Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Eagles can get out of D-Jax deal in 2014

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Eagles can get out of DeSean Jackson's five-year, $47 million contract relatively pain free following the 2013 season.

Jackson's deal contains $15 million guaranteed, $14.75 million of which are paid in the first two seasons. He received a $10 million signing bonus and base salaries of $750,000 and $6.75 million in 2012 and 2013, respectively. In 2014, Jackson's base salary leaps to $10.25 million, and only $250K of that number is guaranteed for both skill and injury. So, essentially, Jackson's deal can be reduced to a two-year, $17.9 million commitment. Apr 15 - 9:17 PM

Source: ESPN.com

Damn, I like it. Good insurance against DeSean taking a full dive into DIVA mode or (more realistically) suffering another concussion.

I want to know why all these players the Eagles sign are dumb shits and sign these contracts that appear to be job security, but is nothing other than the Eagles covering their own ass.

I almost feel bad for some of these players (although, no Jackson because he was severely overpaid anyway) at how incredibly stupid they are.

I want to know why all these players the Eagles sign are dumb shits and sign these contracts that appear to be job security, but is nothing other than the Eagles covering their own ass.

I almost feel bad for some of these players (although, no Jackson because he was severely overpaid anyway) at how incredibly stupid they are.

The Eagles could be going with the "if you're not planning on playing, we're not planning on paying" mantra, and sticking to it. They've been doing it for a while, even before the Roseman era. They never enter a season with more than a couple million dead space tops. They've also been near the top of their division for a while, so they don't come off as desperate as other teams, and they give players as good chance to consistently get to the playoffs as anyone. They haven't missed the playoffs in back to back years in a long, long, time.