Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Bioware is officially dead

meh I wont lose any sleep at all over bioware.

Because the weight of evidence is completely and entirely against him. The amount of companies that EA has taken over and the quality of the games that they produce going down says that what he is claiming is a lie.

Maybe he likes some people in EA. Maybe he wants to try to get back into the industry some day. Maybe he actually believes the crap that's coming out of his mouth.

Doesn't change the fact that he is 100% wrong.

From another article:

"I really don't see myself making a brand-new game developer," Zeschuk said. "I also don't really see myself working for anyone else, at least in the traditional sense. But I can imagine myself, for example, being on a board, consulting ...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/10/zeschuk-ea-gives-you-enough-rope-to-hang-yourself-in-a-good/

He wants to get into the corporate game :yep:

And in that kinda world you don't bash your former employer publicly. Just bad form. So it kinda makes sense that he's come out and said this.

From the full interview:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-04-09-the-doctor-is-out-greg-zeschuk-on-bioware-ea-and-the-uncertain-console-future

Q: You've talked a lot about passion and how you lost passion for the games business. Does this mean your decision is a permanent one, that you're never going to make a game again, that you won't found a new studio? Or will you get involved somehow?

Greg Zeschuk: I have asked myself that very question, and I really don't see myself making a brand-new game developer. I also don't really see myself working for anyone else, at least in the traditional sense. But I can imagine myself, for example, being on a board, consulting. If a friend asked me to play a game, I would. I think advising and consulting is probably the limit for me. In building a business and making a game company, it is a kind of been there, done that feeling. When you've checked off all the boxes, why do it again? I don't really imagine a full-time gig in the business appealing to me - I just don't see it.

I think part of it, too, is that I'm not spending as much time playing games as I used to. I used to play them all time, I used to have my finger on the pulse, and absolutely I'm less on the pulse than I was. I still play some big releases, and I'm going to grab BioShock Infinite, but I don't play the way I used to play. But I think I can help folks with company stuff and culture stuff and making great studios.

I really don't think he cares enough about the industry anymore to care about what people think of him. Who knows though, Only time will tell.

You confirmed what Ranga was talking about. He wants to get more into the business side of it instead of the creation side. That gives him EVERY motive to not diss EA.

:shrug: