Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

NASCAR 2012 Season Discussion

Richmond is definitely on the list of tracks I have to see a race at eventually.

I've only missed one of the Richmond races in the last three seasons (the spring race this year was right in the middle of exams) it is a great track

Crazy how Carl Edwards can lose the championship on a tiebreaker one season then fail to make the Chase the next.

you can go back pretty far and the guy who finishes second one year has an awful season the next year, not sure what it is, but there's gotta be something to it

Edited by oochymp

Crazy how Carl Edwards can lose the championship on a tiebreaker one season then fail to make the Chase the next.

It is pretty common actually. The post-championship defeat hangover has been going on a while now in NASCAR.

2005-Greg Biffle finishes 2nd in points, the next season he misses the Chase and finishes 13th in points.

2007-Jeff Gordon finishes 2nd in points, the next season he goes winless for the first time since 1993.

2008-Carl Edwards finishes 2nd in points, the next season he goes winless and finishes 11th in points.

2009-Mark Martin finishes 2nd in points, the next season he goes winless while missing the Chase and finishing 13th in points.

2010-Denny Hamlin finishes 2nd in points, the next season he barely made it into the Chase and limped to a 9th place points finish.

The only real exceptions as of late have been 2004 where Jimmie Johnson finished 2nd to Kurt Busch and went on to get his 1st of 5 consecutive championships the next season and 2006 where Matt Kenseth finishes 2nd and backed it up with a 4th place points finish the next year.

Edited by Milla4Prez63

The Chase is set, Jeff Gordon beats Kyle Busch by a single point for the last spot.

that was awesome

top five for Kenseth and Kyle Busch didn't make the chase, can't ask for much more :p

Initial Chase Standings:

1. Denny Hamlin 2012

2t. Jimmie Johnson -3

2t. Tony Stewart -3

2t. Brad Keselowski -3

5t. Greg Biffle -6

5t. Clint Bowyer -6

7t. Dale Earnhardt Jr. -9

7t. Matt Kenseth -9

9t. Kevin Harvick -12

9t. Martin Truex Jr. -12

9t. Kasey Kahne -12

9t. Jeff Gordon -12

Edited by oochymp

Brad Keselowski wins at Chicagoland and takes the points lead for the first time in his career. New Hampshire next week.

Also, props to Dave Blaney's son, Ryan on winning the truck race at Iowa Saturday night. He is the youngest winner in truck series history now and he has matched his father's whopping total of NASCAR wins at 1 lol.

Keselowski gets his second win of the Chase to take the points lead, this looks to be turning into a three man race with Jimmie 5 points back and Hamlin 16 points back

Full Chase standings:

Keselowski

Johnson (-5)

Hamlin (-16)

Bowyer (-25)

Stewart (-32)

Kahne (-32)

Earnhardt Jr. (-39)

Truex Jr. (-42)

Harvick (-46)

Gordon (-48)

Biffle (-51)

Kenseth (-72)

Matt Kenseth won Talladeda in a wild finish, but Brad Keselowski has the points lead, up 14 on Jimmie Johnson. Denny Hamlin is 23 points back and it appears to be a three horse race down the stretch.

Anyone getting the new NASCAR video game that came out today? I got it at midnight last night and it is an improvement from last year, just not sure why we have to wait this late for a game.

Cars and schemes in the game:

#1 Jamie McMurray - Bass Pro Shops, McDonald's, LiftMaster, Banana Boat, Belkin

#2 Brad Keselowski - Blue Deuce

#5 Kasey Kahne - Farmers Insurance, Quaker State, Hendrickcars.com, NASCAR Unites

#6 Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. - Ford EcoBoost

#7 Robby Gordon - Speed Energy

#9 Marcos Ambrose - Stanley Tools, DeWalt, Mac Tools

#10 Danica Patrick - GoDaddy.com

#11 Denny Hamlin - FexEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight, FedEx Office, SportsClips

#13 Casey Mears - GEICO

#14 Tony Stewart - Office Depot, Mobil 1, NASCAR Unites 1, NASCAR Unites 2

#15 Clint Bowyer - 5 Hour Energy, Aaron's/Alabama National Championship, NASCAR Unites

#16 Greg Biffle, 3M, NASCAR Unites, 3M Blue, Meguiars, Scotch-Brite, Sherwin-Williams

#17 Matt Kenseth - Best Buy, Valvoline, Zest, Ford EcoBoost, Fastenal, 5/3rd Bank, Gary Sinise Foundation

#18 Kyle Busch - M&M's, Interstate Batteries, NASCAR Unites, Doublemint, Snickers

