Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

What is your pet peeve ?

I realize that we all have differing opinions about politics as the election so amply demonstrated. Well it was a fast and furious type of deal so nobody really knew why (or at least me I wont speak for everyone) people were so agitated with the other side. So the question I ask is two parts. What is your problem with Obama as opposed to Romney, or what is it about Obama you like ? Second what is your biggest pet peeve with the government as it stands. Also if you have a solution I would like to hear it.

Mine with the pres, his whole,"I shall rise above philosophy." I think he welched on a lot of opportunities to if not silence critics then at least make them become creative in new attacks. That said I think he is a nice enough guy. That approach works when people ask questions that are almost rhetorical. When someone has a legit question do us a favorite and just answer the damn thing if you find it menial. That said I believe he is a nice enough guy and if we could not have Johnson than this guy may be our best option.

With the government in general. Congress. It is to the point where I even wonder if we need them. To me they are doing more harm then good and really serve no purpose other than to block the opposing sides from making headway on any real problems. It is mostly due to the two party system which I also hate almost more than congress. That said these people do minimal work and in turn we have minimal benefits if any. TO be honest I dont give a shit how you do it or who America pisses off in the process but I wish that these "Americans" (and I use that term as loose as possible_ would realize their petty squabbles mean nothing to me. What matters to me is my brother is about to enlist and these politicians dont give a flying fuck if he dies or not. The NFL and most sporting associations give more recognition to the troops than all of these politicians including Obama.

So what are yours ?

My biggest problem with Romney is that he wasn't personable at all. He too often opened his mouth and spewed offensive garbage, and he generally came off as a total asshole. He did this on his summer trip to foreign countries and in some of the stops he made before he officially secured the Republican nomination.

Offtopic: My biggest pet peeve is bandwagon Alabama fans.

My biggest problem with Romney is that he wasn't personable at all. He too often opened his mouth and spewed offensive garbage, and he generally came off as a total asshole. He did this on his summer trip to foreign countries and in some of the stops he made before he officially secured the Republican nomination.

Offtopic: My biggest pet peeve is bandwagon Alabama fans.

Yeah those debates where he just talked over people was insufferable.

Oh the other side, however, I don't like how Obama isn't as forceful with Congress as he should be.

the fact that no real moderates ever make it far in politics and that every issue is portrayed as black and white

• Upvote 2