Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Kirk Cousin's future

What do you see in this guy's future? Do the Redskins keep him or do they try and trade him? I'm sure a team would be dumb and desperate enough to give up a 2nd rounder for him. But, can you trust RG3 staying healthy given his style of play?

We'll keep him and let him develop for 3 years, then likely trade him just before the start of his contract year.

The Skins will probably groom him along for a couple of seasons before trading him or he'll leave through FA.

Trading for him to be your starter for the future at this point would be an epic fail at this point.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

He plays well in that system or any system that utilizes that naked boot. I'm not sure how he'd fit in another offense, but damn he ran their offense very effectively last Sunday.

I think they keep him. He's a safety net, and not too bad of a safety net at that. You can't trust a scrambling quarterback to stay healthy, no matter how good of a pocket passer they are. I think that's exactly what the Redskins FO were thinking when they drafted him after already drafting Griffin.

Eventually I am guessing they trade him, but if RG3 is still healthy when Cousins' rookie contract is up, I can't see them trying to retain him.

He's on a rookie contract so there is no negative impact to just hold on to him and keep developing as RG3s backup. If a team makes a sweet enough offer than they should definitely take it.

Shanahan drafted a 2nd QB after his 1st running QB for a reason. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Mike Shanahan has a plan in place, and so far it seems that it's moving along very nicely! I would develop Cousins and then trade him only if the offer for him would be a net benefit for a position that the Redskins have to fill still in like 2 or 3 years from now! He is a very good backup at the moment, but they should develop both guys at once just as a backup plan, pardon the pun! lol