Sign in to follow this  
CribbsForTheWin

Should I?

Try to trade Rashad Jennings now? Or should I let (hope) this MoJo holdout keeps rolling and reap the benefits come regular season. My RBs are Adrian Peterson and Michael Turner... So I dont really like that at all, so even if the holdout rolls along, I would rather some assurance that my player isnt going to randomly lose his starting job.

We also have a Flex spot if that figures into anyones decisions.

if somebody is willing to give decent value for him I'd say go for it, but I doubt that's the case, like you said, there's no telling how long MJD will hold out and there's no telling how Jennings will even do with no passing game to loosen up defenses, I know I wouldn't give you much for him. I'd say your best bet is he goes off against Minnesota week 1 (which could happen) then deal him when his stock is up a little bit

What's "decent value" for Rashad Jennings? Arian Foster? lol. If you have a hole on your team, and you can get even a moderate player to fill that hole. You trade him immediately.

Without seeing your whole team I don't know. My initial reaction is no. But then again it also depends on what you can get back. I don't think you'll get much for the guy. There could be an outside shot at something good from somebody who autodrafted and has absolutely zero runningbacks, but more than likely your trade partner will recognize that Jennings is not a reliable candidate at RB and at most will give you a mediocre non-starting prospect such as Randall Cobb or something :shrug:

What's "decent value" for Rashad Jennings? Arian Foster? lol. If you have a hole on your team, and you can get even a moderate player to fill that hole. You trade him immediately.

Jennings has a pretty good upside, but also a significant risk, if MJD doesn't come back then he's the back in Jacksonville, which gives him potential to be a #1 back, but if MJD does come back then Jennings will get pushed to the background and he'll be nothing more than a handcuff for whoever has MJD. Based on that risk/reward you're looking for someone who splits the difference, so I wouldn't let Jennings go for less than a weekly starter, but it would probably be a low end #2 WR or RB or a high end flex player, but since I know where you're going with this, 'acceptable' value would be a borderline flex type, and that's probably the best you'll be able to get at this point so, as I said, I'd probably stick with Jennings at this point, but it's definitely worth testing the waters to see what people are willing to give you. Really, giving accurate advice here is impossible without knowing what you're trading for. If you can get Foster for him, go for it, but good luck getting it past your league's trade approval system.

I'd do it you can get something decent in return for him.