Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

2013 NASCAR season discussion

Wow, Gordon will be the 13th driver in the Chase.

"Fuck it, let's add a 13th guy". Wasn't this all about the integrity of the sport?

Gordon making the chase is irrelevant anyways because he is irrelevant.

Why is Logano still racing? If his team had a deal to pass Gilliand to get into the chase, I would tell him to screw off. I don't get what seems to be a huge double standard here. I see no reason to just add a car... If you feel like there was foul play, somebody needs to be ditched. Letting Logano stay in the Chase is a travesty.

What a mess this is.

If they punished JL for it it would set a precedent that NASCAR does not want to set. This type of thing is very common. They let each other lead laps for points and so forth. I really don't see anything wrong with it. Especially if they are teammates. Which they weren't teammates but Ford racing partners. NASCAR is in large part a joke though. You have drivers like JPM who lose their cars but bad drivers like Danica get praised for averaging 30th and two laps down. Until they run her out of NASCAR it will remain a joke to me.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

None of this will matter after Jimmie wins #6. :smug:

If they punished JL for it it would set a precedent that NASCAR does not want to set. This type of thing is very common. They let each other lead laps for points and so forth. I really don't see anything wrong with it. Especially if they are teammates. Which they weren't teammates but Ford racing partners. NASCAR is in large part a joke though. You have drivers like JPM who lose their cars but bad drivers like Danica get praised for averaging 30th and two laps down. Until they run her out of NASCAR it will remain a joke to me.

and adding a 13th driver because "well, he probably deserves a spot" doesn't set a bad precedent? Imagine if in 2008 when the 8-8 Chargers got a playoff spot for winning the AFC West while the 11-5 Patriots missed out on a wild card the NFL just decided to add the Patriots to the playoff field, that's essentially what NASCAR just did, sure the comparison breaks down a bit because the NFL would have been making one of the other playoff teams play an extra game, but for competitive purposes it's the same thing

I will say this: NASCAR is going to be in trouble if Gordon, Logano, or Bowyer make any sort of a push for the title, and I don't think anyone wants to see the shitstorm if any of them win it all

More fallout from Richmond:

NAPA dropping Waltrip after Richmond scandal

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- NAPA Auto Parts said Thursday it will end its multimillion-dollar sponsorship of Michael Waltrip Racing at the end of the year, the latest fallout from the team's attempt to manipulate a race to get Martin Truex Jr. into NASCAR's version of the playoffs.

Napa is Truex's primary sponsor and in the first year of a three-year extension announced last August. The deal ran through the 2015 season and is believed to be worth at least $15 million a year.

''NAPA believes in fair play and does not condone actions such as those that led to the penalties assessed by NASCAR,'' NAPA said in a statement. ''We remain supportive of the millions of NASCAR fans and will evaluate our future position in motorsports.''

The company issued a harsh rebuke of MWR last week after NASCAR sanctioned the organization for its shenanigans in the Sept. 7 race at Richmond. MWR was punished for deliberately manipulating the outcome of the race in an attempt to get Truex into the 12-driver Chase for the Sprint Cup championship field.

Continue Reading: NAPA dropping Waltrip after Richmond scandal - Yahoo Sports

the article goes on to discuss the fallout, losing the sponsor this close to the end of the season leaves MWR in a very tough spot, especially since NAPA actually sponsors the car for all 36 races, meaning MWR doesn't have a sponsor for Truex and the 56 car for a single race next year, pretty crazy

well, we're through 'Dega and into the final four with a battle of hardware stores, tough to think Jimmie doesn't have a big advantage with the lead and Martinsville still to go, but Kenseth did look really good there this spring despite his 14th place finish (he led almost 100 laps)

tied up with three races to go, gaining points on Jimmie at Martinsville is HUGE

None of this will matter after Jimmie wins #6. :smug:

:smug: