Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

Who have you been "rabbit holing" ?

THIS IS NOT A BREAKOUT PLAYER THREAD !!!!!!!!!!

Ok with that preface. There are some guys on our roster who our coaches and staff have stashed on IR or the practice squad working with. Whether it be recovering from "injury" but all the while getting some coaching and weights in, or guys who are raw that have a partially dislocated fingernail who get put on IR so they can get some refinement. I am not sure if you guys have people stashed on the IR list or the PS and just waiting to get there roster spot.

Some of ours are.

Michael McAdoo- He is 6'7" at about 260. He is going to be our answer to Kriger hopefully. Thanks to that NC scandal he had missed 1 year of football when we signed him. Then he player well in the preseason to at least make the team. We put him on IR just to keep him to get him back in the fold. I am not saying he will be all pro but he could be a great guy that goes from PS/IR to making noise.

Nigel Carr- He was looking damn good at FSU but then got in trouble and he went undrafted. Nobody from us has heard a peep out of him other than that he is working his ass off. He could also make a quantum leap in status.

Tommy Streeter and Deonte Thompson- both are really really fast. Coming out of the draft both of them were touted as being extremely talented and had massive potential but were to raw to be immediate contributors. WE have given them some time. Streeter is 6'5" and runs a 4.35. He played well late at The U, but still needed polish. He got better every year and he has been working his ass off to from reports.

Deonte Thompson is 6 " with a 4.31 40 and he can actually catch. Coming out of Florida him and Chris Rainey were the fast men and constantly raced and from reports Deonte more than held his own. He could be special in the slot.

Who are some of your unheralded players that you think dont necessairly "break out" but have a coming out party letting people know they are young and going to get better.

Jerron McMillan. I enjoyed watching him at SS last year and I think he's going to get better and hopefully the combination of Burnett and McMillan will be able to replace Nick Collins finally.

Jeff Demps.

pimp.gif

Nevermind. :laugh:

News just broke that he's leaving the Pats to return to Track.

In 2011 it was WR Lestar Jean, and last year it was K Randy Bullock. I guess they had "redshirt" years.

Some development guys that the Texans have stashed on the practice squad include..,

NT David Hunter

SS Eddie Pleasant

QB Case Keenum

Of those three, Pleasant is the most likely to crack the 53 man roster next season. He was called up toward the end of last season due to injuries. Good special teams contributor as well.