housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

Guest Phailadelphia

Scott Brooks is losing my trust by playing Fisher at all and leaving Reggie and Brewer on the bench as much as he has.

Yeah this is driving me crazy. I don't care if Brewer is on the floor or not because he's really just a Thabo replica. But Jackson has been playing so good lately. I don't understand why he isn't getting extensive minutes at backup PG/SG. Westbrook + KD + Reggie + Ibaka + KMart? DAT OFFENSE.

Really wander how well we'd be playing if Drummond wasn't hurt for so long... Been God knows how long since our front court outbested somebody else's frontcourt 14-3 at halftime. Especially the Bulls.

I like this Drummond guy.

Not worried about this humiliating loss. Spurs almost did the exact same thing to the Heat with the roles reversed a couple months ago. What I am worried about is Manu. Can't stay healthy and looks lost mentally lately.

I like this Drummond guy.

Not worried about this humiliating loss. Spurs almost did the exact same thing to the Heat with the roles reversed a couple months ago. What I am worried about is Manu. Can't stay healthy and looks lost mentally lately.

Andre Drummond is awesome.

And I'm not saying this to start an argument, but I'm really not seeing a threat in the Spurs to the other big contenders. I don't know if it's age or what, but I don't trust that they'll play at a very high level in the playoffs. Now, if they face-off with Utah we might as well count them in for the second round because Utah is not a very good team, but if Houston were to drop, or if LAL were to sneak in, I wonder what could happen. Also, Golden State could drop the 8 seed (not likely to happen, but possible) and I think they'd give San Antonio fits.

Guest Phailadelphia

The only team with a snowball's chance in hell of beating San Antonio is the Thunder.

• Upvote 1

The only team with a snowball's chance in hell of beating San Antonio is the Thunder.

You're strictly talking west right? Because obviously the Heat...

And I do believe the Grizzlies and Nuggets could give them a shot.

Love beating dogshit like the Magic. :megusta:

This season really flew by, can't believe there's only 8 games left for the Celts. At this point I'm just excited for the playoffs to start. I wouldn't mind dropping down to the 8 seed and playing Miami in the 1st round, I think we'd give them a better series than Milwaukee.

Yeah, let's just dismiss how good Memphis, Denver, and LAC are. Who the fuck cares? They're not good enough to beat two washed up Superstars, a point guard who's playing out of his mind, and a bunch of role players? No way in hell.

Well, Denver sure as hell can't if Ty Lawson is out but by that time he might not be.

Yeah, let's just dismiss how good Memphis, Denver, and LAC are. Who the fuck cares? They're not good enough to beat two washed up Superstars, a point guard who's playing out of his mind, and a bunch of role players? No way in hell.

Well, Denver sure as hell can't if Ty Lawson is out but by that time he might not be.

Guest Phailadelphia

The Clippers halfcourt offense is dog shit.

The Nuggets have no superstar and, well, we know how teams fare in the playoffs without a superstar.

Memphis is wildly inconsistent. They would have to play a perfect series AND outcoach Pop. They'll be luckily to do either of those things much less both simultaneously.

i wouldn't be shocked if sa lost to a memphis, lac, or denver. they were the 1 seed and lost to 8 seed memphis a few years ago. the only thing that would shock me these playoffs is if miami doesn't make it to the finals. that would stun the hell out of me cause this conference is crap.

The Clippers halfcourt offense is dog shit.

The Nuggets have no superstar and, well, we know how teams fare in the playoffs without a superstar.

Memphis is wildly inconsistent. They would have to play a perfect series AND outcoach Pop. They'll be luckily to do either of those things much less both simultaneously.

Superstar or not, when healthy Denver has one of the best starting lineups in the league. Lawson-Iggy-Gallinari-Faried is a NASTY 1-4 punch, and their bench is quite good. Denver's just plain good, but without Lawson they might be fucked in the first round, long before they'd get to SA.

Memphis inconsistent? They're 49-24. Houston, Golden State, and Utah are inconsistent. Seeds 1-5 have the West completely up in the air.

The East, on the other hand, has a conclusion I think many of us would be willing to bet our lives on. How shocked would y'all be if Miami loses out of the playoffs at some point?

Duncan sure has looked washed up...You don't even mention Kawhi Leonard or the Spurs' biggest asset in Gregg Popovich

Duncan sure has looked washed up...You don't even mention Kawhi Leonard or the Spurs' biggest asset in Gregg Popovich

The Spurs have clinched 1 seeds for three straight years now (if they finish with the #1 seed) and then gone on to be absolutely underwhelming in the playoffs. It's going to happen this year, too. Popovich is good but we need to stop acting like he's the cat's fucking meow. Other coaches in the western conference (particularly George Karl and Lionel Hollins) are right up there with him. The East has some damn good coaches, too (Vogel, Thibs, Doc, etc).

Greg Popovich is not some dude up on a pedestal above the rest of these coaches.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Guest Phailadelphia

George Karl is vastly overrated.

The East, on the other hand, has a conclusion I think many of us would be willing to bet our lives on. How shocked would y'all be if Miami loses out of the playoffs at some point?

Not shocked at all.

Guest Phailadelphia

Superstar or not, when healthy Denver has one of the best starting lineups in the league. Lawson-Iggy-Gallinari-Faried is a NASTY 1-4 punch, and their bench is quite good. Denver's just plain good, but without Lawson they might be fucked in the first round, long before they'd get to SA.

I really don't care how good you think that starting 1-4 are. Look at history. How many times without a legit superstar beat a team with one? Much less 2-3 like the Spurs have. They don't do it. They just don't. When it comes down to it, in crunch time in the playoffs you MUST have the best player on the floor or damn near close to it, and one that can force his will on an entire squad. Someone like KD, Lebron, Jordan, etc.

When is the last time a team without one got even as far as the WCF? Denver hasn't been there since Melo was with the team.

George Karl is vastly overrated.

And I think Pop is overrated, as well. He's had more to work with than most coaches within the last 20 years and has won three titles. Pretty easy with the rosters he's had.

Bay, what do you think of Asik and Smith starting together?

The Spurs have clinched 1 seeds for three straight years now (if they finish with the #1 seed) and then gone on to be absolutely underwhelming in the playoffs. It's going to happen this year, too. Popovich is good but we need to stop acting like he's the cat's fucking meow. Other coaches in the western conference (particularly George Karl and Lionel Hollins) are right up there with him. The East has some damn good coaches, too (Vogel, Thibs, Doc, etc).

Greg Popovich is not some dude up on a pedestal above the rest of these coaches.

They sweeped the first two rounds last season and went up 2-0 on the Thunder before choking. How is that underwhelming? You just seem to hate the Spurs. People have been predicting the Spurs to fall for the past 4+ seasons and yet Popovich keeps this team as a contender. Popovich is constantly making players perform better. Danny Green was a nobody before coming to San Antonio. Or how good Kawhi Leonard has become and only in his 2nd season. The west has some good coaches but none as good as Popovich.

Yea Melo hitting 50 against the Heat last night was nice and continues the winning streak

Brandon Knight.... He makes it so hard for me to defend him sometimes...

Losing a game where we almost grabbed more offensive rebounds then the Celtics did total rebounds sucks. >_>

In the sparse amount of minutes that Terrence Jones was given early in the season, I was able to see that he could ball.

WHY THE FUCK did it take McHale this long to see that he could ball? Seriously?