Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Matt Barkley won't throw at Combine

Per Rotoworld.com:

USC QB Matt Barkley (shoulder) will not throw at this week's Combine.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Barkley's shoulder still isn't quite right after he separated it in November. However, he's reportedly made "outstanding progress," and has been cleared to throw at USC's Pro Day on March 27. Per Schefter, Barkley's shoulder is 85-90 percent. A fringe first-round prospect with room to fall, Barkley could have helped his stock a great deal by throwing in Indy. As of now, West Virginia's Geno Smith, NC State's Mike Glennon and Arkansas' Tyler Wilson are all throwing. Feb 18 - 8:15 AM

Source: ESPN.com

The shoulder injury that will prevent USC QB Matt Barkley from throwing at this week's NFL Combine is a Grade 3 separation.

The separation is in Barkley's throwing arm, so it's understandable that he doesn't want to test it out until it's back in peak condition. A source told PFT that Barkley remains confident he'll display a "bigger and a stronger arm than anyone can imagine" at his late-March Pro Day. If Barkley performs well on March 27, his stock could hit an upswing heading into all-important April. Feb 18 - 1:04 PM

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Edited by BLUE

Another Matt Leinart bust waiting to happen. His stock will only fall from here. That is unless all the other QB's completely bomb it.

Probably a late 2nd early 3rd now. It's gonna suck if he can't throw at his pro day.

I'm not convinced he can't be a future pro bowler though. Despite his physical shortcomings.

He seems like he's the worst 'best' QB of this draft class. If I had to take a guy, I'd rather have Nassib or Glennon. Although we've got our young developmental QB on the pine already.

Somebody is gonna get a steal, then.

Somebody is gonna get a steal, then.

I think the Cardinals will select Barkley in the 2nd or 3rd round! They will sign a better QB in free agency anyways, so Barkley won't be starting at all next season if we do indeed draft him!

Per Rotoworld.com:

Two NFL personnel men ripped USC QB Matt Barkley (shoulder) to Yahoo! Sports after Barkley announced he wouldn't throw at the Combine.

"Here we go again, another L.A. movie star quarterback who needs his own day to throw," said a veteran scout. Informed Barkley is injured, the scout replied, "I'm telling you, it's always [something] with guys from down there ... not just USC, the whole area. I don't know what it is." Added an NFL team executive, "And you wonder why guys from Southern California (are bad)? Everything is like they have to draw attention to themselves." Feb 20 - 9:25 AM

Source: Yahoo Sports

And if he does throw and sucks because he's not ready, everyone rips him for throwing. No-win situation.

Whether he throws or not, he is going to suck. Send him to Jacksonville and let's move on! :laugh: