Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Bob Costas and His Halftime Anti-Gun Rhetoric

Exactly.

And Amen to Jerome Harrison. I'm not even a gun owner either guys, I've never owned a gun, and have shot them only a handful of times. So i'm not completely biased here, I'm no gun lover/enthusiast. I just got by logic, facts, and judge accordingly. Guns don't create crime. They prevent it far more than they indulge it. Can they be used wrongly? Of course, but so can any a pen, a fork, a 2x4. This is just a typical over emotional reaction after a horrible tragedy. It's like giving up your right of privacy because some terrorist attacked your country.

I'm glad to see the liberal fucktards are held to only a few in this thread.

^_^

I'm glad to see the liberal fucktards are held to only a few in this thread.

^_^

It makes you sound stupid and lends no credence to any cause you support to call someone a name because they have a different opinion than you. Especially when it comes to politics.

• Upvote 2

I didn't hear the 'rant' so I cannot comment specifically on what he said. As for whtehr it was the time or place? I don't see anything wrong with mentioning it on TV in front of a national audience. While his entire argument may not have been sstrictly football based, the incident did have an immediate impact on the NFL. I see it much like if someone had gone on TV to berate the home-invasion that lead to the murder of Sean Taylor or if they go on TV tonight and denounce the idea of drinking and driving. Both of those are real-world issues that effected the immediate NFL, so why not bring them up during halftime of a prime-time NFL contest?

It makes you sound stupid and lends no credence to any cause you support to call someone a name because they have a different opinion than you. Especially when it comes to politics.

While I stand opposed to most liberal views (other than social views, which is why I'm a Libertarian), I agree with this. Too many liberals and conservatives resort to name calling when someone doesn't agree with them politically. It's way too emotional for them I guess that they have to resort to it, and it's always a crutch for them in arguments (like for example when someone argues illegal immigration and a liberal might fire back that the other is racist instead of debating with actual legitimate points.) Ditto with some older conservatives with the whole, "entitled youth" fall back name calling.

Yeah, cause my only argument in this whole thread was name-calling. LOL. Get the sand out of your vagina. Surely you've missed several of my other posts with real good info backing my educated argument on the matter? It's very foolish of you to say I'm stupid simply because I used an insult ---> which leads me to this next point:

Have you seen some of the posts around here? Give me a fucking break lol. Relax pal, we're on a laid-back sports forum...I'm all for supporting our local police here at TGP, but there's worse things said that should be drawing your attention instead of this. There's some members that can't make a post without condescending someone, and you wanna sound all high and mighty because of my one bit of name-calling? haha

Yeah, cause my only argument in this whole thread was name-calling. LOL. Get the sand out of your vagina. Surely you've missed several of my other posts with real good info backing my educated argument on the matter? It's very foolish of you to say I'm stupid simply because I used an insult ---> which leads me to this next point:

Have you seen some of the posts around here? Give me a fucking break lol. Relax pal, we're on a laid-back sports forum...I'm all for supporting our local police here at TGP, but there's worse things said that should be drawing your attention instead of this. There's some members that can't make a post without condescending someone, and you wanna sound all high and mighty because of my one bit of name-calling? haha

I said something to you about it, at least partly, because I agree with your position, and it reinforces stereotypes of conservatives. Your other points are cheapened by your insult at the end. Also I save sand in my vagina to sell to carnies so I can't wash it yet. I'm done with the conversation, feel free to have the last word.

Edited by GA_Eagle
  • Upvote 2

He didn't say you were stupid, he said calling someone names makes you *sound* stupid. And he is 100% correct. There is no reason to call someone a "liberal fucktard" just because they disagree with your opinion.

Hmm sorry mav it didn't post for some reason. I just wanted to know GA's opinion about personal guns escalating crime. Is that something that really happens, or just a myth too?

GA with a predictably awesome response. :clap:

Hmm sorry mav it didn't post for some reason. I just wanted to know GA's opinion about personal guns escalating crime. Is that something that really happens, or just a myth too?

Its a tough one, Blots. There is no easy answer. I have a feeling that more guns leads to more violence on some level. Though I do think a majority of that violence is among those that are not "innocent" like (I believe) Thanatos stated. I think over-regulating guns in this country is not a good idea, especially in the current political climate, as its very ingrained in our society, and will affect no real change but cause more taxpayer money spent, more animosity towards government, and will make American politics more divisive. In short, there are bigger fish to fry right now.

However, I'm not sure how accurate the stats are, nor the correlation, but the most regulated region of the North East US has the lowest homicide rate in the past decade, and the opposite holds true for the South East, which I think is the least regulated region. I guess some info that can be used for whatever argument you want, or if someone wants to dig deeper and figure out the stuff I'm not sure about they can use.

I completely agree with the sentiment that those that use guns to do harm are who should be blamed and not the guns themselves... I guess I'm a ball of contradictions. I don't have a strong opinion about this one at all, Blots.

I do like the idea of people being able to arm themselves against a tyrannical government though. But again, I think in practice it would be flubbed or misdirected in some way. I don't a whole lot of faith in my fellow citizen to get it right, if it came down to it.

Its a tough one, Blots. There is no easy answer. I have a feeling that more guns leads to more violence on some level. Though I do think a majority of that violence is among those that are not "innocent" like (I believe) Thanatos stated. I think over-regulating guns in this country is not a good idea, especially in the current political climate, as its very ingrained in our society, and will affect no real change but cause more taxpayer money spent, more animosity towards government, and will make American politics more divisive. In short, there are bigger fish to fry right now.

However, I'm not sure how accurate the stats are, nor the correlation, but the most regulated region of the North East US has the lowest homicide rate in the past decade, and the opposite holds true for the South East, which I think is the least regulated region. I guess some info that can be used for whatever argument you want, or if someone wants to dig deeper and figure out the stuff I'm not sure about they can use.

I completely agree with the sentiment that those that use guns to do harm are who should be blamed and not the guns themselves... I guess I'm a ball of contradictions. I don't have a strong opinion about this one at all, Blots.

I do like the idea of people being able to arm themselves against a tyrannical government though. But again, I think in practice it would be flubbed or misdirected in some way. I don't a whole lot of faith in my fellow citizen to get it right, if it came down to it.

Yep, I've been saying to folks off the net who have discussed this at work/bars, etc. that all people are offering are simple solutions to a very complex problem. This is mostly met with anger because it's the truth.

I said something to you about it, at least partly, because I agree with your position, and it reinforces stereotypes of conservatives. Your other points are cheapened by your insult at the end. Also I save sand in my vagina to sell to carnies so I can't wash it yet. I'm done with the conversation, feel free to have the last word.

I actually enjoyed your last word. So we'll leave it with that. Well, I guess I'm posting this so...nevermind.

Strange, I'm being criticized but I'm actually impressed with myself that I held off for all that time with the ridiculous responses we were seeing. :D

14598_10151329725185867_2124162981_n.jpg

Yes, guns are dangerous. And yes, most violence is absurd. But unless we are talking about some future AI ray gun, tools dont act on their own. Seriously, take some personal responsibility for your actions.