Sign in to follow this  
WindyCitySports

The Next President of the United States

This speech was amazing. Republicans better heed his advice, or they'll keep losing. Rand's on our side.

I think a Christie-Paul ticket would be pretty strong. Then again, Republicans don't throw their support behind people who aren't borderline right-wing extremist. IMO, that's why Romney had such a poor turnout.

"The path forward for the Republican Party is rooted in a respect for the Constitution and a respect for the individual." Good speech.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

I think a Christie-Paul ticket would be pretty strong. Then again, Republicans don't throw their support behind people who aren't borderline right-wing extremist. IMO, that's why Romney had such a poor turnout.

GOP turnout had more to do with the party than the candidate if you ask me. Doesn't matter how extreme or moderate the candidate is. People just don't see the party ideology favorably anymore. Or at least that's my take on it anyway.

• Upvote 1

Rand Paul wins the straw poll with 25% of the vote. Marco Rubio got 23%, and no one else was really close. Looks like the Republican Party is indeed evolving.

Rand Paul is either awesome, or the greatest troll ever. I cannot tell which one is true...

Edited by Vin

GOP turnout had more to do with the party than the candidate if you ask me. Doesn't matter how extreme or moderate the candidate is. People just don't see the party ideology favorably anymore. Or at least that's my take on it anyway.

Well, considering the average American public and most members on here, your ideological point of view is pretty left wing! I assume your anti-conservative, anti-GOP regardless of the candidate anyways! :yep:

Well, considering the average American public and most members on here, your ideological point of view is pretty left wing! I assume your anti-conservative, anti-GOP regardless of the candidate anyways! :yep:

Dude no offense but with the combination of exclamation points and smilies you come off as condescending as fuck.

Dude no offense but with the combination of exclamation points and smilies you come off as condescending as fuck.

:grinno:

You're kind of nitpicking and arguing semantics here. I 150% agree with you that the ideology of the Republican party has gotten too far from the core voters of the same party. However, the candidates they have had the last few years really leave a lot to be desired -- so that isn't bad thinking either.

Combine "bad" (relative to the core republican voter) politics with bad politicians and you are going to have a very disappointed constituency.

Time for the grass roots movement to take over the party. So sick of these liberal bastard Republicans masquerading around as conservatives. Piss off.

On a random note.

Also made this for my facebook :rock:. It's really over saturated on the left side, but whatever. Not the point to show off my epic fail graphics skills. :shifty:

392868_10152645936700537_1603150993_n.jpg

You're kind of nitpicking and arguing semantics here. I 150% agree with you that the ideology of the Republican party has gotten too far from the core voters of the same party. However, the candidates they have had the last few years really leave a lot to be desired -- so that isn't bad thinking either.

Combine "bad" (relative to the core republican voter) politics with bad politicians and you are going to have a very disappointed constituency.

Time for the grass roots movement to take over the party. So sick of these liberal bastard Republicans masquerading around as conservatives. Piss off.

On a random note.

Also made this for my facebook :rock:. It's really over saturated on the left side, but whatever. Not the point to show off my epic fail graphics skills. :shifty:

392868_10152645936700537_1603150993_n.jpg

What do you mean exactly by the phrase "core republican voter", like what do you see that being defined as? :shrug:

An actual conservative. The stuff Ron and Rand Paul fight for... that stuff used to be the foundation of the Republican party.

An actual conservative. The stuff Ron and Rand Paul fight for... that stuff used to be the foundation of the Republican party.

So basicly values and core principles being always making decisions by the Federal Government based solely on the Constitution, states rights (meaning states have more control over things like education, which they should have already and always should have almost sole control over IMO), individual freedom and responsibility, and fiscal conservatism (Balanced Budget Amendment, block granting Medicad spending to the states, etc)?

Guest Phailadelphia

Rand Paul wins the straw poll with 25% of the vote. Marco Rubio got 23%, and no one else was really close. Looks like the Republican Party is indeed evolving.

He's won the straw poll 2 of the last 6 years. The only other person to win in that timespan was Romney. So...

Romney is/was a more electable candidate than Bush, and that guy won 2 terms. But I guess my point was that the candidate wouldn't have mattered regardless of how good he was. Republicans were slaughtered at the congressional level too. If not for the 2010 gerrymandering the House would have a Democrat majority right now.

Good luck getting any faction of the government on board with individual freedom. The fact that we have debates on whether the government should sanction certain kinds of marriage kind of shows that we aren't going to revert back to our "grassroots".

Guest Phailadelphia

I think my stance on most issues is pretty mainstream moderate or leaning a little left. I renounce a lot of GOP policies and rhetoric but that shouldn't automatically classify me as extreme left. If anything I'd say I'm neoliberal.

Edit: Heh. Typed "neoliberal" and immediately thought of how interesting it is that neoliberal is acceptable among liberals but neoconservative is despicable to conservatives.

Good luck getting any faction of the government on board with individual freedom. The fact that we have debates on whether the government should sanction certain kinds of marriage kind of shows that we aren't going to revert back to our "grassroots".

A-fucking-men. Everyone has a different definition of freedom, or want different types of freedom.

Edited by Phailadelphia

I think my stance on most issues is pretty mainstream moderate or leaning a little left. I renounce a lot of GOP policies and rhetoric but that shouldn't automatically classify me as extreme left. If anything I'd say I'm neoliberal.

I consider myself a centrist, I just hate the modern Republican Party probably more than I hate anything.