Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Game of Thrones Season 2

Just watched the last episode.

Boy, Ygritte sure played Jon completely. It makes it a little more clear in the book, if I recall correctly, but the last couple episodes between the two of them have been pretty good.

I'd really love watching these without knowing what actually happened, lol. I think they'd only get better.

Boy, Ygritte sure played Jon completely. It makes it a little more clear in the book, if I recall correctly, but the last couple episodes between the two of them have been pretty good.

I'd really love watching these without knowing what actually happened, lol. I think they'd only get better.

I'm hoping they actually take it off track from the stories a bit. There have been parts that they start to and then bring the same basic story back with a different character performing the actions. I want the Tullys to show up though. No Blackfish kinda sucks.

I'm hoping they actually take it off track from the stories a bit. There have been parts that they start to and then bring the same basic story back with a different character performing the actions. I want the Tullys to show up though. No Blackfish kinda sucks.

Blackfish is a compelling character. I like him in the books and am surprised he wasn't cast.

Why do you want them to take the storyline away from the books? Until we get to the 4th book, they're all fantastic.

Then he messes up with A Feast for Crows, only because its just about minor characters, and gets back on track with A Dance with Dragons.

Why do you want them to take the storyline away from the books? Until we get to the 4th book, they're all fantastic.

Then he messes up with A Feast for Crows, only because its just about minor characters, and gets back on track with A Dance with Dragons.

I like to be surprised. I don't want to watch something that I already know what happens. I never understand people's need to have a movie or a show follow the source material exactly. Its one of the reasons I've really enjoyed Walking Dead. They have used the comics as a guide but aren't afraid to take their own path. Sure there have been varying degrees of success but its made watching it a whole lot more enjoyable.

Edit: Wasn't a huge fan of A Dance with Dragons either, tbh. No real conclusion to anything. I realize there isn't a definitive conclusion because there are books to follow but it leaves right in the middle of nearly every story line. Too many cliff hangers, etc.

And what the fuck happened to the group with the greenseer(s)? He abandons the storyline halfway throough the book and never returns.

Edited by GA_Eagle

I like to be surprised. I don't want to watch something that I already know what happens. I never understand people's need to have a movie or a show follow the source material exactly. Its one of the reasons I've really enjoyed Walking Dead. They have used the comics as a guide but aren't afraid to take their own path. Sure there have been varying degrees of success but its made watching it a whole lot more enjoyable.

Edit: Wasn't a huge fan of A Dance with Dragons either, tbh. No real conclusion to anything. I realize there isn't a definitive conclusion because there are books to follow but it leaves right in the middle of nearly every story line. Too many cliff hangers, etc.

And what the fuck happened to the group with the greenseer(s)? He abandons the storyline halfway throough the book and never returns.

Ofc there's no real conclusion to anything, there are two more books, The Winds of Winter and then book 7.

I like to be surprised too, but I also like watching things that stick to a great storyline. I'm pretty sure Martin has the definitive say in what goes in, so I guess if they do change anything, he'd have to okay it.

Daenarys has to start her invasion in the sixth book, just so the 7th can be used to finish that and wrap things up.

Bran and the greenseer are setting up for Daenarys' invasion, I think. Or at least, he's seeing something that relates to that.

There are so many storylines going on that I'm doubtful he can pull it all together in two more books.

Tyrion heading to join Daenarys was welcome, though. He is exactly what she needs.

Edited by Thanatos19

I'm just dying for Robb to get word and either beat the shit out of Theon or kill him. Theon is so mind fucked right now it's not even funny. Being manipulated by his father who had given him up as a child. Manipulated by his men just so he can have some sort of acceptance and conflicted what to do as a leader. AHH I can't wait to see what happens next.

Holy shit.

Do NOT go and read the description for Winds of Winter anywhere.

Some damn idiot put the summary for book 7 up online, and some more idiots have put that up as the summary for book 6.

Talk about major spoilers.

I mean, I thought that was coming, but I didn't want to know.

Edited by Thanatos19

I like to be surprised too, but I also like watching things that stick to a great storyline. I'm pretty sure Martin has the definitive say in what goes in, so I guess if they do change anything, he'd have to okay it.

I don't think you know what you want / like. :p

And I can't wait for Jon Snow to realize that he is retarded for joining the Knights Watch or whatever and goes back to Winterfell and kick some fucking ass!

I don't want them deviating from an awesome storyline just to do something different. If they can make it just as awesome, have at it.

I don't want them deviating from an awesome storyline just to do something different. If they can make it just as awesome, have at it.

You can keep much of the heart of the story line there and make it different. The tenets of the story are there, then make them your own. It may not be to do something different, it may be to streamline the story. TV is a different medium and needs to move at a slightly faster pace. Martin writes a lot of his chapters after the action happened by having the character relate to the reader what just happened then moving forward with the chapter, you can't effectively do that with TV for a long period of time...

I already think the TV show needs to streamline because the characters have 5 minutes of screen time, each (only a slight exaggeration) per episode. Its getting to the point that only 1 thing really happens per episode, and then we don't see that character again for 3 episodes. The storylines only become more divergent and intricate with more characters involved so it could turn into a mess if they don't try and cut the fat, so to speak.

