Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

From what I am reading the Spidey 2017 film is still totally a Sony project that MAY have some MCU characters involved. We will see him before then in the MCU in a an actual Marvel movie though. Still a Sony character, as Sparty was saying.

Your expectations are too high already, which is scary.

Who says it will be an origin story? A lot of the Sony leaks indicated Marvel wasn't interested in re-doing the origin anyways. Plus, Marvel did The Incredible Hulk and that movie was pretty much origin free since most audiences get the gist of the origin. You're making assumptions here. All we know for sure is a new Spider-Man movie is coming in 2017 that will take place in the MCU, nothing more and nothing less. I'm just excited to see him where he belongs and the opportunity to use some of his supporting characters in the MCU. Mainly Norman Osborn and the potential for HAMMER with SHIELD in shambles.

They gonna team on Spidey and ask him: where the fuck were you during the chitauri invasion? :smug:

My expectations are not high, I'm just excited for this to happen. I'm not going to be a negative nancy and call everything horrible before it even goes into production either. Sony is trying to look like they are flexing their muscles here but they pretty much just admitted The Amazing Spider-Man universe was a failure and scrapped it and all of it's planned spin-offs to let a rebooted version appear in the MCU. Marvel had a lot of the power in talks so I doubt they pretty much are letting Sony do whatever they want, be real. It's going to be a collaboration but Kevin Feige and the people at Marvel are not just going to let anything fly in their universe, I'll keep the faith in them and look forward to more details about this and how it changes the MCU going forward.

In other news: I've completely given up on Gotham after that Joker promo for the next episode. Seems like they have no idea wtf they are doing now....

The last two Gothams were SO good. It's done such a fantastic job at treading a darker line on basic cable. Wish they would've called Penguin's club The Iceberg Lounge, but it hasn't quite come to that point just yet. My only problem with the show is Fish. The show has completely outgrown her character, and it's going to be a stretch to make her being relevant again believable. Idk what that current angle with her will lead to, but you could completely cut it out of the show and lose nothing. It's sad, because I'm sure Jada Pinkett-Smith is the highest paid actor on the show, and they're likely going to stay committed to it.

I really enjoyed the last episode of The Flash as well. All of the characters are very likable to me. I was pining for a hookup between Barry and Dr. Snow, could still happen but they seem to be pushing them together and apart in the same breath. The special effects for Grodd looked great too. I wish they would show more of what Firestorm and the Rogues have been up to.

The Spidey speculation is exciting. I won't mind if there's another origin story either. I very much disliked Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, so I hope whoever they cast fits that role. Anyone can do the snarky Spidey lines.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

My expectations are not high, I'm just excited for this to happen. I'm not going to be a negative nancy and call everything horrible before it even goes into production either. Sony is trying to look like they are flexing their muscles here but they pretty much just admitted The Amazing Spider-Man universe was a failure and scrapped it and all of it's planned spin-offs to let a rebooted version appear in the MCU. Marvel had a lot of the power in talks so I doubt they pretty much are letting Sony do whatever they want, be real. It's going to be a collaboration but Kevin Feige and the people at Marvel are not just going to let anything fly in their universe, I'll keep the faith in them and look forward to more details about this and how it changes the MCU going forward.

I think you are overrating Marvel's influence 100x over. Ya, I think Sony wants guidance.. They need help. They know that, Marvel knows that... So Sony is allowing Marvel to use Spidey in their movies, reportedly FOR FREE, so they can get Kevin to make Spidey into something great FOR SONY to make billions of dollars. I believe it's going to be a Sony film through and through with some Marvel influences. I know we are 2.5 years out, but I will guarantee you right now it's worse than the Garfield movies.

The last two Gothams were SO good. It's done such a fantastic job at treading a darker line on basic cable. Wish they would've called Penguin's club The Iceberg Lounge, but it hasn't quite come to that point just yet. My only problem with the show is Fish. The show has completely outgrown her character, and it's going to be a stretch to make her being relevant again believable. Idk what that current angle with her will lead to, but you could completely cut it out of the show and lose nothing.

I really enjoyed the last episode of The Flash as well. All of the characters are very likable to me. I was pining for a hookup between Barry and Dr. Snow, could still happen but they seem to be pushing them together and apart in the same breath. The special effects for Grodd looked great too. I wish they would show more of what Firestorm and the Rogues have been up to.

The Spidey speculation is exciting. I won't mind if there's another origin story either. I very much disliked Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, so I hope whoever they cast fits that role. Anyone can do the snarky Spidey lines.

Gotham is AMAZING! My only worry is them having to juggle all of these characters they are introducing down the road. The exchange between Penguin and Nygma was AWESOME. Maybe my favorite moment of the entire show so far. I am also growing on Alfred, I thought he sucked at first but he's getting better (IMO). And i've said it before, but keep barbara far, far, away.

I agree that Flash is trending up... but I don't really care about Firestorm. Looks like we will be getting more of him though, as you want.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I messed around and missed the first half of The Flash. :sigh:

Honestly I can't even take you seriously when in the same post you guarantee a Spider-Man movie with Marvel involvement is going to be worse than TASM2 and then in the next breath go on about how that dog shit show Gotham is amazing. Please.

Honestly I can't even take you seriously when in the same post you guarantee a Spider-Man movie with Marvel involvement is going to be worse than TASM2 and then in the next breath go on about how that dog shit show Gotham is amazing. Please.

Creativity and art really isn't your thing. You have cookie cutter expectations, and I am sorry I find that boring.