#20 Joey Logano - Home Depot, Dollar General, GameStop

#21 Trevor Bayne - Motorcraft

#22 Sam Hornish, Jr. - Shell/Pennzoil

#24 Jeff Gordon - Drive to End Hunger, DuPont, Pepsi Max, NASCAR Unites

#26 Josh Wise - MDS

#27 Paul Menard - Nibco/Menard's, PEAK Antifreeze, Quaker State, Rheem

#29 Kevin Harvick - Rheem, Jimmy John's

#30 David Stremme - Inception Motorsports

#31 Jeff Burton - CAT, Wheaties, BB&T, CAT Mining

#33 Austin Dillon - American Ethanol

#34 David Ragan - Power Pak Pudding, Scorpion

#36 Dave Blaney - SealWrap

#38 David Gilliland - ModSpace, Power Pak Pudding

#39 Ryan Newman - U.S. Army, Haas, Outback Steakhouse, Quicken Loans, Tornado's, Wix Filters

#42 Juan Pablo Montoya - Target, Clorox, NASCAR Unites, Energizer

#43 Aric Almirola - Smithfield, U.S. Air Force, STP, Richard Petty Experience, Charter, Medallion

#47 Bobby Labonte - Kingsford, Bush's Beans

#48 Jimmie Johnson - Lowe's, Lowe's Black, NASCAR Unites, myLowe's.com

#51 Kurt Busch - Hendrickcars.com, Phoenix Racing

#55 Mark Martin - Aaron's

#56 Martin Truex, Jr. - NAPA

#78 Regan Smith - Furniture Row

#83 Landon Cassill - Burger King, Burger King Smoothies

#87 Joe Nemechek - Wood & Pellet Stoves

#88 Dale Earnhardt, Jr. - Diet Mountain Dew, National Guard, AMP Energy, NASCAR Unites

#93 Travis Kvapil - Burger King, Dr. Pepper, Burger King Smoothies

#95 Scott Speed - TWD, JTS

#98 Michael McDowell - K-Love

#99 Carl Edwards - Fastenal, Aflac, NASCAR Unites, Kellogg's, Cheez-It, UPS, Subway, Ford EcoBoost, Geek Squad

Jimmie gon cruise to championship #6. :yep:

Anyone getting the new NASCAR video game that came out today? I got it at midnight last night and it is an improvement from last year, just not sure why we have to wait this late for a game.

I can't be the only one who thinks it's ridiculous to come out with a video game at the end of the season, it'd be like putting Madden out in January, especially with all of the driver changes that are going down this offseason, if I'm going to play a NASCAR game at this point I want Matt Kenseth in the #20

also, this JJ v Keselowski battle for the Cup is getting pretty good, but I'd have trouble picking against Jimmie at this point, I think winning that green white checker Sunday may have just about sealed it

I can't be the only one who thinks it's ridiculous to come out with a video game at the end of the season, it'd be like putting Madden out in January, especially with all of the driver changes that are going down this offseason, if I'm going to play a NASCAR game at this point I want Matt Kenseth in the #20

also, this JJ v Keselowski battle for the Cup is getting pretty good, but I'd have trouble picking against Jimmie at this point, I think winning that green white checker Sunday may have just about sealed it

They released it so late because the last one was rushed and people hated it, plus they kept patching it up so many times that they couldn't fully start on this until later. Besides, the 2013 cars are expected to be free DLC in a few months.

They released it so late because the last one was rushed and people hated it, plus they kept patching it up so many times that they couldn't fully start on this until later. Besides, the 2013 cars are expected to be free DLC in a few months.

if they've put it off this long why not just skip a year and put one out in late January or early February? that would be much better timing from a publicity/marketing standpoint

I really want to get it Milla, but I'm not so sure. I don't play Nascar games online much. I mostly play offline career mode. Hell sometimes I still play Nascar Thunder 2004. If the career mode is said to be close to as good as Thunder games, I'll get it. Let me know how it is. I loved how the cars handled and the setups were and everything game play wise, but the career mode was lousy and there was no depth to it.

I've not tried career mode, but the challenge modes are pretty awesome. The cars drive like they do in real life where you have to be smooth or you'll pretty much crash lol. They have a decent amount of paint schemes and for the first that I can remember you have some pretty low-end teams in the game.

well, with two races left and Jimmie 7 points ahead of Keselowski, Keselowski will be starting 10 spots ahead of Jimmie tomorrow at Phoenix, but I have trouble thinking Jimmie will stay at 24th for long

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. defends his Nationwide Series championship. He'll go racing in Cup full time next year in the #17.

Cup championship coming down to Brad Keselowski and Jimmie Johnson tommorrow. Brad will likely win barring a disaster.

Cup championship coming down to Brad Keselowski and Jimmie Johnson tommorrow. Brad will likely win barring a disaster.

yeah, barring a wreck/engine trouble Keselowski's got it, but the way this season's gone you can't really rule anything out