Sign in to follow this  
BigBen07

What's The Biggest FA Signing So Far?

I think Offensive Guards are overrated. The fact that they don't get drafted in the top 10 EVER no matter how good they are is probably solid evidence to back up my claim. Nicks is a great player, but how much difference will a Guard make when your OL as a whole is pretty weak? You also could've had Ben Grubbs for a cheaper contract. Meanwhile, VJax is a guy you can throw it up to anytime and he has a great chance at coming down with it. Dude is a flat out monster who is uncoverable at times and like NBB said, will open up things for the rest of the offense. He can take over games and Freeman has the ability tog et him the ball deep down field. I'm not saying OL is unimportant, but OG specifically isn't really a position worth investing that kind of money in. That's just my opinion, though.

Adding Nicks is a HUGE difference for our offensive line. We started last season with undersized Ted Larsen at LG, and this year we'll go with the massive All Pro Carl Nicks. Run blocking was a problem for our offensive line last year because we lacked size inside between our LG and Faine. Nicks is a HUGE addition, especially when Schiano said he wants to have a run-first offense. We just got arguably the best interior run blocking player in the league, and that doesn't make a big difference? Just because it isn't flashy or sexy, doesn't mean it isn't valuable. Also, who cares if we could've had Ben Grubbs for cheaper? Grubbs isn't as good as Nicks. People have been bitching for years that the Bucs won't spend top dollar for the top talent, and when they finally do we should've signed someone else for cheaper. Not like Nicks' contract somehow hampers our ability to do anything. We've been operating on a shoestring budget for years. We still have a good chunk of salary cap after handing out three big contracts and all three deals are easy to back out of without much of a cap hit after three years.

V-Jax is the sexier signing, but he is older and has more concerns to me. I am excited about it, but not as much as Nicks. He also really isn't much of the "throw it up and bring it down" WR, he's never had 70+ catches in a season. He is a deep threat, which we do need badly and I'm excited about that. But if we can't run the ball and can't protect Freeman, then it is all moot. I put both Nicks and V-Jax towards the top of best FA pickups, but I just like Nicks more. Getting a 26 year old All Pro and arguably the best player at his position is something you can rarely do in free agency.

The biggest FA signing so far is obvious, and no, sarcasm is not on... It's TIMOTHY TEBOW!!!!!!!

Here me out...

Sanchez is going to throw multiple interceptions, and all in one game. As soon as that happens, say, week 3 at the latest, the "TE-BOW, TE-BOW, TE-BOW" chants will be coming out of the woodwork. As we all know, NY is a big ol' shit storm as it is. The media frenzy alone makes this the biggest FA signing out there, and it's coupled with the Peyton signing, so it's all one big cluster fuck. This shit is gonna be epic, and that's not an exaggeration.

• Downvote 1

The biggest FA signing so far is obvious, and no, sarcasm is not on... It's TIMOTHY TEBOW!!!!!!!

Here me out...

Sanchez is going to throw multiple interceptions, and all in one game. As soon as that happens, say, week 3 at the latest, the "TE-BOW, TE-BOW, TE-BOW" chants will be coming out of the woodwork. As we all know, NY is a big ol' shit storm as it is. The media frenzy alone makes this the biggest FA signing out there, and it's coupled with the Peyton signing, so it's all one big cluster fuck. This shit is gonna be epic, and that's not an exaggeration.

That would be all fine and well.........except Tim Tebow wasnt a FA signing....he was traded, lol.

Damnittt. you're right... Oh well. SAMPSON SIMPSON! I STAND BY MAH STORY!!!!!!!

I guess that makes Peyton the biggest FA signing, but for an inadvertent reason. It sparked the media storm that we are sure to see

........ Great Save, if I do say so myself :thumb: ............

Edited by B-isforBowe

I guess that makes Peyton the biggest FA signing, but for an inadvertent reason. :party: It sparked the media storm that we are sure to see

I guess that makes Peyton the biggest FA signing, but for an inadvertent reason. It sparked the media storm that we are sure to see

lol, read the OPs post :rofl:

SSSSSSSSSSSSSTRIKE 2

lol, read the OPs post :rofl:

SSSSSSSSSSSSSTRIKE 2

NO SIR!!!! NO STRIKES AT ALL!!!!!!!! LOL. I read it, but it's not in the title, therefore, I have to grasp at the straw I have left to make my post SOMEwhat relevant. Come on man. Throw me a friggin BONE HERE!!! :corn:

NO SIR!!!! NO STRIKES AT ALL!!!!!!!! LOL. I read it, but it's not in the title, therefore, I have to grasp at the straw I have left to make my post SOMEwhat relevant. Come on man. Throw me a friggin BONE HERE!!! :corn:

lol fair enough.......B-isforBone

John drunk.