Sign in to follow this  
Staley

The Detroit Lions: The New Philadelphia Eagles

Lions  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Does 1 winning season negate the worst decade of play in football history?

• Yes
    • No

lmao.

The Bears "exposed" the Lions? The only reason why the Lions lost as badly as they did did was because the success of our offense relies on Stafford being good, because we have NO reliable run game to even slightly fall back on. And he had his worst game of the season, possibly his career, and all we did was keep forcing him to throw the ball a million times when he had a BROKEN INDEX FINGER on his THROWING HAND.

If anything, that game was out of the norm, because the Bear's offense that you say was on a role was held in check that game and it was our offense that didn't deliver.

That game didn't expose us because everybody and their mama knew the way we were winning games last year. And that was through throwing the ball - a lot - and scoring at a high volume. And that our defense could hold it's own as long as we weren't facing a high powered offense.

All the game against the Saints 'exposed' was that we are a team ready to compete for a playoff spot, but we aren't a team ready to compete for a Super Bowl. And the same concerns we had all season, which was if Stafford isn't finding his groove, we have to keep throwing it and hope he eventually finds cause running the ball, isn't an option, and our undermanned defense couldn't hold a historic offense for two halves of football.

I don't want to hear about a broken finger. My QB played through a punctured lung.

I don't want to hear about a broken finger. My QB played through a punctured lung.

He didn't play the entire game with a punctured lung, did he?

Having a broken finger on your throwing hand kinda affects how well you can throw the ball, as you might guess.

• Upvote 2

I think they are getting some coverage because outside of the NFC North, the Lions are kind of sympathetic. I would root for them to do well, and have.

On the contrary, your Bears piss me off. I chalk bears games down as a loss before they're ever played. I don't know what it is about that fucking team but no matter how much better my Eagles are in a season, on the day they play the Bears, the Bears always seem to be the better team. Fuck them. Fuck them in their stupid asses. (well not Cutler, that would only be giving him what he wants.)

Now that I think about it Yes. It does.

Considering that using the past to predict the future constantly gets slapped down every time this game evolves. And also considering how much they improved I would definitely say yes. I think they have a sustainable offense as long as Megatron is on the payroll.

And being serious why not ? Are teams not capable of turnaround. Also another thing to consider the guy they pinned the rest of their franchise on was injured causing a season that kind of skewed the actual potential of that team. Once they get a franchise guy back then they become a playoff caliber team....why is that hard to fathom?

What happens when the bears have to play caleb Hanie? And then Cutler comes back and they improve right ? Same thing here.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

2 things here:

1. It seems like almost everyone posting in this thread is now convinced that Jay Cutler is the TRUTH or something. He's one of the most hot-and-cold QBs in the league. I did some research on him a season ago, and it was literally the tale of 2 QBs. He'll throw 3 TDs and no picks in back to back games, and then he'll throw like 6 picks to 2 TDs over the course of the next 2. His career win % is right about .500. I'm not convinced that if the "great" Jay Cutler would have stayed healthy, the Bears would have been much better.

2. All I hear in the media about the Lions is how they play dirty, self-destruct, and break the law with no contrition at all. All the analysts I've heard talk about the Lions praise Stafford and Megatron—for good reason—and rip everyone else from the coach on down. Overhyped? I don't think so. They get a little pub for making the playoffs, seeing as they hadn't done it in like 83 years or something. Other than that, I can't really really recall ever turning on ESPN and hearing them touting the Lions as the team of the century.

• Upvote 1