Sign in to follow this  
RANGA

Al Harris Retires As A Packer

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9236894/cornerback-al-harris-retires-green-bay-packers

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Al Harris didn't know how a ceremonial retirement was supposed to work and he didn't really care. All that mattered to the two-time Pro Bowl cornerback was that he was somehow able to say he retired as a member of the Green Bay Packers.

"Just over my career I had an awesome time, but the better part of my years were in Green Bay, (so) it was just important to me to retire as a Packer," Harris said Thursday, nearly 3½ years since he played his final snap for the Packers. "I had a great experience in Philadelphia, great experience in Tampa and everywhere else I played, but Green Bay is a special place to play football."

• Upvote 1

It just says a lot about our organization when veteran players decide to come back and retire with us. Al Harris had a great career with us and I was happy when he decided to retire as a Packer. I wish him the best in his future endeavors :)

Still one of my favourite players to have worn the Green and Gold, the playoff pick six is by far the play I love the most. Thank you Al it was a please to see you play as a Packer.

I feel obligated to post this. Definitely what I will remember most about this guy. I have to say that I always disliked him, but I recognize his talent and have watched him play quite a bit being in the NFCN and in a TV zone close to mine.

He could be kind of a prick on the field, but it's what made him special. He never took that anger and hatred off the field, which is a huge reason GB loved him so much. You could actually SEE that he cared and wanted to kick ass (not saying others don't care, you could just see it on the face of Al Harris, though).

He actually played OK for the Rams last time he was in the league, but this was the right thing.

78915878_crop_650x440.jpg?1305301060

alharris.jpg

:wub: