Sign in to follow this  
badgers

Charles Woodson breaks collarbone, out 6 weeks

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports Packers FS Charles Woodson will miss six weeks with a fractured collarbone.

Although Woodson's on-field performance has declined in his age-36 season, the Packers figure to keep him on their weekly inactives list rather than place the future Hall of Famer on year-ending injured reserve. Despite the fall-off in play from recent years, Woodson has graded out positively as a pass defender and particularly as a run defender according to Pro Football Focus. Transitioning to free safety from cornerback, Woodson has 38 tackles, 1.5 sacks, a forced fumble, and an interception through seven starts. In a best case scenario from the six-week timetable, Woodson would return in Week 14.

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter Oct 22 - 2:51 PM

Da fuck?! He never left with an injury or anything.

K here comes Jerron McMillan starting, now. Our rookies are getting such significant playing time though I like it. I think Tramon Williams is the oldest starter on our defense this year (6 year veteran). Or maybe it's AJ Hawk? I forget what year he was.

Zack_of_Steel+ : (22 October 2012 - 02:07 PM) Edit icon Maybe he was playing basketball with Suggs last night.

lol Zack.

And Ryan Pickett is probably the oldest guy left.

Charles has had an up and down year at S so far. Not terrible by any means, but it has kind of neutralized his playmaking ability.. Maybe age is finally catching up with him? I dunno.. But Jerron has played well. I expect a lot of QBs to test us deep in the next couple of weeks.

And Ryan Pickett is probably the oldest guy left.

Oh true. I forgot about that for some reason I was thinking he got hurt too. Maybe it's foresight. :ninja:

I hope not... not sure who we would play at NT...

Damn, Charles Woodson has always been one of my favorite players, sucks to see him injured.

Charles Woodson - DB - Packers

Oct 23 - 8:37 PM

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Tom Silverstein believes "this is probably (Packers FS Charles) Woodson's last year with the team."

Silverstein rightfully reasons that Woodson's scheduled 2013 salary of $9 million will be too odious for the Packers to pay a 36-year-old corner coming off a broken collarbone. Woodson's play has slipped, but not to the point that he shouldn't be counted on to contribute in 2013. If he's cut loose by Green Bay, he'll draw interest on the open market.

Source: Sporting News

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?rw=1

It doesn't seem likely he'll be back. Hopefully we win the SB and he retires. That'd be awesome. Same with Driver. Two guys I would hate to see in other colors.

It would definitely suck to see them playing elsewhere.. but the cap room will be welcomed.