Sign in to follow this  
GA_Eagle

Game of Thrones Season 3

I'm playing. Chayle Pyke is the name of my character. I'll try and figure out how to post a link to auto friend me once I remember how to do it.

How do I get my banner on here? Do I have to like put in photoshop or something? >_>

Which house did you guys swear allegiance to? I serve House Targaryen. I am not very far though as I just posted and started the game before I left for work earlier. I have catching up to do.

And how is everyone playing the game?

You out to conquer with brute force or use justice and cunning to get to the top? Is your focus on family or for the realm itself?

How do I get my banner on here? Do I have to like put in photoshop or something? >_>

Which house did you guys swear allegiance to? I serve House Targaryen. I am not very far though as I just posted and started the game before I left for work earlier. I have catching up to do.

And how is everyone playing the game?

You out to conquer with brute force or use justice and cunning to get to the top? Is your focus on family or for the realm itself?

Find it somewhere on the screen, right click, save it and re-upload it somewhere. Also I swore to the greatest house in Westeros: House Lannister.

Last weeks episode was just simply epic and filled with surprises. Rewatching the episode like 4 times (lol), I noticed

there were clues that I missed. As I previously mentioned, I somewhat had a preconceived notion of betrayal on Walder Frey's behalf last week. I didn't trust the situation when he began slandering Robb's wife Talisa. One clue that I did miss was when the servant came to Lord Bolton's table to pour him wine and he rejected saying "No thank you. Wine dulls the senses." Usually that would arise suspicion but I didn't pick up on it the first time around. This caused me to watch the last three episodes to see if there were any other clues.

No real clues but there is one scene that has my brain working... Seeing as though it appears the show / books are stating no one is safe and main characters can get killed off, it has my brain going in cartwheels. This one scene is the main moment that seem like it would have big time implications / impact in the season finale and that's when Cersei told Margery that she was going to get her strangled in her sleep. But for some odd reason, I think Margery won't be on the sharp end of the sword. God forbid I'm wrong because in a wicked demented way, I love me some Cersei. But that would be hell of a twist if Margery got Cersei killed. When I sat and thought about it, Cersei is the only real threat to Margery. She's on good terms with the King whom she's suppose to marry and it's beneficial for Tywin if this marriage happens. Cersei is the only obstacle I see and after being threatened, it would seem it could be the logical course of action from Margery's standpoint. Margery seems sneaky and intelligent enough to actually pull it off. The show already showed that one of the most revered names in Westeros could get killed, I wouldn't put it past them to shake up the audience and have someone die in the most powerful family in Westeros. Will house of Terrell have a hand in it or perhaps what if Margery gets Joffrey to play a hand in it? Pretty crazy scenarios but I don't know what to expect anymore. But I have a funny feeling about Cersei and I reeeeaaally hope I'm wrong.

Also, while it did seem like two different scenes, in the previews for tomorrow, Joffrey proclaimed he was King and they showed Tywin saying "Do you think the crown gives you power?" I really don't know if it would be a clash there because I think Joffrey knows / or has enough sense to know who the real man is. But who knows. If Joffrey doesn't have any sense, he may meet his end as well. Off the wall, but this show has proven to be like that.

Meanwhile, Jon Snow and Ygriette (typo) story will be interesting this week. I remember when she told him that if he betrayed her, she would cut his c*ck off and wear it around her neck. Last episode, the look of hurt, betrayal, and anger on her face was apparent when Jon rode off. I don't know if Jon will get a chance to have a civil conversation with her next time they meet, but I think she will die. Possibly by Jon's hands by accident or some other way, but I had the feeling she was going to die this season ever since they climbed the wall.

GOD I can't wait until tomorrow!! :rock:

Edited by dutchff7

What's the facebook game like if it's alright I might sign up?.

Anyway I am looking forward to the season finale it Will good then it's book catch up time.

it's garbage like all facebook shovelware.

At least it temporarily got you to stop trying to bait me into talking about the failed execution of the last episode. :laugh:

"When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

I will not lose. The House of Lawrence will prevail.

RTKkmdX.png

Yeah, I quit the game already.

I think you lost.

• Upvote 1

Pretty good finale.

Decent mix of plot advancement, reaction to the Red Wedding, and damn, even some laughs, such as:

- Tyrion upon seeing Joffrey all cheerful "Kill a few puppies today?"

- Arya killing a dude, then the Hound looking so hurt that she started murdering without him.

- Sam and Bran:

Sam: I'll help you however I can!

Bran: Wanna take me North of the Wall?

Sam: FUCK no.

