Vin

Browns @ Cowboys

Cowboys got quite a few fortunate calls in the 4th quarter to tie the game and send it to overtime. It may be the Cowboys hater in me, but I didn't think there was anything illegal about the hit on Ogletree. And the pass interference call on Haden, while legitimate, just underscores why pass interference shouldn't be a spot foul beyond 15 yards, IMO.

Cowboys got quite a few fortunate calls in the 4th quarter to tie the game and send it to overtime. It may be the Cowboys hater in me, but I didn't think there was anything illegal about the hit on Ogletree. And the pass interference call on Haden, while legitimate, just underscores why pass interference shouldn't be a spot foul beyond 15 yards, IMO.

There certainly were a few fortunate calls that went our way. The hit on Ogletree is a tough one. He didn't lead with his helmet, but he did smash Ogletree's head. I can't recall the exact wording of the rule, but either way that's a tough call to make in live time. Miles Austin incompletion in one of those last drives we had was questionable as well. I didn't see the replay, but it didn't look 100% clear that Austin didn't have possession of the ball before the Browns player forced a fumble.

However, Browns got a fortunate 15 yards on their last drive which they scored on. Cowboys player tackled Cribbs pulling him down by his hair. Refs threw a flag and we got called for a horsecollar tackle. I've said it once I'll say it again. You wanna have long dreads that cover your name? Go for it, but it's fair game for a player to pull on it then to make a tackle.

Overall, shitty game by the Cowboys. As the case has been many times this season, Cowboys came out flat and looked uninspired. We finally woke up in the second half and even then we weren't playing good enough football to even mention the word "playoffs". Defense allowed Richardson to run rampant. Spencer would be my man of the match as far as defense is concerned. Another game without a Romo pick so that's always a plus. O-Line was shameful.

We got the win so whatever.

There certainly were a few fortunate calls that went our way. The hit on Ogletree is a tough one. He didn't lead with his helmet, but he did smash Ogletree's head. I can't recall the exact wording of the rule, but either way that's a tough call to make in live time. Miles Austin incompletion in one of those last drives we had was questionable as well. I didn't see the replay, but it didn't look 100% clear that Austin didn't have possession of the ball before the Browns player forced a fumble.

I'll give you that. When I saw it in real time, I had no problem with the flag. I only saw a conflict with the advantage of slow motion replay and hindsight.

However, Browns got a fortunate 15 yards on their last drive which they scored on. Cowboys player tackled Cribbs pulling him down by his hair. Refs threw a flag and we got called for a horsecollar tackle. I've said it once I'll say it again. You wanna have long dreads that cover your name? Go for it, but it's fair game for a player to pull on it then to make a tackle.

You know, I watched that replay so many times, and I swear the defender got Cribbs by the jersey at first, then had his hair as they both fell to the ground. Like the call on Ogletree, though, I had no problem with it in real time.

Just typical Browns football. We absolutely dominated the first half only to fall flat on our faces the next.

We couldn't do much better than we did in the first 2 quarters. A drop by Watson and an overthrow to Cooper probably cost us another TD or two.

Second half: Our DB's were playing 10 yards off their guy nearly every play. The Cowboys noticed this fairly quickly and were taking those curl and hitch routes for 6-8 yards every time. Yet, the Browns don't adjust. They just keep playing off. The loss of Haden is very very detrimental to the defense. Skrine had several PI's and illegal contact. Sheldon Brown also had a few.

There were quite a few calls that went Dallas' way as well. I don't feel Wards hit on Ogletree was a foul and in OT on the Cowboys drive I think Miles Austin fumbled a completed pass which we recovered and the play wasn't even reviewed.

What can I say? Just a pitiful second half by us. Even after Watson scored his second TD with about a minute or two left I couldn't even cheer. Why? Because I knew we were still going to lose the game. That's just how the Browns do it. I get sick watching it.

Side notes:

Cowboys offensive line was getting mauled all day. Sheard was dominating Doug Free especially. Though they got better in the second half.

Rob Ryan is a damn good DC and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I still wish we had not fired him.

Second half: Our DB's were playing 10 yards off their guy nearly every play.

Blame that one on the coaching staff.

As I predicted though, the Cowboys come back to win the game with a field goal. The Browns did the same thing to the Giants about a month or so back. Amazing they can go up like that and then be dominated in the second half.