You can keep much of the heart of the story line there and make it different. The tenets of the story are there, then make them your own. It may not be to do something different, it may be to streamline the story. TV is a different medium and needs to move at a slightly faster pace. Martin writes a lot of his chapters after the action happened by having the character relate to the reader what just happened then moving forward with the chapter, you can't effectively do that with TV for a long period of time...

I already think the TV show needs to streamline because the characters have 5 minutes of screen time, each (only a slight exaggeration) per episode. Its getting to the point that only 1 thing really happens per episode, and then we don't see that character again for 3 episodes. The storylines only become more divergent and intricate with more characters involved so it could turn into a mess if they don't try and cut the fat, so to speak.

Well, yes and no.

That's why he diverges, and in SoS focuses more on the main characters, and then in FoC on the minor ones.

We've already cut the fat and not mentioned a few minor characters that had viewpoint chapters such as Theon's uncle, the Drowned Priest, though we see him "baptizing" Theon.

I cannot wait for Storm of Swords next year. A scene, which I'm sure you're familiar with, is going to be so epic.

The end of CoK is also pretty damn epic, though. This series was just made for TV.

Guest Phailadelphia

Phew.

I am not totally sold it was them. They didn't show them, the dire wolves, the large half-wit, or the crazy northerner wildling. Maybe just a clever rouse to lose them.

Although... if that is real. :(

Hah, we were right!

What is with these like 10 episode seasons? Boooo :shifty:

What is with these like 10 episode seasons? Boooo :shifty:

I imagine production costs and the actors having other things they need to do.

At least they are all in a row and we don't get 5 and then wait six monthes and get the next 5 like some shows do.

Holy shit the last episode was amazing, finally an epic fight scene.

I am so fucking happy that the Hound told Joffery where to go, Since the tourney of the hand his character has gotten better and better be interesting to see what happens and where he goes now, though I kind of wish Sansa went with him would of been interesting to see how that would of progressed.

Tyrionn is still my favourite character, the fact he leads the charge is something you wouldn't expect to happen at all and he managed to get the Lannister men that were going to desert to fight for him and their selves as well was epic. Bronn is funny as fuck still and the appearance of head Lannister makes for a new twist. I wonder what will happen to Stannis and what happened to Davos.

So glad I started reading the books as well now, I'm a third through the first one so much more information.

Pissed there is only one more episode of this series though.

I really like what they did with the wildfire scene, cutting to the reactions. The pyromancer giggling was great. This was a great episode and a great performance on the parts of Peter Dinklage, Rory McCann and Stephen Dillane. Tywin once again shows why he is the best character in this series, and that the world would go to even bigger shit without him.

The season finale next week should be EPIC.

This Tyrion is lucky to not have his nose hacked off like he does in the books. Although I imagine it was a smart change to make since that would have been weird.

Fucking Tyrells man...I wonder what they will get for their alliance with the Lannisters.

It's going to be interesting to see how they handle this one.

If I recall correctly, Tyrion doesn't wake up until Storm of Swords, and a season finale without Tyrion seems... less epic.

What happens with Qhorin Halfhand will be pretty damn epic.

So is the Red Wedding the celebration after Robb is wed or the actual wedding? They were married in the finale which means if the celebration follows, those events would take place early in season 3, which would kinda fuck up the shows flow. You would think that would be the way they end season 3.

That particular wedding is a different wedding than this one. The Red Wedding should happen near the end of season 3, or if they do what I'm hearing and splitting Storm of Swords into two seasons, near the middle of season 4. I can't wait.

So is the Red Wedding the celebration after Robb is wed or the actual wedding? They were married in the finale which means if the celebration follows, those events would take place early in season 3, which would kinda fuck up the shows flow. You would think that would be the way they end season 3.

The Red Wedding is neither of those, it's the wedding that the Starks do to try to appease the Freys, by marrying the girl who was supposed to marry Robb to a different Stark. It's in the middle of Storm of Swords.

If, like Razor said, they split SoS into two seasons, then it stands to reason that the Red Wedding is how they would end season 3.

Edited by Thanatos19

Book Spoilers: Seriously do not read this unless you are all caught up with the books. MAJOR SPOILERS. YOU ONLY HAVE YOURSELF TO BLAME FOR SPOILING THIS.

If they do split the season, that means there is some serious good news. Tywin Lannister lives for another season. Charles Dance just plays him so well, and he's always been my favourite character in the series.

Would anyone be interested in a Game of Thrones character rankings topic? I definitely couldn't do all the characters, but I could quite a few of the prominent ones, the point of view characters and a few of the major players at least.

Edited by RazorStar

Book Spoilers:

If they do split the season, that means there is some serious good news. Tywin Lannister lives for another season. Charles Dance just plays him so well, and he's always been my favourite character in the series.

Would anyone be interested in a Game of Thrones character rankings topic? I definitely couldn't do all the characters, but I could quite a few of the prominent ones, the point of view characters and a few of the major players at least.

You might wanna put an additional warning that that is a major spoiler, since it involves a major character death.

But yes, I agree, Tywin is one of the best-acted characters in the series.