- The scene with Jon and Ygritte. "I know you won't hurt me"..."Yuu knuu nuuuthin Jun Snuu" *shoots the shit out of him*

Davos is a badass. Frees Gendry because it's the right thing, then when Stannis sentences him to die he says "Cool, but I'd advise you to not do that". What a beast.

Also, the second to last scene with Stannis, Melisandre and Davos was incredibly shot. Stannis in the middle, Mel the Devil on one shoulder and Davos the Angel on the other.

For anyone who says "OH BUT THERE WAS NO CLIFFHANGER ZOMG", remember that the season ended in the middle of Book 3, and there's not really a suitable event to choose from at that point in the story.

All in all, a great season of television, and I just finalized my order of all five books, to be read waiting for March. And so our watch begins.

Edited by Tridentdawgpound
  • Upvote 1

Stannis the Mannis.

And Tywin is still making the seven kingdoms his bitch, best character. Funniest moment was definitely Ramsay Snow eating the sausage. Followed by Dick in a Box.

• Upvote 1

Definitely a good episode. Look forward to next season. Waiting 10 months for 2 months of entertainment is so incredibly depressing.

• Upvote 1

mhbweYD.jpg

Love that pic. It's weird to see them altogether out of their elements. Just goes to show how well they play their characters. Well not totally out of their usual elements. It appears even off set Jaime is behind Cersei :troll:

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

Stannis the Mannis.

And Tywin is still making the seven kingdoms his bitch, best character. Funniest moment was definitely Ramsay Snow eating the sausage. Followed by Dick in a Box.

Dude you're sick :rofl: Anything involing Ramsay Snow is disturbing. That kid is the equivalent to every school shooter, etc. ever. That's a broken human lol.

Tywin though.... the gawd... I loved all his scenes with Arya at that made me respect him as a character. He's by far the smartest, and most lucid character in the story. Which is why his clan is sitting on the throne at the moment. That whole scene with Joffery in the Season Finale had be pumping my fist and yelling out "YEAH BITCH" at that little cunt that is Joffery. It was wild too because just as you think Tywin's respect for Tyrion's mental grasp of things continues to expand Tyrion goes into jilted child mode and Tywin drops a bombshell on him and walks out but pretty much telling him he loved him in a weird way only Tywin Lannister could say.

Dude you're sick :rofl: Anything involing Ramsay Snow is disturbing. That kid is the equivalent to every school shooter, etc. ever. That's a broken human lol.

Tywin though.... the gawd... I loved all his scenes with Arya at that made me respect him as a character. He's by far the smartest, and most lucid character in the story. Which is why his clan is sitting on the throne at the moment. That whole scene with Joffery in the Season Finale had be pumping my fist and yelling out "YEAH BITCH" at that little cunt that is Joffery. It was wild too because just as you think Tywin's respect for Tyrion's mental grasp of things continues to expand Tyrion goes into jilted child mode and Tywin drops a bombshell on him and walks out but pretty much telling him he loved him in a weird way only Tywin Lannister could say.

Yeah Tywin is one of my favourite characters, and Charles Dance just does an amazing job of playing him. This season in particular you get more of an insight into the way Tywin's mind works. Not mentioned so much in the show, but in the books Tywin absolutely hated his father. He was a drunken idiot who tarnished the Lannister name. Which is why Tywin always talks about doing what is best for "the family", and will do anything and everything in his power to increase the Lannister's hold on the 7 kingdom. (And also why that scene where Joffrey basically calls him a coward had an even greater impact than what it would normally. Tywins father was a coward, but he was and is the complete opposite).

Edited by RANGA

According to The Baby Name Wizard Blog (via io9), there were 146 American girls born last year named Khaleesi after the title held by Emilia Clarke's character Daenerys Targaryen, Dothraki leader and the Mother of Dragons.

Dear god. Those poor girls.

I think it's interesting how with this show they tend to throw the most intense stuff into the next to last episode, allowing a bit of tidying and setup prior to the next season. Other shows I watch don't really do that. The last 5 minutes of the season tend to be the most nerve-racking. Not that it doesn't work. Because it's following a long series of novels it doesn't really have to follow the same set of cinematic rules to the letter.

G0G7stP.png

The Northerners will never forget...

Edited by dutchff7

u0LE0Yg.jpg

Happy Independence Day!

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

Yu no nuthin, jun snu...

• Upvote 1

Yu no nuthin, jun snu...

:rofl:

See I don't get why they named their kids khaleesi, instead of Daenarys... makes no sense.

• Upvote 1