Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

2012 Buccaneers season thread

It's really disappointing that the CB/Safety class for this Free Agency and Draft season are not that great. Maybe if the Eagles draft Dee Millineer that they'd let go of DRC and have him land to us. But you never know.

Hopefully our pass rush becomes dominant with Clayborn, McCoy, Bennett, and Bowers in the line up. Lavonte David and Mason Foster are solid, especially David, I think we took a great draft steal with him. I wish for Ronde to retire not because he's a liability, it's because we need a younger, stronger, safety at that spot. I wish for us to get a new TE maybe Marcellus Bennett but I doubt the Giants are going to let him go. Our offense looks promising with our two Pro Bowlers coming back and protecting Josh Freeman who needs to get his accuracy up.

With the schedule for next year, we can go from 9-7 to a 12-4 if we fight hard enough. I see us losing to the 49ers, Patriots, and the Seahawks. Then 1-3 loses from our division rivals.

Edited by UnDeadPool

It's really disappointing that the CB/Safety class for this Free Agency and Draft season are not that great. Maybe if the Eagles draft Dee Millineer that they'd let go of DRC and have him land to us. But you never know.

Hopefully our pass rush becomes dominant with Clayborn, McCoy, Bennett, and Bowers in the line up. Lavonte David and Mason Foster are solid, especially David, I think we took a great draft steal with him. I wish for Ronde to retire not because he's a liability, it's because we need a younger, stronger, safety at that spot. I wish for us to get a new TE maybe Marcellus Bennett but I doubt the Giants are going to let him go. Our offense looks promising with our two Pro Bowlers coming back and protecting Josh Freeman who needs to get his accuracy up.

With the schedule for next year, we can go from 9-7 to a 12-4 if we fight hard enough. I see us losing to the 49ers, Patriots, and the Seahawks. Then 1-3 loses from our division rivals.

DRC is pretty inconsistent. He looked great against us, but I'm not sure how great he would be for us. He'd definitely be an upgrade over what we have though. I'd rather see us pick up a guy like Brent Grimes, Tracy Porter or Derek Cox and then draft another CB.

Agreed on getting a TE. I heard a rumor that we are expected to take a TE in one of the first few rounds, but I don't know how true that is.

DRC is pretty inconsistent. He looked great against us, but I'm not sure how great he would be for us. He'd definitely be an upgrade over what we have though. I'd rather see us pick up a guy like Brent Grimes, Tracy Porter or Derek Cox and then draft another CB.

Agreed on getting a TE. I heard a rumor that we are expected to take a TE in one of the first few rounds, but I don't know how true that is.

Yeah I don't know if Atlanta is going to release Grimes, maybe because DeCoud has done so well for them this year. I'm not too familiar with Porter and Cox.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I don't know if Atlanta is going to release Grimes, maybe because DeCoud has done so well for them this year. I'm not too familiar with Porter and Cox.

You deserve a +1 for being a Bucs fan and a Deadpool fan. :yep:

Also, as expected, McNulty joined our coaching staff..as QB coach.

Looks like Melvin is fired afterall. Kinda happy to keep him aboard, you don't ranked #1 in the league in rushing and have a bad DL. Hopefully next year with a 100% healthy Bowers and Clayborn our pass rush will be better.

This FA actually has a couple of good Free Safeties. Dashon Goldson, Jairus Byrd, Louis Delmas are all solid players that could replace Ronde greatly. Heck maybe Barber comes back for 1 more year.

You deserve a +1 for being a Bucs fan and a Deadpool fan. :yep:

Also, as expected, McNulty joined our coaching staff..as QB coach.

I heard that he's never been a QB coach before.

I heard that he's never been a QB coach before.

He was last year in Arizona and was a QB at Rutgers. I was happy to hear Sullivan also sat in on the interview and liked him.

Alright, here it goes, my first mock draft. (rounds 1-4)

Now this is extremely early (bored atm) and a little different than the usual mock I've seen for us, but I will also be assuming some things about FA when taking who I have us taking...

