Omerta

Ngata's Top 5 RB Prospects.

This is for Chris D about RB prospects as a follow up to my QB list.

Knile Davis

Arkansas

6'0 226

KnileDavis.jpg

I have seen him graded as high as 1 and as low as 5, but regardless he is my favorite prospect to come out of this draft class. I think he is the fastest and most complete back. In 8 games he started he ran for 1300+ yards and 13 TD's against SEC defenses. He has great speed, runs between the tackles well, attacks the line of scrimmage while still maintaining patience on his runs. He has decent size but could stand to gain about 10 more pounds just to add the little extra. However even at his size he is a very tough runner and seems to get stronger as the year goes on running for over 100 yards in his last 8 games. I tis even more impressive considering the douche they have as a coach who honors WR's and QB's above rb's more often than not, but this guy has forced his way into a niche. I guess having a 6.5 YPC average will do that to you.

Marcus Lattimore

South Carolina

6'0" 232

Marcus-Lattimore.jpg

Dont be scared off by the next statement. He is this years Alshon Jeffrey. I dont know if South Carolina just does not have a weight room or what the deal is but their prospects come out bigger than others around the middle but they are still effective. Okay with that out of the way this guy is a powerful runner who has good speed and can break tackles while running in the scrum in the middle of the field, he has good vision and balance and is able to slide tackles as well as anybody in this draft. His big frame could lend him favors if he is willing to put in the work in rookie camps and TC and turn some of the loose to lean. If he does that he could be a monster, he has all the tools, talent, and frame to do it. He does a good job of staying patient but I want to see if he runs as aggressive after his knee injury. All that said though he is a very good all around back and could be the bell cow from day one.

Montee Ball

Wisconsin

5'11" 210

montee-ball-2011-badgers-mvp.jpg

This guy is a lunch pail kind of guy that I have had my eye on since he was a freshman who was a backup who got his carries through a running back by committee approach. Then he busts on to the scene last year leading the NCAA with 1900 yards rushing. Ok so how is he not the top RB right ? Well with the line wisconsin had last year I think either of the two above him could have done that. Now I will not say all credit goes to the offensive line as he has great ability to change of direction and still runs with a purpose and determination. He is patient and lets his blocks develop nicely. He has an excellent burst and good speed in the high gears. This year will be a good lithmus test consiering he only has two of those lineman coming back but I think he is going to be fine and will not be surprised fi these top 3 get switched around and I could not argue with a team who wants this guy as a feature back.

Eddie Lacy

Alabama

5'10" 220

eddie-lacy.jpg

Has not even started a game in his career and I think he is the fourth best back in college. He has never taken a full workload during a game due to the dynamism of Trent Richardson. however not to be done but for never having 13 carries in a single game has over 1000 yards rushing. After this year he may vault himself to the top of this list however I can not put him over guys who have done something in the NCAA. However to this guys tool set most RB's even some on this list are drooling over his skill set and potential. To put it simply he is Trent Richardson again. He has tons of power but will surprise the hell out of people with his athletic ability and balance. The most impressive thing about him is how easy it make his runs look so easy. When he did run it looked like the top defenses in the country did not belong on the field with him. He has incredible balances, a wicked spin move, amazing leaping ability and great speed. Alabama may very well end up with having the top RB in the nation for 4 years.

Christine Michael

Texas A&M

5'11"

image.jpg

This guy scares and thrills the hell out of me all at the same time. Every time he touches the ball I know I have the chance of seeing one of the most amazing runs I have seen in college or seeing him get injured again. Without injury this guy is bar none the best running back in the NCAA. The reason I dont have him in a football picture is because his last two seasons he has done more partying then playing because of two season ending injuries (broken leg & ACL tear ). When on the field he has the power to run over you and the 4.3 to low 4.4 speed to just outrun you. He is one hell of an athlete and is actually a complete back on the field as far as blocking, catching, running to the edge, running in between the tackles. Pretty much everything you want a feature back to do but he just cant do it for a full season. If he puts it all together though look out, he is going to be a top 5 pick.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

No Silas Redd in top 5? Your list is BS :troll:

Now seriously,those are probably 5 guys I would list but I'd think a lot about Michael because of injuries..

No Silas Redd in top 5? Your list is BS :troll:

Now seriously,those are probably 5 guys I would list but I'd think a lot about Michael because of injuries..

Believe me I did. I just cant ignore the natural ability there. I am hoping he just got really unlucky in college. If it is indeed an abberation than he deserves this list. If he cant he is just another waste of talent

Believe me I did. I just cant ignore the natural ability there. I am hoping he just got really unlucky in college. If it is indeed an abberation than he deserves this list. If he cant he is just another waste of talent

Yeah,dude's got it all..I watched him play once and I was surprised by his explosiveness and speed..If he gets injured one more time,I guess he can say goodbye to the times he was actually very good..

Another good write up Ngata. I agree a ton with your opinion on Ball. That Wisconsin line was absolutely ridiculous last year. There are a lot of backs out there right now that could have blown up the NCAA with rushing stats if they had that line. I'm not saying Ball isn't a great runner, he definitely is, but he is slightly over-rated.

Any requests on the next position ?

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Any requests on the next position ?

I really want the WRs..That should be an interesting position to do..

I'd love to see who the next best cover corners are since I'm not the biggest CFB fan.

I've been missing all these cause I've been so busy. damn. lol.

Anyways, Marcus is my #1 guy right now with the guy you have at #1 being at number 2. I'm not high on Montee at all, if I was to make a top 10 list, he'd be in the bottom half. At least right now.

I'd love to see who the next best cover corners are since I'm not the biggest CFB fan.

Tyrann Mathieu from McNeese State :troll: