Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Lions sign Kickalicious

Havard Rugland has gone from YouTube phenomenon to member of the Detroit Lions.

The man best known as "Kickalicious" was signed Thursday, according to Tim Twentyman of theLions' official website.

A native of Norway, Rugland, 28, joins David Akers as options to replace Jason Hanson, who ended his 21-year NFL career earlier this week.

Former NFL kicker Michael Husted -- who trained Rugland prior to a workout with the New York Jets last December -- compares Rugland to Oakland Raiders standout Sebastian Janikowski. Rugland has no American football experience.

"Havard has incredible talent as a kicker," Husted told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer in December. "He has a cannon for a leg. As he continues to refine his technique, he could be one of the strongest kickers in the NFL."

Source: 'Kickalicious' Havard Rugland signs Detroit Lions deal - NFL.com

for anyone else who hasn't seen the video:

I was gonna post this earlier but kept forgeting...

I woulda preferred Fergalicous but this works too yo.

If nothing else it's competition for training camp. And that's never a bad thing.

I was gonna post this earlier but kept forgeting...

I woulda preferred Fergalicous but this works too yo.

If nothing else it's competition for training camp. And that's never a bad thing.

Well, there's always the chance that this guy DOES turn out to be "the next" Janikoski, which couldn't be a bad thing at all.

At the very least, comp. for Akers is good.

In my head I'm imagining him removing the holder from certain kicks. Let's see how he handles pressure first I guess... but can you imagine, dribbling the snap? Is that legal? Ill admit I don't know the technicalities of the kicking game. Its been snap, hold, kick forever. Can a player dribble a snap and kick?

Crazy that they actually signed this guy. Good for him :yep:

In my head I'm imagining him removing the holder from certain kicks. Let's see how he handles pressure first I guess... but can you imagine, dribbling the snap? Is that legal? Ill admit I don't know the technicalities of the kicking game. Its been snap, hold, kick forever. Can a player dribble a snap and kick?

you can do a drop kick, where the kicker drops the ball then kicks it after it bounces, you basically never see it in the NFL but here's Doug Flutie doing one:

So it would be legal for him to do some sort of a dribble-hold? Interesting. Optimistic to a fault, but it is possible.