Sign in to follow this  
Franchise 5

The Bucs and their big numbers

The Bucs have been posting up all kinds of impressive numbers this season. Whether it’s running back Doug Martin, quarterback Josh Freeman or the bunches of interceptions grabbed by the defense, the Bucs have put themselves in some select statistical company.

Let’s take a look at a few of the Bucs’ most interesting numbers are through nine games.

QB Josh Freeman: In the past five games, Freeman is the highest-rated third-down passer in the NFL with a 121.2 rating. He’s completed 67.4 percent of his attempts and has no interceptions on third downs during that stretch.

RB Doug Martin: Even after a quiet week, Martin is tied with the Titans’ Chris Johnson for third in rushing with 862 yards. Also, his four runs of 40 yards or longer leads the NFL.

WR Vincent Jackson: His per-catch average of 21.4 yards is tops in the NFL for receivers with more than 20 receptions. Jackson’s four catches of 40 yards or longer is tied for third.

LB Lavonte David: If it seems like David is making every tackle, it’s because he nearly is. David is tied for fourth in the NFL with 81 tackles, second among rookies (Carolina’s Luke Kuechly is first).

The defense: The Bucs struggles in pass defense have overshadowed their ability to get takeaways. Tampa Bay is third in the league with 15 interceptions, trailing only the Bears and Giants. Ronde Barber leads the team with three picks.

Against the run: The Bucs are tops in the NFL, allowing 80.1 rushing yards per game and 3.5 yards per carry.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/bucs-and-their-big-numbers

Kuechly and David are two awesome linebackers.

• Upvote 1

Yep, both are already playing at a pro bowl level already as rookies. And yea, I think they are that good. At least David is, I haven't seen all of the Panthers games.

I've seen a lot of people compared to Derrick Brooks on draft day, most recently Geno Hayes, but David is the closest I've seen. He has the speed, recognition and instincts to be our best LB since Brooks (not saying much, but still).

I love seeing the Bucs get some flashy stats for a change, but it won't mean much if we're watching the playoffs from home again.

All I have to say is how impressed I am with the way the Bucs have been playing lately. I hope they make the playoffs.