Creativity and art really isn't your thing. You have cookie cutter expectations, and I am sorry I find that boring.

That's pretty funny coming from a Sons of Anarchy and Sleepy Hollow fan, lol.

Gotham is AMAZING! My only worry is them having to juggle all of these characters they are introducing down the road. The exchange between Penguin and Nygma was AWESOME. Maybe my favorite moment of the entire show so far. I am also growing on Alfred, I thought he sucked at first but he's getting better (IMO). And i've said it before, but keep barbara far, far, away.

I agree that Flash is trending up... but I don't really care about Firestorm. Looks like we will be getting more of him though, as you want.

I really thought they were going the wrong direction with Alfred, but ever since the episode where he kicked everyone's ass he's been getting better and better. Nygma might be my fav char in the show, they're laying a nice foundation for him.

As for Firestorm, it just strikes me as odd that you can go 5+ episodes without developing any of those stories.

Flash is turnin up!!!!

That actor playing Firestorm is putting in an amazing performance for a TV series. Depends on how he is able to change it up when he is back to being Ronnie.

Sony wants an even younger actor to be the new Spiderman. Which is funny, since even though Garfield is now 31, he looks like he's about 17.

Garfield had Peter down to an art. He had the pain and hurt with all the sarcasm and humor... I doubt anyone will capture that as well, but maybe. I almost hope it's an up and comer and not an established actor.

• Upvote 1

Everyone has their opinion, and will. If anyone even resembling Toby or Dunst are cast in the movie, it will be the first super hero movie I go out of my way to avoid.

Ant-Man?

:p

• Upvote 1

I stand corrected.

2nd super hero movie I go out of my way to avoid.

I loved Tobey's version. But I can see what you see you in Garfield. For that verison of Peter Parker that the reboot was going for I think he played a better emotional character than Tobey did. Tobey was more of a straight up nerd.

Tobey was good until they made him emo to the extreme. Garfield was pretty shitty, but he did have good chemistry with Emma Stone. I'm pretty sure it actually spawned a real life relationship between the two. The first two Raimi films were quality, Spider-Man 3 was dogshit and The Amazing Spider-Man movies were a half assed attempt at keeping the rights and making money.

A new young actor who can grow into the role and star in a ton of movies the way RDJ has would be ideal. That is how it appears it will happen too. Everyone is talking about how Downey, Evans, Hemsworth, etc. are going to be too old to keep doing movies, having a young Spider-Man would be huge in the MCU's future. I think this is great for both sides, let's see what director and actor they have lined up. I assume the actor decision must happen soon if he is indeed debuting in Civil War.

• Upvote 1

I liked Garfield. I'm seeing a lot of Miles Morales talk from people. Would piss people off. Kinda don't hate the ultimate comics with him though. He would be younger for sure.

Edit: of course that's compltely speculation and wishful thinking by those people.

Edited by GA_Eagle

I loved Tobey's version. But I can see what you see you in Garfield. For that verison of Peter Parker that the reboot was going for I think he played a better emotional character than Tobey did. Tobey was more of a straight up nerd.

Ya, see I just don't think he embodied the character very well. When I think of Peter Parker, full out nerd isn't what I want to see. Needs to be more depth in the character. If they go that route again, even with a different actor, I will be disappointed. I know a lot people might disagreed, but what I hated about ASM2 was the villains. Well, I kind of enjoyed the villains, but hated the actors. Both Jamie Foxx and Dane Dehaan didn't do much for me. Thought Dane especially was a really lame Harry. He brought something a little different to the character, which I appreciated, but I don't think it worked that well.

EDIT: That's an interesting thought GA... Guess we have our new Spider Man

enhanced-buzz-21959-1381775126-40.jpg

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

I honestly would be kind of excited about it. Lord knows we've seen the Spider-man origin story enough times in the past decade and a half or so, so a new direction for the films would be kind of cool. Peter Parker's death plays a pretty big part in the origin of Morales' Spider-man so I'm not sure if we'd see both or not in this fictional scenario, but Spider-man has been mishandled so far and it might be the best way to get people excited about it that are not huge comics fans already.

I honestly would be kind of excited about it. Lord knows we've seen the Spider-man origin story enough times in the past decade and a half or so, so a new direction for the films would be kind of cool. Peter Parker's death plays a pretty big part in the origin of Morales' Spider-man so I'm not sure if we'd see both or not in this fictional scenario, but Spider-man has been mishandled so far and it might be the best way to get people excited about it that are not huge comics fans already.

Oh ya, honestly... Thinking about everything I think it might be the direction I like most and the easiest solution. I am not confident in them casting or writing a good part for Peter Parker (Logan Lerman who almost beat out Garfield may be good though)... I really don't want to see another Origin story... I also don't want to see a continuation off TASM with just a replaced Garfield.

Give me something new, something fresh... And as you say, something to get excited for.

EDIT: Look like Both Lerman and Dylon OBrien are being talked about for the role, if they do go with Peter. Also looks like the executives want a younger actor because they want to put Spidey in high school for conflict purposes while he goes out and fights crime. Hmm.

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/11/logan-lerman-dylan-obrien-considered-for-new-spider-man-headed-b/

EDIT 2: And now I like Firestorm a lot more. :shifty: Flash is definitely stepping its game up.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Peter Parker IS a nerd though, that's part of the personality. Garfield was too much of a pretty boy pretending to be a nerdy loser and nobody bought it.

Also, Miles Morales ain't happening. The press release specifically talked about Peter Parker.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1