Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Ingram won't be full-go for training camp

Per Rotoworld.com:

Saints interim coach Joe Vitt conceded that Mark Ingram (toe, knee surgeries) is unlikely to be a full-go for the start of training camp.

Ingram has undergone three surgeries over the past three offseasons, two on his left knee. While Vitt is confident Ingram will be ready by Week 1, the durability concerns won't help Ingram's chances of experiencing a bigger workload. The 2011 first-round pick should be red-flagged in 2012 fantasy drafts. May 14 - 4:58 PM

Source: Mike Triplett on Twitter

And people wondered why we held onto Chris Ivory last year

And people wondered why we held onto Chris Ivory last year

I think Chris Ivory Is a better back Than Mark Ingram

There was too much given up for Mark Ingram, I just think him going to the Saints was a bad fit, because they already had 3 guys who had set defined roles. Ingram would have been a better fit for a team who needed a power back to compliment a speed guy or a backfield focused around him. The Rams or Cowboys would have been nice fits but they found different guys to fill their needs (Pead and Murray).

He should go to Carolina. We don't have enough RBs.

I think Chris Ivory Is a better back Than Mark Ingram

I think Ivory is a better pure runner than Ingram. Ingram is better at catching the ball and pass protection and is an all around type of back. Ivory runs with violence which I love watching but most teams have figured out that when Ivory is in the game its going to be a run 95% of the time.

There was too much given up for Mark Ingram, I just think him going to the Saints was a bad fit, because they already had 3 guys who had set defined roles. Ingram would have been a better fit for a team who needed a power back to compliment a speed guy or a backfield focused around him. The Rams or Cowboys would have been nice fits but they found different guys to fill their needs (Pead and Murray).

At the time both Ivory and Thomas were coming off of injuries and we hadn't signed Sproles yet. There were some ball control concerns as well and Ingram coming out of college had fumbled only like twice in his career.

He should go to Carolina. We don't have enough RBs.

I know, your running backs suck in Carolina :troll: