AllYouNeedIsLovie

Eagles @ Patriots

lolEaglesfail. They are playing their starters into the 3rd quarter while the Patriots aren't even playing most of their starters.

Vick is officially about to be named the glass cannon.. I like my QB, don't get me wrong but this dude can't stay on his feet.

Our starting defense is struggling to stop the Patriots' backups. This does not bode well. :nope:

Nick Foles, Dion Lewis, Cedric Thornton, Bryce Brown, Philip Hunt but most importantly Foles out of that bunch making it all click. Foles managing well, stays calm, collected, throws away when needed, runs when needed, accurate, and just solid effectiveness, regardless of the defense hes playing it is a pre-season game, hes made mistakes, hes a rookie, hes showing promise, impressively. You could argue his right to be starter, its only ps wk 2 but at the same time, vick keeps getting injuried so foles is doing what he can with what hes given, enough said. :biggrin:

However the defense for the eagles.... :(

Edited by tcMAGSnfc9
  • Upvote 1

Our starting defense is struggling to stop the Patriots' backups. This does not bode well. :nope:

They scored because of penalties on 3rd down that kept the Patriots on the field; both drives. The eagles once again beating themselves. :facepalm:

Really like what Foles and Brown have shown so far in Philly. And even though Foles looks pretty good, not sure I would be entirely confident starting him during the regular season.

Vick keeps saying he is going to eliminate taking shots, but still takes them time after time.

Pats OL depth is pretty dogshit. Definitely the biggest concern this year... much more so than the secondary.

• Upvote 2

The Good

Foles is the most accurate QB I've seen in an Eagles uniform I think. Maybe Garcia was a little more accurate, idk. That's not to say he'll be a great player because there's a lot more to being a QB than accuracy but man this guy can make ALL the throws and then some.

Mychal Kendricks is short, but man is he fast and physical. Watched him bull rush and beat Nate Solder lined up at DE and I'm just really impressed with his instincts.

RB depth behind McCoy is great. We have 3 talented and diversely skilled RB's and an interesting wild card at FB with Havili. Brown is really really intriguing. He is just big and fast.

The Bad

Confusion in the secondary. Juan Castillo was kinda shown up. I've criticized Juan and I've supported Juan. I really want the guy to succeed. He's truly a great guy and I think it really would have served him better to make him a LB's coach maybe before you make him your defensive coordinator

First team offense with Vick still has yet to sustain a drive in the pre-season. There's no rhythm or timing when he's out there it seems. I don't think it's all Mike's fault though. Our coaching staff needs to do a better job of getting the ball out of his hands quicker and establishing a rhythm by playcalling as well

Mental Mistakes. It's what killed this team last year. Too many costly penalties. Too many inopportune turnovers. We'll never beat the best teams in the league playing football like that.

• Upvote 1

Phillip Hunt made Gruden hard all night :shifty:

Bryce Brown gives me a hard on. Sean said it already, but... His combination of size and speed is just very rarely seen. He can run through you, around you, and passed you. I'd really like the Packers to be watching the Eagles battle at RB... Somebody has to get cut don't they?

Foles impresses once again. I'd like to see this guy go up against starters.

Michael Kendricks and the DE Hunt both had real good games for the Eagles D.

Let's also keep in mind that Bryce Brown was on the field against the Pats 3rd and 4th stringers. Guys like Aaron Lavarias, Niko Koutivides, Tim Bulman, and Marcus Forston aren't exactly cream of the crop competition lol. Eagles should give him some reps against the 1st and 2nd stringers in their 3rd preseason game to gauge how good he really is.

honestly concerned for the eagles now, investing 100 mill into Vick and then this >_>

Phillip Hunt made Gruden hard all night :shifty:

"man I love hunt, hes' slippery"

(MNF Commentator Jon Gruden) :rofl:

I love our Head Coach Andy Reid and honestly I don't want him to go anywhere. But if for whatever reason we don't make it to the superbowl and Jeff Lurie gets rid of Reid OR if Reid walks away, i would LOVE to have Jon Gruden as our head coach. Honestly lol... I think all the good coaches are baiting for the eagles head coaching job. Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy.. waiting for the right situation. What head coach wouldn't want to step into a good situation like the Eagles with all our talent?

Edited by dutchff7