Sign in to follow this  
Vin

James Andrews never cleared/examined RG3

I think he'll be ready for week 1, but he'll miss mini-camp/training camp time, something that's very valuable for a young player like Griffin. The Redskins are a big wild card next season.

With the way the season ended for Bob. I am not even thinking about using Cousins to increase his trade value. I am thinking about history taking a course that leads to him being my franchise QB.

With the way the season ended for Bob. I am not even thinking about using Cousins to increase his trade value. I am thinking about history taking a course that leads to him being my franchise QB.

I would not be completely surprised if that ended up being the case. I would hate to see a player as special as RG3 end his career due to an injury after one or two seasons, though.

Per Rotoworld.com:

A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that there is "much greater concern" about Robert Griffin III's reconstructed right knee than Griffin or "anyone connected to the Redskins" has let on.

Griffin will end up rehabbing both knees because surgeons were forced to use a patellar tendon graft from his left knee in order to fix his right. He tore the ACL, LCL, and partially tore his meniscus in the right knee. Per PFT's source, the "biggest concern" is with Griffin's knee cartilage. Due to two knee constructions and ultimately three surgeries since 2009 at Baylor, there is concern "about how much (cartilage) remains and how long it will last" in Griffin's knee(s). A potential end result could be a bone-on-bone condition, which can lead to microfracture surgery and/or shorten a football player's career. Jan 12 - 2:30 PM

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

I had seen somewhere else that thhey explained exactly what the surgery was, including the graft from the right knee. It seemed much more serious than what I was hearing from the Redskins and everyone else affiliated with them. Hopefully the Redskins don't let him rush back from his injury, especially since the potential for greater injury down the road is so high.

According to the Washington Post, medical experts not involved in Robert Griffin III's January 9 reconstructive knee surgery have "serious doubts" about Griffin's availability for Week 1 in 2013.

This was a throwaway line in the Post's review of the Redskins' 2012 season, but we found it notable nonetheless. It echoes a recent Profootballtalk.com report that there is "much greater concern" with Griffin's knee than anyone involved with the team has let on. Of course, we heard the same early last offseason about Adrian Peterson. Hopefully for the Redskins, RG3's recovery powers are on par with the Vikings' future Hall of Fame back.

Source: Washington Post