Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

TGP Posters awards?

It's like MVP and Offensive Player of the Year, just because you put up the best numbers doesn't mean you're the most valuable.

Though that assumes that contributor is talking about posts.

I would say you can certainly contribute in ways other than posts, but that's a good enough argument. I'm good with the separate awards.

I say another day or two at most before we get this rolling. :yep:

Please no "underrated" award. I don't see a way we can determine how underrated or overrated someone is.

This seems interesting and I'd like to submit a ballot. Or whatever the decision system will be.

Guest Phailadelphia

The only problem with the underrated award is the criteria. Everyone will view and vote for it differently so how much validity it will hold will be subjective.

Agree on the underrated award. There really is no criteria for it. We all have good moments and bad moments, and a lot of that has to do with homerism, height of emotions, etc. Life affects how we post, too, not just the sports involved. I'm sure most of you, like me, can attest to that. I know, for one, that prior to my last doctor visit I was scared about something (irrationally), and it started to affect everything I did.

The underrated poster is usually someone who is a quality poster who doesn't get enough recognition. I have a couple in mind. Maybe they don't have a very high post count, or don't speak out that often, or don't get repped, but they are a solid contributer. Euflx and duchff7 for example.

Edited by BC

I like the underrated and overrated awards. The whole thing is subjective anyway. Why not let people vote for whom they think is underrated or overrated?

Edited by GA_Eagle

I like the underrated and overrated awards. The whole thing is subjective anyway. Why not let people vote for whom they think is underrated or overrated?

That's my view on it anyways....

In any event, I'm kinda waiting on Stevo to instruct me on how the nomination process would work. :p

In any event, I'm kinda waiting on Stevo to instruct me on how the nomination process would work. :p

I was thinking of throwing up a new thread where every member can nominate up to 3 other members for each award. The process can also be done through PM. Was gonna do that later tonight at some point, if it's cool with you.

I was thinking of throwing up a new thread where every member can nominate up to 3 other members for each award. The process can also be done through PM. Was gonna do that later tonight at some point, if it's cool with you.

Lol, do whatever you gotta do. I'm willing to help in any way I can, but you're the one who's done it before.

Lol, do whatever you gotta do. I'm willing to help in any way I can, but you're the one who's done it before.

You came up with a list of awards that was miles better than what I've done in the past. This time around, the credit is yours, my friend. :D

When it comes time for nominations/voting, I'll let people send PMs to either you or me, so you and I can both be responsible for counting whatever noms/votes aren't done in the actual thread.

• Upvote 1