Sign in to follow this  
RANGA

Plax Believes He Can "Get Off The Couch" And Help Jets

Former New York Jets, New York Giants, and Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Plaxico Burress has never been shy about his confidence. After winning a Super Bowl with the Giants in 2007, Burress appeared ready to make a solid run throughout his prime as one of the leagues premier pass catchers. That is until he accidentally shot himself in a New York City Club in 2008 and got thrown in the clink for 18 months. Burress, now 35, believes he could “get off the couch” and help the Jets:

“My opportunity is going to come and when it comes, it’ll say more about the league than it does about me. To be honest, there are a lot of people that don’t want to answer those questions. If I go in, I shine and have a two- or three-touchdown game just coming off the couch, what does that say about you or the people I’m playing against? You put me out there right now and I go out there and dominate, have a couple of touchdowns or a hundred-yard game, then you just got to shake your head and smile and laugh.”

Plaxico Burress has worked out for several teams, most recently the Patriots. but has yet to receive a contract offer. If there was a team that could immediately benefit from taking a flyer on Burress, it would be the Jets. Rex Ryan’s squad is 2-2 right now, but they aren’t looking good, especially with the loss of their best receiver, Santonio Holmes, last weekend.

Burress, who cites his past character issues rather than his ability to play the game as the reason that no team has picked up the phone yet, elaborated on last season:

“Me being detrimental to another grown man is preposterous. Man, I was the happiest person you could find. I was back playing football and doing what I love to do. There would be times I was frustrated because I know I could do some things my legs wouldn’t allow me to do because I’d been away for some time. But as far as me having an impact on another man and how he performs, if you believe that, there’s something wrong with you.”

Personally, I don’t see a clear cut reason why the Jets shouldn’t look into acquiring Plaxico Burress. They need a major shakeup for a stagnant offense and team that appears headed nowhere. Could we be on the verge of a Tebow to Burress connection? Perhaps a McElroy to Burress connection? Perhaps a Rex Ryan to the hot seat connection?

Who the hell knows, but with owner Woody Johnson’s attention on who wins the Presidency and Ryan unable to admit Mark Sanchez should be selling hot dogs rather than playing quarterback, any type of restructuring would help Gang Green at this point. That could very well arrive in the form of Plaxico Burress.

TEBOW TO BURRESS!!!! Make it happen coach. :yup: That offense can't get much worse. No matter what you think of either guy, the odds are this team gets better if Rex puts down the donuts, picks up the phone to call Burress, and summons Timmy into his office to tell him he's "the guy."

Rex Ryan is in such a desperate position right now that calling Plaxico Burress to play wouldn't be such a bad idea..He's got nothing to lose(he's lost a lot already,though) and like Bowe said,he should try starting Tebow..Make it happen,Rex..You're screwed anyway..

No where in the article does Plax specifically mention coming back to help the Jets. I honestly believe Plax hates the Jets locker room and was divided from them and wouldn't come back. There is no reason we shouldn't have brought him back in the first place (other than money). He did fine last year if he wants to come play for us bring the man back.

does it say anything about his conditioning that he's talking about "coming off the couch"? troll.jpg.png

anyway, they're using their #1 corner (Cromartie) at WR at this point, they can use whatever help they can get

Edited by oochymp