Vin

Vikings @ Bears

AP - 17 carriers for 108 yards (6.35 YPC) and a fumble

If not for the fumble, I would say this was another pretty stellar game for AP.

I have multiple sources who saw the Forte fumble who say the evidence was inconclusive at best (I heard the play on the radio, so my opinion on whether or not it was a fumble is moot). PA, who usually calls it as it is on replay reviews and is not too biased as a radio personality, would not say either way. If there was conclusive evidence that Forte was down, he'd have said it on air.

Sounds to me like the Vikings got one TD taken away from then, had a TD handed to the Bears on a bullshit PI call on Antoine Winfield (again, I listened to most of the game on the radio. I'm trusting sources (one Vikings fan and one non-Vikings fan).

The Vikings lost this game when Frazier decided to go for it on fourth and two early in the fourth quarter instead of just kicking the FG and making it a two score game. I don't think Minny could have come back from two more scores, but it would have made the game more interesting. Leslie Frazier, who I'm starting to finally like as a coach, needs to realize that he sometimes decides games with bad decisions long before the time runs out. This is one of the perfect example.

One way or the other, we can point the finger at Ponder all we want, but AP's fumble completely changed momentum, and our first half had the nail put in the coffin when Simpson dropped a perfect slant route pass on third down. After that, Chicago got on a roll.

I don't like Ponder's inconsistencies, either, but he was not as much at fault for this loss as over-emotional Vikings fans would lead you to believe. Joe Webb is not the answer (he couldn't throw a golf ball into Lake Michigan). MBT could be a decent QB, but he's not ready, either. Ponder is their only option. I'm tired of the bitching, as a fan from the area.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I still think Ponder is the QB for us in the future (aside from comments I make during fan-rage mode), but I don't get why we give him the ball when he's not doing well. Even if the receivers are just flat out dropping catches, why put the ball in Ponder's hands when the other half of a passing play isn't doing their part? This game was overall extremely frustrating.

Bill Musgrave should be sent packing after this game. He has shown time and time again to be an inept OC.

I still think Ponder is the QB for us in the future (aside from comments I make during fan-rage mode), but I don't get why we give him the ball when he's not doing well. Even if the receivers are just flat out dropping catches, why put the ball in Ponder's hands when the other half of a passing play isn't doing their part? This game was overall extremely frustrating.

The Vikings won't go far if Ponder is their starting QB of the future. I know the Vikings receivers aren't the best, but if they have a chance to upgrade at QB, they should take it once this season ends.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

The Vikings won't go far if Ponder is their starting QB of the future. I know the Vikings receivers aren't the best, but if they have a chance to upgrade at QB, they should take it once this season ends.

I disagree, personally. He's been no worse than Joe Flacco was right off the bat, and he's turned into a very good quarterback. I think Ponder takes the blame for his receivers being shitty, dropping passes, Musgrave's HORRIBLE playcalling, etc. he's only a fraction of the problem. Give this kid real weapons, an OC who will call down field passes (these dink and dunk routes suck), not to mention an OC who will run play action considering Minnesota has by far the best back in the league and Ponder will look much better.

Let's get Harvin back next week and see what Ponder does against a Green Bay team that will be no less than horribly shaken by the ass whupping they took from a struggling Giants team tonight.

I disagree, personally. He's been no worse than Joe Flacco was right off the bat, and he's turned into a very good quarterback. I think Ponder takes the blame for his receivers being shitty, dropping passes, Musgrave's HORRIBLE playcalling, etc. he's only a fraction of the problem. Give this kid real weapons, an OC who will call down field passes (these dink and dunk routes suck), not to mention an OC who will run play action considering Minnesota has by far the best back in the league and Ponder will look much better.

Let's get Harvin back next week and see what Ponder does against a Green Bay team that will be no less than horribly shaken by the ass whupping they took from a struggling Giants team tonight.

But at least Joe Flacco showed a lot of upside as a rookie, and he showed improvements from year one to year two.