ROUND 1:

Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

Tyler-Eifert-TE-Notre-Dame-Pic1.jpg

Now he could arguably be BPA and I am assuming here that we'd have already signed a CB (or two) in FA. Outside of Dee Milliner, there isn't a CB that I absolutely love here. I'm not going to predict trades as that's even more impossible to predict than a regular mock itself. Although, I could really see Mark Dominik and Schiano making a movie for Milliner. Back to Eifert...the guy is a beast and plays taller than he is, even though he's pretty damn tall, as he high-points the ball like a maniac. Very polished receiving TE, but could use a little work in the blocking area of his game. He isn't bad as a blocker, but isn't great. The guy can lineup anywhere on the field. Seems like a Buccaneer man too, which doesn't hurt. MWill start right away and could become a top TE already in his first year. Jackson, Williams, Martin, Eifert? Sickening.

Round 2:

Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers

1.jpg

I know, I know...a bit too obvious of a pick, BUT set aside the fact that he went to Rutgers. The guy, other than Milliner, is exactly what Schiano looks for and wants in his CBs. He's physical, in both in defending the run and the pass, he's smart and disciplined. You could pretty much swap out Ryan for Oregon's Poyer or N.C. State's Amerson or trading into the late first to get Rhodes. We have the ammo to do it. But Ryan, which ever CB we sign in FA (no doubt we do sign AT LEAST one but could sign two depending on if we keep or release Wright) and MAYBE Wright (again, if not released) and of course the promising Leonard Johnson...

Round 3:

Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

7599893092633694_ymmx2g1X_c.jpg

Physical freak and shows so much potential, but very raw. He could go earlier than this, but so far, this early in the process, he's in the 2-4 round range. Can never have too many pass rushers and I think we've proved that to be true the last couple years as injuries and poor to decent (at best) depth has hindered us a bit. I think we'll add a good 3-tech DT to give McCoy some help via FA. I like Roy Miller and Gibson as our NTs.

Round 4a:

sports_dj_swearinger.jpg

D.J. Swearinger, FS, USC (South Carolina)

Round 4b:

Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M

Swope2.jpg

Edited by BucD

Not sure we should spend our 1st rounder on a TE. If we add a CB or two through FA, I'd still rather us look at a pass rusher in the 1st round. Other than that though, the draft looks solid.

I'd hunt for Martellus Bennett from the NYG first, then draft the best CB possible with our 1st round pick. Trade our 4th and 2nd to get back in the first round like last year's draft to get maybe a CB/LB/DE.

Edited by UnDeadPool

My Mock

Round 1

Lance Johnson OT - Oklahoma

*No picture, only of some body builders* :shifty:

Great footwork, former QB. Could start out at RT and take over at LT in a few years.

Round 2 -

Desmond Trufant CB - Washington

NA-BS847_TRUFAN_DV_20121005182522.jpg

Torn up the Senior Bowl. He could be an instant starter as a #1 or #2 CB

Round 3 -

Cornellius Carradine DE - Florida State

cornellius-carradine-florida-state-seminoles-219x300.jpg

Dominik is not afraid to take a guy with injury history. Carradine could be a steal at this point if he fully recovers and could help the Bucs woefull pass rush D.

Round 4 -

Dion Sims TE - Michigan St

8098351.jpeg

Huge TE and could be a great option in the redzone. Plus we need a TE badly.

Round 4b -

Ryan Swope WR - Texas A&M

swope.jpg

Benn is toast, Underwood is not good enough to be a slot WR. Swope fills a big need and completes the WR core

Round 5 -

Landry Jones QB - Oklahoma

200px-OklahomaSooners-TulsaGoldenHurricane-2009-LandryJones-Throw.jpg

Had an awful week at the senior bowl. Jones can make all the throws, but is easily rattled. If the Bucs staff can manage to make him not so gun shy, he could be a gem.

Round 6 -

Rex Burkhead RB - Nebraska

ncf_u_rburkhead_jh_400.jpg

High character guy. Could pan out as a good change of pace back to Doug Martin.

Round 7 -

Micah Hyde CB/FS - Iowa

022211-NFL-Micah-Hyde-Inside-JW_20110222125009326_0_0.JPG

Hyde is a solid pick at this point, may never be a starter but he can give us depth at both FS and CB.

Other than Sims, I like it...

There are a couple other TEs that I'd much rather have around that part in the Draft.

Looks like a solid draft to me, Buc.

I won't be doing any mocks though until FA is over. I am really interested to see who we go after this off-season. Once that is over, it will definitely give us a better idea of where we are going in the draft.

WARREN SAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Same Bucman from RC?