Sign in to follow this  
Bangy

Donald Driver Will Take Pay Cut To Stay In Green Bay

Per Rotoworld

Donald Driver says he’ll take a pay cut to stay in Green Bay

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 11, 2012, 12:20 PM EST

AP

Packers receiver Donald Driver is 37 years old and coming off his least productive season in a decade, and he realizes that in the business of the NFL, that means the Packers may have a tough choice to make about his future.

But Driver is willing to make things easier on the team by taking less money.

“The organization knows what I’ve done on and off the field, and they want to keep me around as long as possible,” Driver told WISN-TV, via the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “If that means sitting down and taking pay cuts to stay around, then you take pay cuts to stay around. I’ve always said it’s not about the money for me anymore. What I’m pushing for is for my legacy to stay around in the state of Wisconsin and around the world forever. So the money’s not a big issue.”

Driver is scheduled to receiver a $2.2 million roster bonus next month, but it sounds like he’ll be willing to give up that bonus so that he can stick around. At this point Driver isn’t worth much beyond a league-minimum salary, but if he’s willing to play for the minimum, the Packers will be in the enviable position of having a veteran presence who’s happy to be a part of the team at any salary.

Gotta love DD, he is the epitome of how a pro player should handle themselves. I hope that we can get him one more ring it would be epic.

Edited by Ducky

Gotta love DD, he is the epitomy of how a pro player should handle themselves. I hope that we can get him one more ring it would be epic.

And you are still the epitome of failure.

It will be sad if he accepts what turns out to be the veteran minimum and the Packers end up deeming him not worthy of even that.

Yea if they cut him and not let him retire when he wants to I will be pissed off. Driver has sacrificed his body so many times to make play it is unreal. He never acts up like a T.O and has always been about the team first never spoke out of line or caused a stir.

If they cut him the disrespect level is ridiculous.

Nobody ever acts up like a TO, Bangy, except TO himself.

Glad to hear this news.

By acting up like T.O I meant that he never has or will be that Diva type WR which is unfortunately increasing in the NFL today..