housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

Not offended by the Spurs predictions, because I hear them every damn year.

Coach Pop is the best in the league (Doc is second). The way he molds players to his system is incredible. No team has better ball movement than the Spurs and he gets the most out of every single one of his players. No way in hell is he overrated.

Playoffs are going to be tougher this year around. Spurs cake-walked to the WCF last year which will not be the case this year.

So are the Thunder now invincible in the West? All this talk about how every damn team can beat the Spurs but hardly anything on teams that pose a threat to the Thunder. I think Memphis/Denver (with Lawson) are the biggest threats to SA/OKC.

Golden State can be a nightmare for any team in the West because of their potential for lights out shooting.

Clippers dont scare me whatsoever because of their coach and how he gets exposed in series matchups. Tony Parker also destroys Chris Paul when they play each other.

The West is extremely competitive this year. Nobody is coming in here with any groundbreaking news stating that the Spurs' have more competition than OKC. Just like how OKC has more competition than SA.

Edit: I would LOVE LOVE LOVE Greg Monroe or Al Horford on the Spurs. Match made in heaven for Pop.

Edited by The Admiral

Melo scorching right now.

Not offended by the Spurs predictions, because I hear them every damn year.

Coach Pop is the best in the league (Doc is second). The way he molds players to his system is incredible. No team has better ball movement than the Spurs and he gets the most out of every single one of his players. No way in hell is he overrated.

Playoffs are going to be tougher this year around. Spurs cake-walked to the WCF last year which will not be the case this year.

So are the Thunder now invincible in the West? All this talk about how every damn team can beat the Spurs but hardly anything on teams that pose a threat to the Thunder. I think Memphis/Denver (with Lawson) are the biggest threats to SA/OKC.

Golden State can be a nightmare for any team in the West because of their potential for lights out shooting.

Clippers dont scare me whatsoever because of their coach and how he gets exposed in series matchups. Tony Parker also destroys Chris Paul when they play each other.

The West is extremely competitive this year. Nobody is coming in here with any groundbreaking news stating that the Spurs' have more competition than OKC. Just like how OKC has more competition than SA.

Edit: I would LOVE LOVE LOVE Greg Monroe or Al Horford on the Spurs. Match made in heaven for Pop.

Believe me, man, it's not about disrespect. I just personally think that the Spurs' window is closed. I don't see the same unstoppability that I used to see when they could knock the star-studded Lakers out of the playoffs 5-6 years ago. I just don't see it anymore.

OKC is very vulnerable considering how good Denver (if Lawson comes back) and Memphis are. LAC and Golden State could both get hot (LAC is unlikely) and even Houston could be a threat if they have consistent three point shooting and the Asik-Smith combo wreaks defensive and rebounding havoc like they think they could. It's very unlikely that Houston even gets out of the first round, but they could get hot with the right matchups. Utah and LAL are probably no-no's, but I'm also intrigued by the prospect of a LAL/SA matchup.

Believe me, man, it's not about disrespect. I just personally think that the Spurs' window is closed. I don't see the same unstoppability that I used to see when they could knock the star-studded Lakers out of the playoffs 5-6 years ago. I just don't see it anymore.

OKC is very vulnerable considering how good Denver (if Lawson comes back) and Memphis are. LAC and Golden State could both get hot (LAC is unlikely) and even Houston could be a threat if they have consistent three point shooting and the Asik-Smith combo wreaks defensive and rebounding havoc like they think they could. It's very unlikely that Houston even gets out of the first round, but they could get hot with the right matchups. Utah and LAL are probably no-no's, but I'm also intrigued by the prospect of a LAL/SA matchup.

Just because you don't see "unstoppability" doesn't mean the Spurs can't win. No team in the West looks unstoppable.

I have no problem with your views. I have heard them for years now. I even had people saying it to me during their 2007 championship year, if you can believe that.

Tim Duncan and Tony Parker look incredible this year. Best I have ever seen Tony and the best I have seen Tim since his MVP/Championship days. Kawhi is a stud. Great defender and is really taking strides every single game. If Danny Green and Tiago perform in the playoffs I love the spurs chances.

BUT:

Although the Spurs are better than they were last year, two key problems exist. 1) They are not as healthy. Whether that will be a blessing in disguise as playoff time comes around (allows for other players to step up and rest for the injured during the season) will remain to be seen. 2) The rest of the WC has taken big strides.

With the competitiveness of the WC at its highest peak in years, it is nearly impossible to predict what will happen this year. Especially with the Lakers at such a low seed. Really just looking forward to it, because every team presents intriguing match-ups for each other.

I have no problem with your views. I have heard them for years now. I even had people saying it to me during their 2007 championship year, if you can believe that.

Tim Duncan and Tony Parker look incredible this year. Best I have ever seen Tony and the best I have seen Tim since his MVP/Championship days. Kawhi is a stud. Great defender and is really taking strides every single game. If Danny Green and Tiago perform in the playoffs I love the spurs chances.

BUT:

Although the Spurs are better than they were last year, two key problems exist. 1) They are not as healthy. Whether that will be a blessing in disguise as playoff time comes around (allows for other players to step up and rest for the injured during the season) will remain to be seen. 2) The rest of the WC has taken big strides.

With the competitiveness of the WC at its highest peak in years, it is nearly impossible to predict what will happen this year. Especially with the Lakers at such a low seed. Really just looking forward to it, because every team presents intriguing match-ups for each other.

I actually prefer Gary Neal to Green, but is there any chance he is healthy or is he already ruled out of the playoffs?

I know how good Leonard is because Parsons has followed a similar path. I'm not sure which player is better but Parsons looks better because he's needed to score.

