BwareDWare94

New Alice in Chains

People act like they've tried to replace Staley with Duvall. To me, it sounds like Jerry Cantrell does most of the vocals. Or the two harmonize. I'm not sure, but to me this new AiC has never sounded like AiC with a new singer, but AiC without Layne. If there was ever more to a band than it's singer, it's Alice and Chains.

Edited by BwareDWare94

The video was awesome, but unfortunately the lyrics and vocals still annoy me. Have always hated their vocal style.

People act like they've tried to replace Staley with Duvall. To me, it sounds like Jerry Cantrell does most of the vocals. Or the two harmonize. I'm not sure, but to me this new AiC has never sounded like AiC with a new singer, but AiC without Layne. If there was ever more to a band than it's singer, it's Alice and Chains.

Jerry would always harmonize with Layne so I'd imagine he does the same with Duvall.

Anyone get the new album? I bought it Sunday and I'm about 2/3rds of the way through. It's not blowing me away or anything but it's definitely good in my opinion. "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" is actually my favorite track so far, followed by "Stone" and "Hollow."

I like it very much...another quality album by AIC! But I think Black gives way to Blue, is just a bit better IMO...But still worth the buy!

Anyone get the new album? I bought it Sunday and I'm about 2/3rds of the way through. It's not blowing me away or anything but it's definitely good in my opinion. "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" is actually my favorite track so far, followed by "Stone" and "Hollow."

The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here is also my favorite track, closely followed by Low Ceiling and Breath on a Window.

I think Black Gives Way to Blue is their best album because of how emotional it was, and A Looking In View is easily one of the best songs of their career, but The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here is by no means disappointing, so I'm with you there. It's good, but I can't listen to it straight through.

Edited by BwareDWare94