Piggly Wiggly

MLB 2013 Regular Season thread

Pumped to see Domonic Brown make his first All-Star team. He deserved it. I'm curious as to whether he'll participate in the Home Run Derby; he said he would if asked.

Cuddyer and Harper over Alvarez in the HR derby? lmao... Get out of here. That's ridiculous. I suppose he could still get in due to someone dropping out due to injury or whatever, but that's still terrible.

Sonny Gray made his major league debut tonight. And he was awesome, of course. He's comin' for dat ass, Milone. :smug:

also, can't believe I didn't see this until tonight...

• Upvote 1

Pirates need to finish strong headed into the break and then make some trades.

Contender for top .gif of the baseball season...

werths-a-bum.gif

@Ken_Rosenthal Source: Altuve agrees with #Astros on 4-year, $12.5M extension with two club options at $6M, $6.5M.

Played some Derby on The Show last night... should be a preview of things to come. :smug:

cespedeshrd_zps4b19d8f0.jpg

• Upvote 2

The Pirates need to make some trades.

Sonny Gray made his major league debut tonight. And he was awesome, of course. He's comin' for dat ass, Milone. :smug:

also, can't believe I didn't see this until tonight...

BPoLzuPCUAApAT7.jpg

Speaking of Giants...

image.png

Jason Grilli might be hurt pretty badly. Looks like it's up to Mark Melancon to take over as closer. I don't mind that and now I'm even more glad that we got him. He was pretty decent as Houston's closer a few years back. I think we'll be fine, but Grilli's a great guy. Sucks to see him go down.

Jason Grilli to the DL. Pirates release Brandon Inge, re-activate Neil Walker from the DL, and call up RP Vic Black from Triple A.

Not a bad deal at all for Boston, IMO.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that the Red Sox and Dustin Pedroia have agreed in principle on a long-term contract extension.

The deal begins in 2015 and will run through his age-37 season in 2021. Including Pedroia's existing contract, the total value of the commitment will be around $100 million over seven years. While it will make him the first second baseman with a $100 million contract, it sounds like a nice bargain for Boston. The 29-year-old will receive a full no-trade clause. Jul 23 - 1:30 PM

Source: Rob Bradford on Twitter

Edited by BLUE

The Athletics made a late push for Garza, which is what caused the Rangers to up their offer at the last minute, according to Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports (on Twitter).

u mad, Mathias? :smug:

Definitely not a bad price for Boston considering how much contracts have ballooned in the last 5 years or so.

Phillies working on a contract extension with Chase Utley.

lmaoRubenAmaroJr.

@JamesSantelli 4m

Jason Grilli is expected to miss 4 to 8 weeks with a right arm flexor strain. The #Pirates and Dr. Andrews say he doesn’t need surgery.