Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Bungie's Post-Halo Project Concept Art Leaked

Following Bungie's split from Microsoft after Halo: Reach, everyone has been wondering what the studio has planned for an encore. Well, we now have a clearer picture, thanks to IGN getting hold of some leaked images and advertising copy from the still-under-wraps follow up, Destiny. The story is set 700 years in the future, features a giant, spherical spacecraft floating just above the earth’s surface (pictured below), and appears to share a handful of elements with that other game — fans of sweeping vistas and armored warriors won’t be disappointed. Bungie subsequently acknowledged that the leak is real, posting some concept art (above) on its own site with the message, "we weren’t quite ready, but we will be soon, and we can’t wait to finally show you what we’ve really been up to."

destiny-12jpg-8430f4-610x438.jpg

thirdtimesthecharmjpg-843114-610x343.jpg

71-610x290.jpg

Can't hold back the excitement...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/28/destiny-story-details-concept-art-leaked?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I'm not gonna hype myself up for it, even though Bungie has never let me down but at the same time that art..... *jizzes in pants*

Art looks good.

A quote from Bungie co-founder Jason Jones says “Destiny is designed for your inner seven year old. We want to make it feel like a mythic adventure.”

Not sure if like. :think:

I think that's a bad quote and doesn't really express what he means.

How I interpret that... They let their imaginations go wild. So you have this land of amazing grandeur. Very majestic, very in your face but subtle at the same time.

Is this going to be just for consoles, do we know?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/16/bungie-to-show-off-destinys-brave-new-world-in-march

Halo creator Bungie is set to show off the “brave new world” of its new franchise at the Game Developers Conference in March. According to a panel description on GDC’s official site, Bungie writer and design director Joe Staten will present along with art director Christopher Barrett at a panel looking at the studio’s process. According to the description, the panel will provide “a glimpse of the brave new world that has been built, a place where the next ten years of great Bungie adventures will unfold.”

The panel will also discuss the fact that “after ten years of Halo, Bungie found themselves faced with a tremendous challenge: to build a whole new world, filled with even more amazing mysteries, places, creatures, and opportunities for player investment” and will cover the studio’s “world building techniques, from concept to production,” providing “key insights into Bungie's battle-tested design process.”

While no specific date has been assigned for the panel, GDC will take place between March 25-29, so expect Bungie's talk to come somewhere within that time frame.This could mark the first official reveal of Destiny, the new Bungie franchise previously revealed by Activision court documents. Last year, the first concept art and details from Destiny were revealed in a series of leaked advertising documents.

Whether or not we’ll get our first details on Destiny’s plot and gameplay remains to be seen, but even if we don’t see those reveals at GDC we’re expecting to find out much more at E3 2013.

I was always felt that Halo was more hype than substance and therefore was never a fan. That is not to say that the games weren't great, I just didn't think they warranted the following that they had(have).

But this game looks pretty cool judging by the concept art, at least. It has defintiely piqued my curiousity.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/10/new-destiny-class-plot-and-world-details-revealed

Halo creator Bungie has updated the site for its upcoming shooter, Destiny, revealing lots of new information about the game's classes and universe.

First up, the update reveals more about the Guardians that players will be able to control in the game, depending on whether you opt for a Warlock, Titan or Hunter.

The site explains, "Warlocks have long studied the Traveler, mastering some of its arcane energies. Its true purpose still remains a great mystery, but discovering truth has always driven you into the unknown. Now, our enemies are the only thing that stands between you and the lost wonders of our Golden Age."

The Titans, on the other hand, sound far more physically focused: "The first Titans built the Wall, and gave their lives to defend it. Now, you stand in the same high place, steadfast and sure, protecting all who shelter in your shadow. You hail from a long line of heroes, forged from strength and sacrifice. Our enemies may be deadly and merciless, but so are you."

Finally, Hunters sound like they're reformed rogues: "Hunters once prowled the wilderness and wastelands, taking big risks for even bigger rewards. You're no outlaw—at least, not anymore—but making your own luck has always meant bending the rules. Your unique brand of daring and ingenuity is needed now more than ever."

In terms of locations, Abandoned Earth and the Moon are both detailed, though currently blank teaser pages are also present for Mars and Venus. Two enemy factions are also covered: The Fallen and The Cabal. The Fallen are described as a galactic scourge and come in Dreg, Vandal and Captain varieties, while the Cabal are rumoured to be centred on Mars.

Destiny is currently in development for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and all signs point to the Next Xbox too. No release date has been announced, but it definitely won't be appearing this year.

Is this going to be just for consoles, do we know?

From the article

"Releases on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC were said to be planned in the years following, though today's information suggests a more closely timed release could be a possibility."

I was always felt that Halo was more hype than substance and therefore was never a fan. That is not to say that the games weren't great, I just didn't think they warranted the following that they had(have).

But this game looks pretty cool judging by the concept art, at least. It has defintiely piqued my curiousity.

You should read some of the books.

For some reason I get chills every time watching that.

Probably because Giancarlo Esposito is so awesome.

Am I the only one that couldn't stop thinking about this while he was talking:

The-Wolfpack.jpg

• Upvote 1