RANGA

49ers Sign Glenn Dorsey

Good thing the Kansas City Chiefs signed free agent defensive lineman Mike DeVito. Because Glenn Dorsey is gone!

Surprising. I knew it was coming but I'm still surprised. Dorsey had been with the Chiefs for five seasons after KC took him with the fifth overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. He was set to be the next great defensive tackle but in Dorsey's second year the new regime moved to a 3-4 defense, which didn't allow him to be the explosive player many of us thought he would be.

That didn't make him a bad player. He was fine at what he was asked to do with the Chiefs. He moves to San Francisco where he joins one of the NFL's best defenses. The 49ers obviously have a plan for him, he visited the team less than 24 hours after free agency opened. Will he play defensive end? Move inside? I'll be interested.

Replacing Dorsey will be Mike DeVito, the former Jets defensive lineman who the Chiefs picked up via free agency this week.

Hopefully we can help him reach his potential.

Edited by RANGA

If Jimmy T can't get through to him then he's useless.

Dorsey isn't a bad player at all. He just hasn't developed into a pass rusher. He's probably playing out of scheme in the 3-4 but maybe he can develop to his full potential finally.

I thought Dorsey would go to a team that ran the 4-3. He doesn't really fit in the 3-4 and that was already proven in KC.