Duncan does look good, but is he going to revitalize in the playoffs like Garnett seems to or is age going to catch up? I'm extremely curious about that.

Tony Parker is on top of his game. That's for sure, but will they get Manu back?

I actually prefer Gary Neal to Green, but is there any chance he is healthy or is he already ruled out of the playoffs?

I know how good Leonard is because Parsons has followed a similar path. I'm not sure which player is better but Parsons looks better because he's needed to score.

Duncan does look good, but is he going to revitalize in the playoffs like Garnett seems to or is age going to catch up? I'm extremely curious about that.

Tony Parker is on top of his game. That's for sure, but will they get Manu back?

Gary Neal is one of the most frustrating Spurs players I have ever encountered. His defense is nonexistent. He has ice in his veins but he jacks up shots at a rate that does not fit the Spurs system. He is a good role player and when he accepts that in games he is fantastic. He played great last game after taking some time off with his calf issue so he should be fine come playoff time.

I love Danny Green, he went cold in the WCF but has bounced back this year.

Kawhi and Parsons are awesome young players. The future will depict who is better but I am not sure it will be by that wide of a margin.

Duncan looks in incredible shape this year, so I am not sure of him flattening out in the playoffs. Sure, he may have games where fatigue/his knees kick in but nothing too detrimental to the team. If the Spurs get the 2 seed and matchup vs Houston - him and Omer Asik will be a HELL of a battle.

Manu is the one I am worried about. It's to the point where I debate to myself whether he should retire after this year. His body takes so much abuse that it can't be healthy for him. We really need him back for the playoffs though, even if he is off his game he is key for our late game scenarios.

Guest Phailadelphia

Spurs v Thunder tonight. Last time they played OKC was playing 4th game in 5 nights while Spurs had 3 nights off. This time, Spurs are playing their 4th in 5 nights while the Thunder have had four days off. I'll be surprised if Pop plays Parker and Duncan more than 30 minutes.

Wow, what a game!

Big win by the Thunder. Great effort by my Spurs. Proud fan tonight.

Tony looked awful - playing on one leg. Looks like his neck and back are bugging him as well. Time to sit him for a week and get rested up.

:allhail: Kawhi Leonard

Thunder fans: I was honestly upset that Perkins was flirting with foul trouble. I am way more cautious of Collison. I think he is way more effective for you guys. Thoughts?

I love OKC/Spurs games. They have great duels and I really hope they both make it to the WCF again.

Looks like Denver is done with the injury to Gallinari (sp). What a shame. Non-contact injuries are the worst and I hope Ty Lawson will be healthy come playoff time so they at least have a hope of competing.

• Upvote 1

I know I've commented on Jose's terrible defense in the past.... But the way we've had arguably the worst defense ove the past 15+ games is just terrible. Ima be so pissed if he comes back next year and he starts.

Gallinari out for the season with a torn ACL. Terrible news for him, seeing as he was having a great season. Big hit to the Nuggets playoff success.

Guest Phailadelphia

Wow, what a game!

Big win by the Thunder. Great effort by my Spurs. Proud fan tonight.

Tony looked awful - playing on one leg. Looks like his neck and back are bugging him as well. Time to sit him for a week and get rested up.

:allhail: Kawhi Leonard

Thunder fans: I was honestly upset that Perkins was flirting with foul trouble. I am way more cautious of Collison. I think he is way more effective for you guys. Thoughts?

I love OKC/Spurs games. They have great duels and I really hope they both make it to the WCF again.

Looks like Denver is done with the injury to Gallinari (sp). What a shame. Non-contact injuries are the worst and I hope Ty Lawson will be healthy come playoff time so they at least have a hope of competing.

Kawhi is going to be an All-Star sooner rather than later. That dude can play.

• Upvote 1

Dear Houston Rockets,

There's this thing called beating teams that you should beat, and Denver without Lawson and Gallinari is one of them. You red jersey'd pricks can fuck the right off if you can't hardly come within 20 of that depleted team.

Sincerely,

Your entire fanbase

Nuggets are probably still better than the Rockets without those two guys.

Metta World Peace is playing tonight. Got hurt two weeks ago and was supposed to be out for six weeks...

No PEDs or anything though.

No PEDs or anything though.

Well according to his new song there is blood in his gatorade.

Lakers win tonight (thanks to 23 in the 4th by Kobe) and the Jazz lose putting the Lakers back in 8th...for now.

Tomorrow night the Lakers are in Portland. I just don't know what to expect. Lakers have struggled in the Rose Garden in recent years and haven't won both games in back-to-back nights ALL SEASON (which apparently has never happened in Lakers history).

After that it's Golden State (Friday), San Antonio (Sunday), and Houston (Wednesday) all at home. I have a feeling even if those teams had spots locked up they wouldn't go easy on the opportunity of trying to knock the Lakers out of the playoffs.

I'm just hoping Minnesota can steal one from Utah and then hopefully Memphis has something to play for when they play Utah on Wednesday.

Not super powerful or anything, but this is stuff I do in NBA Street.

Absolutely the wrong call at the end of the Houston/Phoenix game, but only because anybody could see that shot wasn't going to go in. By NBA rules, yeah, it's the right call, but by God do I hate the basket interference rule. Not because it's not a good idea, but because they rarely get it right. The only reason they got it right here is because they reviewed it. They should be able to review any instance of goaltending and basket interference.

If Monroe can get an extension to stay, and keep improving, and Drummond keeps improving, a small glimpse of the future (Hopefully with better FT #s from Drummond)...

Picture1-6_zps7af50bdf.png

Now all we need is Shabazz to complete the squad. :yep:

Guest Phailadelphia

I hope the seeding stays exactly how it is right now. Lakers in the 1st round? Yes please.

Booo. I really want Thunder-Rockets.