Sign in to follow this  
Franchise 5

Trent Richardson: Injury worse than people think

Trent Richardson told reporters following Sunday's loss that his rib cartilage injury is worse than people think.

"The injury I have is much bigger than what folks think it is, and I don’t want to do anything to hurt the team," said Richardson, who conceded coach Pat Shurmur did the "smart" thing by benching him at halftime against the Colts. "I’m not myself out there right now. You look at me, I guess I’m not running hard like I’m used to, so I’m not out there right now. So it is worse than what people think it is." Shurmur insisted Richardson emerged from Sunday's loss "no worse for wear." Expect another week of limited practices and a questionable listing on the Week 8 injury report.

Shurmur gonna get canned :yep:

Next Browns HC is.....?

Trent Richardson might be a beastly back... But is he ever going to be healthy? Let's not forget that the Browns got goaded into trading up one spot for this guy. *sigh*

I think he has naturally exceptional enough physical tools that will keep him durable beyond the remainder of his physically adjusting to the NFL

Updating a previous item, Browns coach Pat Shurmur stated Monday that Trent Richardson's rib-cartilage injury will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis, and Shurmur isn't ruling out giving Richardson a week off.

"You just watch him practice and see where he's at physically," said Shurmur. "If he's ready to play, he'll play. If we see this is bothering him to the point where he can't perform, then we'll make those decisions as we go." Shurmur praised Richardson as a "warrior" who was begging to reenter Sunday's loss to the Colts after being benched at halftime, but Shurmur never let him back in. Expect another questionable listing on the Week 8 injury report.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Update:

Trent Richardson (ribs) insists he'll play Sunday, and that he has no plans of taking things easy until the Browns' Week 10 bye.

"I'm not gonna sit down. It's just never been in me to sit down," Richardson said. "I’m gonna go out there and see what I can do. If I can’t finish the game, (Montario Hardesty is) gonna be there." Richardson is on track to play against the Chargers after participating in Wednesday's walkthrough, but at risk of being benched if he's again running tentatively, he'll be a dicey RB2.

Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter

And he ran for 122 yards and a TD. So much for these reports.