Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Jordan, Fokou facing 'uphill battle'?

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Philadelphia Inquirer believes Eagles LBs Akeem Jordan and Moise Fokou "may face an uphill battle for roster spots."

Both Jordan and Fokou made seven starts in 2011, but could be the odd-men-out after Philly traded for DeMeco Ryans and spent a second-round pick on Mychal Kendricks. Jordan was the more productive player last season, and with two more years of experience in the Eagles' system, should have a leg up on Fokou if it becomes an "either/or" proposition. May 1 - 10:02 PM

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

The Eagle's LB merry-go-round continues.

Im pretty sure the Eagles are gonna play Kendricks at SAM even though he's kinda short for the position.

Ryans at MLB

And competition at WLB.

That's at least how I see it playing out... Until when/if injuries start piling up.

The way I think it will shake out:

WILL: Matthews, Rolle

MIKE: Ryans, Chaney

SAM: Kendricks, Clayton

No room to keep any other special teamers since our DL is going to have at least 10 guys. Sorry Fokou and Jordan, but not sorry. You had your chances. They will each play at least a few games somewhere in the league next year when someone gets injured.

The way I think it will shake out:

WILL: Matthews, Rolle

MIKE: Ryans, Chaney

SAM: Kendricks, Clayton

No room to keep any other special teamers since our DL is going to have at least 10 guys. Sorry Fokou and Jordan, but not sorry. You had your chances. They will each play at least a few games somewhere in the league next year when someone gets injured.

I'll be pretty pissed off if Matthews starts over Rolle. Rolle is the only LB we had last year who showed anything. I like him better in coverage than Matthews too eventhough he's definitely on the smaller size.

I think Kendricks wins the SLB job without much problem. Ryans is locked in at MLB. There will probably be competition at WLB but I think Brian Rolle wins that spot. He looked good last season and I'll stick to my belief that he can be a quality starter if you put two good linebackers next to him.

I trust Rolle's playmaking, but his tackling is another story. I wouldn't be "pissed" if either of them won the job. Whoever deserves it it will probably get it. Give these guys a full offseason and let them duke it out.

I trust Rolle's playmaking, but his tackling is another story. I wouldn't be "pissed" if either of them won the job. Whoever deserves it it will probably get it. Give these guys a full offseason and let them duke it out.

Casey Matthews was horrendous last year. Rolle strung together a few pretty good games and was EASILY our best LB next year, EASILY. If Casey Matthews blows the coaching staff away this year in training camp then great, but at this point it has to be Rolle's job to lose. Handing Casey Matthews a starting gig because of his last name is a mistake that shouldn't have been made the first time. Making that mistake a second time when you have a guy on your roster who is just flat out a better football player is absolutely inexcusable imo.

idk if you want Matthews starting at Will at all... The Will is usually the one of the three LBs with the biggest burden in terms of handling slot guys and TE, and with Matthew's lack of athleticism, he'd probably be better off competing for the backup MLB spot...

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F