Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Raiders could trade Darren McFadden?

ESPN's John Clayton tweets that the Oakland Raiders decision to hire Greg Knapp as their new offensive coordinator could lead to the Raiders shopping RB Darren McFadden. The idea has come up a few times in the few weeks but as Clayton notes, Knapp is expected to implement a zone-blocking scheme next season which was something that McFadden struggled with in years past. To complicate matters further, the Raiders will have to make a decision regarding free agent RB Michael Bush. Some reports have suggested that the team could use their franchise tag on him in the coming weeks but Clayton mentions that Oakland may see what kind of offers there are in the trade market for McFadden. Knapp is still known for running a heavy run-based offense so it will be interesting to see what they do in regards to both McFadden and Bush.

Source: NFL Trade Rumors

Edited by GoodellFTL

PACKERS MAKE A MOVE

RUN DMC would be the big kick up the ass the run game needs and I would take him over Grant. Please do something this offseason TT.

It's hard to see this happening. For one McFadden has more value for the Raiders than they would get in compensation due to his injuries, and who is going to trade for him with his kind of salary? It's an almost $7mil cap hit.

Interesting that since they have two really capable feature backs they have flexibility, though now that Al Davis is gone (I'm sorry for sounding harsh) they could actually try making smarter roster moves and trying to contend. In doing so, they would be dumb to let either one suit up in any other uniform. Stop trying to change the star player to more match the offense, and instead change the offense to more match the star player.

When DMC went down the Raiders offense went down. If DMC can stay healthy, which at this point is a big if, he is one of the best in the league. I wouldn't trade him, like Shotgun said, he is more valuable to the Raiders now than he would with some other team.

When DMC went down the Raiders offense went down. If DMC can stay healthy, which at this point is a big if, he is one of the best in the league. I wouldn't trade him, like Shotgun said, he is more valuable to the Raiders now than he would with some other team.

Yeah dude carried that offense. These coaches that come in and install their own system without taking into regard the existing offense are annoying. It's why so many of these guys fail in the first couple of seasons. If the Raiders want to keep improving they need to tailor that offense to suit DMC, or find a new #1 guy in the the upcoming draft.

PACKERS MAKE A MOVE

RUN DMC would be the big kick up the ass the run game needs and I would take him over Grant. Please do something this offseason TT.

Right up until he gets hurt again and misses substantial playing time. The kid is super talented, but he's shown nothing but frailty in his career. I don't know how quick I'd be to shell out millions for this back.