AllYouNeedIsLovie

Free Agency Rumors and Signings Thread

We're less than 17 hours away from the start of NFL Free Agency so I figured I'd make this thread. If you see any rumors or signings being officially announced, post them here.

I'll start the thread with Adam Schefter's latest tweet:

@AdamSchefterFour teams - SF, PHIL, DET, TB - in play on Dashon Goldson - but DET, TB considered favorites. TB also in on CBs Sean Smith, B. Grimes, DRC.

The Eagles are reportedly one of the teams that has expressed interest in free agent SS LaRon Landry.
Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com is "hearing a lot of buzz" regarding free agent SS Glover Quin and the Lions.
An "industry source" tells the Florida Times Union free agent CB Derek Cox will likely command a deal worth roughly $24 million over four years.

I've heard the Bucs are interested in Derek Cox. I wouldn't mind giving him $6 mil per year. He isn't much worse than Sean Smith who will probably be looking for at least $8 mil per year.

The Green Bay Packers have team needs at defensive line and running back this offseason, and they could look to fill both voids through free agency. According to Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net, defensive tackle Shaun Smith and running back Shonn Greene are among the most prominent names being mentioned in connection with the Green and Gold.

:Suicide:

NFL Net's @RapSheet on Greg Jennings: "I hear the #Packers are still trying to negotiate with him." Also mentioned #Vikings #Colts #Browns.

The Bucs have reportedly reached out to free agent quarterbacks Drew Stanton and Chase Daniel.
A source tells the Chicago Sun-Times that the Bears' interest in free agent LT Jake Long is "real."
The Baltimore Sun's Aaron Wilson is hearing there's a "good chance" the Colts will sign free agent Cliff Avril.
ESPN 1500 Twin Cities reports the Bears' interest in free agent RT Phil Loadholt is "legitimate" and they are offering more money than the Vikings.
Profootballtalk.com reports the Lions are the "likely winners" on free agent Reggie Bush.

The Jets have reportedly told free agent Braylon Edwards that they have interest in re-signing him.
A source tells the New York Post that the Jets have interest in free agent WR Brandon Gibson.
According to the Denver Post, the Broncos have interest in free agent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

I've heard the Bucs are interested in Derek Cox. I wouldn't mind giving him $6 mil per year. He isn't much worse than Sean Smith who will probably be looking for at least $8 mil per year.

I just hope Cox goes to a team I wouldn't mind seeing do well, it sucks that the few William and Mary players in the NFL are on teams I can't bring myself to root for: Cowboys, Giants, Jaguars, it'd be nice to actually be able to root for someone from my alma mater

Wow, the Bears are looking like they're serious about giving Cutler pieces to succeed.

Yea, I've heard them linked to Long, Levitre and Cook. Long and Levitre would really shore up that o-line and Cook would definitely be an upgrade over Kellen Davis at TE.

Free agent CB Brent Grimes is drawing interest from the Rams and Bucs.
The Steelers have stepped up negotiations with free agent ILB Larry Foote in an effort to keep him away from Arizona.
The Jets have shown interest in free agent Mohamed Massaquoi.
ESPN New York confirms free agent Dustin Keller "will be in play" for the Titans if they lose Jared Cook.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Steelers are planning to re-sign free agent Plaxico Burress "in the coming days."

Ian Rapport @rapsheet. Source: Steelers will re-sign Plaxico Burress... again. One year deal

per schefter on Twitter - Steelers agree a multi year deal with veteran LB Larry Foote

I'm on my phone so feel free to link any of mine that need it

@TomPelisseroI'm hearing the #Vikings also are close to a deal with Phil Loadholt.

The Eagles, 49ers, Chiefs and Bucs are all reportedly in the mix for free agent CB Sean Smith.

Mike Jurecki of XTRA Phoenix confirms free agent Reggie Bush "isn't coming" to the Cardinals.
Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

I'd rather overpay Quin then overpay Dashon... Because overpaying Quin probably wouldn't equate anywhere near the same amount as overpaying Dashon..

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Are you KIDDING ME? Foote was already overpaid and underperforming, yet they wanted to pay him more and keep him around?! They should have cut him last year and saved themselves $3 million+.

@jwyattsports

I continue to hear the #Titans are the favorites to land #Bills guard Andy Levitre. He was their top target in free agency

:corn:

@MoveTheSticks Here's the last minute buzz I'm hearing: Jake Long-STL, Reggie Bush-DET, Chase Daniel-KC or NYJ, Goldson-TB, Cassell-MIN or TB,

Matt Cassell? lolwut?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Dolphins and Mike Wallace are negotiating a five-year deal that one source familiar with the talks said is "very, very likely" to get done

Martellus Bennett to the Bears is the first signing to be announced.

Deangelo Hall is headed to Detroit.

The Patriots are reportedly the favorites to sign free agent KR/WR Josh Cribbs.
The Houston Chronicle reports the Eagles and Dolphins are interested in free agent FB/TE James Casey
Yahoo's Mike Silver reports the Bears are "showing no urgency" with regards to free agent Brian Urlacher, and that he's drawing "mild" interest from the Cowboys.

WNST ‏@WNST

Ryan: Adam Schefter is reporting that the Ravens are pursuing WR Danny Amendola; one day after trading Anquan Boldin.