Sign in to follow this  
baltimoreravens

Ravens promote Dean Pees, retain Cam Cameron

From http://www.baltimoreravens.com

Pees Named New Ravens D-Coordinator

Dean Pees was the New England Patriots’ defensive coordinator for four years.

Posted by Ryan Mink on Friday, January 27th, 2012 at 11:09 am | Categories: Ryan Mink

PLEASE NOTE: The opinions, analysis and/or speculation expressed on BaltimoreRavens.com represent those of individual authors, and unless quoted or clearly labeled as such, do not represent the opinions or policies of the Baltimore Ravens' organization, front office staff, coaches and executives. Authors' views are formulated independently from any inside knowledge and/or conversations with Ravens officials, including the coaches and scouts, unless otherwise noted.

Dean Pees doesn’t have the same visibly fiery personality of Chuck Pagano.

But Pees and Pagano share something.

They both really know defense.

On Friday afternoon, Pees was named the Ravens’ new defensive coordinator, promoted from his job as linebackers coach. He replaces Pagano, who became the Indianapolis Colts’ head coach after one year as Baltimore’s defensive coordinator.

“The tradition of this defense will continue and it will flourish and it will get even better,” said Head Coach John Harbaugh.

“It’s an incredible opportunity to be a defensive coordinator for anybody in this league, but it’s especially humbling to be one for the Ravens,” said Pees. “I’m not going to be the same as Chuck Pagano. You got to be who you are.”

Pees, 62, has been in this seat before. He was the New England Patriots’ defensive coordinator for four years from 2006 to 2009.

The Patriots’ defense was among the worst in the league this year, and it wasn’t too much better last season. But it wasn’t that way when Pees was there.

During that time, the Patriots ranked in the NFL’s top 10 each season in points allowed per game. In 2006, Pees’ defense set a New England franchise-record for points allowed per game (14.8). It was the second lowest total in the NFL.

In 2007, the Patriots went 16-0 in the regular season, and the defense allowed the fewest yards by a New England defense in 28 years. They were second in the league with 47 sacks.

“Dean has done it. He’s been with the Patriots,” linebacker Jameel McClain said. “He knows our style of play. I know firsthand Dean is a great guy, a great coach, and, man, he knows his stuff.”

“In our business, when you sit down and talk to somebody you find out real quick their knowledge of football,” linebacker Jarret Johnson said. “With Dean, you spend two minutes with him,[and you know] this is a football guy. He understands the sport, he knows a lot about the game. Anytime you have a conversation about the sport with him, you learn something about the game.”

Cam To Continue As Offensive Coordinator

Cam Cameron will begin his fifth year as the Ravens’ offensive coordinator.

Posted by Garrett Downing on Friday, January 27th, 2012 at 11:14 am | Categories: Garrett Downing

PLEASE NOTE: The opinions, analysis and/or speculation expressed on BaltimoreRavens.com represent those of individual authors, and unless quoted or clearly labeled as such, do not represent the opinions or policies of the Baltimore Ravens' organization, front office staff, coaches and executives. Authors' views are formulated independently from any inside knowledge and/or conversations with Ravens officials, including the coaches and scouts, unless otherwise noted.

Cam Cameron will be back in Baltimore for another season.

The Ravens announced Friday that Cameron will return after already serving as the Ravens’ offensive coordinator for four years.

“Cam has been our offensive coordinator, will continue to be our offensive coordinator,” Head Coach John Harbaugh said. “I think our coaches did a tremendous job this year.”

Cameron’s return will keep some continuity among the Ravens’ assistant coaches. Baltimore lost Defensive Coordinator Chuck Pagano to the Colts this offseason, but Cameron will be back to lead the offense that came within seconds of reaching the Super Bowl.

Cameron’s contract was set to expire this offseason and Harbaugh did not provide any specifics about a new deal.

“It was a forgone conclusion to me,” Harbaugh said about Cameron returning. “If you look at the way our offense played this year and that job our players did on offense and our coaches did, I was excited about it.”

Under Cameron in 2011, the Ravens finished the season ranked 15th in total yards, 19th in passing and 10th in rushing. They finished fourth in the AFC in scoring.

