Sign in to follow this  
JetsFan4Life

UEFA Euro 2012

Finally some penalty kicks..

Edited by housemd

I guess we'l have to wait for England or Italy to beat Spain .. :dry:

Portugal faces Spain first, unless you're implying that Italy will beat Germany and meet Spain in the Finals...

I'm really looking forward to the semis and at the same time I'm fearful. All four of these teams are big names so they're exciting matches to look forward to, but Italy will probably slow the game down if they have any chance beating Germany and when Portugal/Spain played in the World Cup just two years ago it was boring so...

Hopefully I'm wrong :)

Portugal faces Spain first, unless you're implying that Italy will beat Germany and meet Spain in the Finals...

I'm really looking forward to the semis and at the same time I'm fearful. All four of these teams are big names so they're exciting matches to look forward to, but Italy will probably slow the game down if they have any chance beating Germany and when Portugal/Spain played in the World Cup just two years ago it was boring so...

Hopefully I'm wrong :)

Oh,I wanted to say "I guess we'll have to wait for Portugal to beat Spain" lol..I read the wrong article where it said that Portugal meets Germany in the semis lol..Germany are favorites IMO but I'm rooting for Italy..

Hate them both cause it was a boring game lol...

Spain were there for the taking really, just poor execution in the final third by Portugal. I really hope Germany takes it to Spain in the final.

I like it this way. Germany has to go through the two most recent World Cup Champions and it starts in the semifinals today against Italy. Gotta take care of business today to get that Spain/Germany final everyone wants to see.

Prediction for todays game: 0-0 decided by penalty kicks.

Prediction for todays game: 0-0 decided by penalty kicks.

Considering you don't follow soccer to my knowledge I'm going to take this as satire.

Unfortunately, you may be right. Italy should know if they take this to an open battle with Germany they don't stand a chance. The Italians have to control, stay disciplined, and frustrate the German offense to win this game. The German defense is good, but IIRC their defense didn't go a single qualifying game without conceding a goal.

The D has held strong to this point, but regardless: It's suspect.

My prediction is Germany 2 - 1 Italy.

Considering you don't follow soccer to my knowledge I'm going to take this as satire.

Unfortunately, you may be right. Italy should know if they take this to an open battle with Germany they don't stand a chance. The Italians have to control, stay disciplined, and frustrate the German offense to win this game. The German defense is good, but IIRC their defense didn't go a single qualifying game without conceding a goal.

The D has held strong to this point, but regardless: It's suspect.

My prediction is Germany 2 - 1 Italy.

I don't know how many games were shutouts but I do know we only allowed seven goals in ten qualifying games so that definitely can't be right.

But it's true. Our defense is still suspect at least in my opinion. It has played well to this point but I think with the style of game Italy is going to play I think we'll be fine. I'm going to say 2-0 in favor of Germany.

My prediction is actually looking good..I usually root for the outsider but I've been rooting for Italy just for fun lol..It'd be funny to see them in the finals..

Can't believe I didn't post here, huh...been pretty busy, though.

I was shocked Germany got eliminated by Italy. Their defense was suspect though (as I stated earlier) and the offense just wasn't firing like it usually does. Credit to Italy and Super Mario though finishing those.

My prediction is also Spain 1-0 but I hope I'm wrong.

The final starts in half an hour!

The final has been pretty good so far.

Obviously I'm not happy with the scoreline thus far but from the general football fan's perspective, it's been a quality match. Spain haven't parked the bus yet and bore the game. Spain are playing a little better and some pretty football, Italy not far behind them they just haven't been able to finish.

Spain was pretty dominating. Best international team of all time Mav?

Hmmm,not really..Yeah,they've won 2 Euro Cups in a row and the World Cup in 2010 but there were teams that were a lot better than this Spain's team,like Brazil when Pele played and Argentina's generation of 1970s(Maradona and friends)..

Spain played their game today and deserved to win the game..

Spain was pretty dominating. Best international team of all time Mav?

housemd, you're writing Spain off pretty quickly after such a dominating performance.

After all, this Spain team is the first team ever to achieve three major tournaments championships. I wasn't around to watch the Brazil team in the 70s, but this Spain team amazed me a lot throughout these four years. The football world was privileged to watch a team dictate play so strongly and at the same time display such beautiful soccer.

To answer your question, BradyFan81? Yes. This Spain team is the best international team of all time. Writers are already saying it, analysts are saying it...and most importantly, I'm saying it. :p

housemd, you're writing Spain off pretty quickly after such a dominating performance.

After all, this Spain team is the first team ever to achieve three major tournaments championships. I wasn't around to watch the Brazil team in the 70s, but this Spain team amazed me a lot throughout these four years. The football world was privileged to watch a team dictate play so strongly and at the same time display such beautiful soccer.

To answer your question, BradyFan81? Yes. This Spain team is the best international team of all time. Writers are already saying it, analysts are saying it...and most importantly, I'm saying it. :p

I'm not writing them off,I say that they are probably the most dominant team right now..If they win one more international trophy,I'll say that they are the best team that has ever played this noble game..My father(great soccer fan) says that Maradona's generation was very dominant in every single game and that even Brazil couldn't match them properly..This team has some young stars that could make this team the greatest(Silva,Fabregas,Mata) but right now Xavi and Iniesta's generation is a close second,IMO..

To be completely honest I hate the fact that Spain has won again. Hate it, hate it, hate it. But I respect it and everything they've done the past 4 years. Wouldn't have been much happier if Italy won though to be honest.

Interesting fact, the only team to beat Spain and Italy in the last four years? The USA.

But yeah complete disappointment from a Germany fans perspective in this tournament. No reason we should've lost to Italy in the semifinals.

Edited by JetsFan4Life