Ponder hasn't done that. His stats look better, but I've had the opportunity to see him play 8 times so far this year, and he doesn't look any different. A career backup.

But at least Joe Flacco showed a lot of upside as a rookie, and he showed improvements from year one to year two.

Ponder hasn't done that. His stats look better, but I've had the opportunity to see him play 8 times so far this year, and he doesn't look any different. A career backup.

Again, I disagree. Joe Flacco was incredibly inconsistent until he was given a weapon other than Derrick Mason on the outside. He only threw for 21 TDs in his second year, which Ponder will approach, if not match. Ponder only has 9 INTs so far and may end with 12 (give or take 2, I'm thinking), like Flacco had in his second year.

I've watched him play a good portion of this season's games, too, and while I'm not thrilled with certain performances, I'm absolutely positive that with outside threats, he'd show his real ability. Harvin is a hybrid tailback with route-running abilities. I don't consider him an outside weapon because he's more dangerous around the box with short passes (plus, it's easier to get him his touches that way).

Jarius Wright looks promising. I don't know why he wasn't given more time yesterday. Ponder found him against Detroit. Jerome Simpson, if he gets over the dropsies, is a solid receiver. Can we at least let Ponder's weapons perform before we knock him?

13 and 9 after 11 games isn't great, by any means, but it isn't bad considering Ponder's lack of weaponry.

Let me also state that I think both Joe Flacco and Christian Ponder suffer from what I affectionately call DOCD--Dumbass Offensive Coordinator Disorder. Cam Cameron and Bill Musgrave might as well be one in the same. They're Bruce Arians in Pittsburgh bad.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Again, I disagree. Joe Flacco was incredibly inconsistent until he was given a weapon other than Derrick Mason on the outside. He only threw for 21 TDs in his second year, which Ponder will approach, if not match. Ponder only has 9 INTs so far and may end with 12 (give or take 2, I'm thinking), like Flacco had in his second year.

I've watched him play a good portion of this season's games, too, and while I'm not thrilled with certain performances, I'm absolutely positive that with outside threats, he'd show his real ability. Harvin is a hybrid tailback with route-running abilities. I don't consider him an outside weapon because he's more dangerous around the box with short passes (plus, it's easier to get him his touches that way).

Jarius Wright looks promising. I don't know why he wasn't given more time yesterday. Ponder found him against Detroit. Jerome Simpson, if he gets over the dropsies, is a solid receiver. Can we at least let Ponder's weapons perform before we knock him?

13 and 9 after 11 games isn't great, by any means, but it isn't bad considering Ponder's lack of weaponry.

Let me also state that I think both Joe Flacco and Christian Ponder suffer from what I affectionately call DOCD--Dumbass Offensive Coordinator Disorder. Cam Cameron and Bill Musgrave might as well be one in the same. They're Bruce Arians in Pittsburgh bad.

IDK if Christian Ponder is the guy you want throwing passes down the field. He doesn't have the arm strength to consistently make all throws, and he doesn't consistently even show the fundamental footwork or mechanics to make up for it. Even when he has a clean pocket.

The wide receiver argument is a fair one, they had like 9 drops against the Bears, but in that same light, Ponder has something that just about no other QB has... AP. And his receivers are always being covered by on guy, if any. Their were at least 4 times yesterday where a play was open down the field and Ponder decided to go the safe route and dump it off, twice failing to gain a yard. But its a QB's job to throw a receiver open as much as it is the receiver's job to get open. And Ponder struggles to even do that most of the time.

The guy is just too limited physically, and I doubt he can make up for it with improved mechanics, etc... How many times has that worked in the past for other QBs?

The Joe Flacco comparison doesn't really make any sense. Flacco was considered great draft prospect coming out of college who was only held back by the competition he faced in college. Ponder was a late bloomer who only got drafted in the first because having a franchise QB is a must for every team, and the Vikings wanted a slice of the pie everyone was eating. Even if their numbers looked similar their first two years, they haven't showed the same level of promise.