“It was a good year,” Harbaugh said. “We turned a lot of things over as an offense.”

The Ravens had four Pro Bowlers on offense – right guard Marshal Yanda, fullback Vonta Leach, running back Ray Rice and left guard Ben Grubbs.

Cameron also coached the quarterbacks this season, and Joe Flacco finished the year with 3,610 passing yards and 20 touchdowns. Harbaugh said it has not yet been determined if Cameron will coach the quarterbacks again next season.

“We’ll see where all that goes down the line,” Harbaugh said when asked if they are planning to bring in a quarterbacks coach. “That’s a possibility.”

Pagano leaving made this inevitable. I hope Pees does a good job, and I hope that they get Joe a QB coach since he and Cam do not get along.

I can't believe Cam is staying unbelievable. Ravens fans must be pissed about that.

Yes, they are. The Ravens message board is pretty depressing right now. :facepalm:

Sucks for Flacco. Have fun watching Torrey Smith run the same exact deep route 15 times a game.

The scheme doesn't fit Flacco well. Which I think is the ultimate problem with Cam, it's not like he can't fix or change the scheme a little.

Cam is so stuck in his ways. He won't make any adjustments. We'll continue to be the most predictable offense in the NFL. Hey opposing teams, watch our film, you'll figure us out. On first down, we will run the ball.

Cam Cameron... stays?

booker.gif

WHY! How long before these idiots realize Cam Cameron's fucking dinosaur scheme is a piece of shit! Enough with this bullshit! Watching the Ravens play offense is like watching a piece of meat defrost on the kitchen counter; the offense is boring, ineffective, tedious, unproductive, ugly and dead! I could imagine how bad the defense wants to kill Cam Cameron because watching this offense from the sidelines must be torture...

The Ravens will never win a Super Bowl with Cam fucking Cameron. The offense can be productive, it has productive players, but the scheme is just not working! For the love of fuck, Hue Jackson is available and the Ravens choose to keep Cam Cameron! Oh well, time to see the Ravens lose games they should win because their not running the ball and using predictable schemes when passing. It's like Cam Cameron literally takes the worst playbook in Madden, the the letter, and makes it into the Ravens playbook! No bunch formations, 2 WR / 2 TE formations ALL THE FUCKING TIME, predictable pass plays on obvious pass downs, no run plays when it should be ran down the opponents throat... what is that shit! Fuck, I'd much rather have Bruce Arians that Cam Cameron... you know what give me BANGY over Cam Cameron because Bangy at least has seen a productive offense on TV...

This is a joke! "ESPN said that Cam Cameron is great OC. If it wasn't for the AFCC game Cam Cameron's job would be guaranteed."

:Suicide:

Well time for me to get my fucking box of tissue ready when for next season when this offense fail to produce and the Ravens completely miss the playoffs because the Steelers and Bengals are just fucking superior on offense. And if the Ravens DO make the playoffs they'll be bounced in the heartbreaking typical Ravens fashion due in part to the typical Baltimore Raven "what in the fuck were you thinking" play. I'd much rather be a fan shit team and know my team is shit, isn't going to make any noise, and will be the doormat of the league rather than experience the heartbreak every year when 1/2 of my team could win a fucking championship when the other 1/2 belongs in the gutter of the Sun Belt Conference!!

tumblr_lxgvjnsCmf1qzgnec.gif

• Upvote 1

What are the Ravens thinking of even keeping Cam Cameron? Seriously. :wtf:

Per Rotoworld.com:

The length of Ravens OC Cam Cameron's new contract has yet to be determined, but is expected to be "lucrative."

It was reported last Sunday Cameron was unlikely to be back due in part to friction with Joe Flacco, but Flacco reportedly signed off on his return. "We have a great relationship," Cameron said of Flacco. "Joe has grown so much and in so many ways, not only as a player but as a man. There's greatness in him. He's right on track to where a lot of the great ones have been." Jan 28 - 9:39 AM

Source: Carroll County Times

What sucks is that the Steelers picked up Haley who albeit is a bit of a whiner is a damn good OC. If he can shut his mouth and do his job then the Steeler's have all the pieces to have a scary offense. Us Ravens we have Don Coryell 0.5 damn....