Dutch

Adrian Peterson: A Legend is born

Actually he responded to my post. Names are pretty similar though.

As for fumbles, check out turnovers... Barry had a knack for knowing where the football was at all times. He also corrected it, as do many backs. AP still has to keep his recent streak going until he retires, then he'll have earned his legend status in my eyes. Maybe I'm not as willy-nilly with the title as most, who knows. I wish him luck.

Yeah, but Barry retired before they were putting players on Madden. If any living retiree deserves to be on the cover of Madden, doesn't it HAVE to be Barry?

Barry was technically already on the cover of Madden, although it's tough to notice.

1329843327-00.jpg

Lol. I never played Madden on N64. PS1 all the way.

Lol. I never played Madden on N64. PS1 all the way.

The cover was the same on the PS1, but I used the N64 picture because it was the biggest one I could find on google :biggrin:

Barry was technically already on the cover of Madden, although it's tough to notice.

1329843327-00.jpg

That doesn't count... does it? :think::D

Now this is not based on the bias of me being a Vikings fan. A running back like AP has honestly never been seen before. He has a mix of speed, power and elusiveness that has never been seen before in the NFL. When you think of some of the all-time greats, you think of one distinguishing trait.

When you think of Barry Sanders, you think of his elusiveness, but he is also not a player that will necessarily run you over.

When you think of Jim Brown, you think of raw power. But he is also not the kind of person who would outrun corners and safeties on the way to a 80+ yard TD.

Adrian Peterson has all of these traits and more. And the thing is, AP is not only good at all of them, but he is great at all of them.

If AP keeps up the pace that he is currently at and plays into his 30's (which is not completely crazy when you think about how he recovered from the ACL), I believe that a strong case could be made for Adrian Peterson being the best running back in NFL history.

I think it should be an active players privilege exclusively. For players currently putting in work, putting together great seasons to be rewarded being able to grace the cover of Madden. Now that they've opened the door to retirees, I could think of a ton of great retirees that would win over current NFL players. It's not fair and now they are no parameters allowing retirees on the cover. What determines which retiree gets selected next? The list can go on and on. It should be an active player exclusive privilege. Keeps it simple.

dutchff7, This should make you a little less bitter about the results of that pole bro! Honors were ultimately split.

{http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/06/madden_25_snubs_barry_sanders.html}

Snub Alert!

-Now, EA Sports is splitting the honor, leaving Sanders as the cover athlete for the XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game, while going with Peterson for the next generation consoles, XBox One and PlayStation 4.

The latest trailer for the game also heavily features Peterson, Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch and Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III. Sanders does not make an appearance.

I disagree, This Seasons Madden 25 game's buzz is all about it's history and the return of more featured legends playing a more active role in it like the previous "All Madden" Versions before EA Sports jumped ship from the NFL2k games and jumped on board with Madden and went away from it, so it's only fitting an established record holding legend such as Barry Sanders grace the cover and AP will be on it soon enough both as a current player in the future and as a legend someday and will have his day in the limelight as he is currently the most complete back of all time and as ONE of the greatest of all time too IMO. Right now let Barry's Madden 25 poll victory be all the proof you need of what the consensus is across the nation at this stage of their comparative body's of work I say.

!Depth Chart Alert! The Lions agreed to terms with the former Chicago Bear free agent DT/DE Israel Idonije!

Fairley, Suh, and now Idonije, Can you say Pick your poison?

• Upvote 1

dutchff7, This should make you a little less bitter about the results of that pole bro! Honors were ultimately split.

{http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/06/madden_25_snubs_barry_sanders.html}

Snub Alert!

-Now, EA Sports is splitting the honor, leaving Sanders as the cover athlete for the XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game, while going with Peterson for the next generation consoles, XBox One and PlayStation 4.

The latest trailer for the game also heavily features Peterson, Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch and Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III. Sanders does not make an appearance.

I disagree, This Seasons Madden 25 game's buzz is all about it's history and the return of more featured legends playing a more active role in it like the previous "All Madden" Versions before EA Sports jumped ship from the NFL2k games and jumped on board with Madden and went away from it, so it's only fitting an established record holding legend such as Barry Sanders grace the cover and AP will be on it soon enough both as a current player in the future and as a legend someday and will have his day in the limelight as he is currently the most complete back of all time and as ONE of the greatest of all time too IMO. Right now let Barry's Madden 25 poll victory be all the proof you need of what the consensus is across the nation at this stage of their comparative body's of work I say.

!Depth Chart Alert! The Lions agreed to terms with the former Chicago Bear free agent DT/DE Israel Idonije!

Fairley, Suh, and now Idonije, Can you say Pick your poison?

Yeah, I'm completely fine with how they handled it. A.P is one the next generation consoles and Barry is on the 360 and PS3. I also didn't need proof from what the consensus though / preferred; my opinion just differs from theirs lol. I'm fine with them both getting on the covers.

The Legend has a weakness.

Adrian Peterson suffered a life-threatening allergic reaction to shellfish last season.

"I was eating lunch and gobbled down a couple of bowls of gumbo," Peterson said. "Then, 15 minutes later, I'm in my dorm room resting up. My eyes started itching and my throat was swelling up. ... I could barely breathe." The incident occurred in training camp, otherwise known as before AD rushed for 2,097 yards. Peterson hopes to become the first player in league history to post back-to-back 2K seasons in 2013.

Source: USA Today

PS. Barry Sanders is the best back of all time and AP will be the 2nd best and I am a big fan of his too even if he does plays for the rival Vikings. -Lionsfan317

Isnt that what people said about Barry when comparing him to the likes of Jim Brown and Walter Peyton ? Yes they did, and now look.

Adrian Peterson eclipsed the 10,000 yard mark this season and has 10,115 yards. He's 8240 yards away from breaking Emmitt Smith's record at 18,355. A.P has averaged 1445 yards throughout his career. If he keeps up at this pace and can stay healthy, he can break Emmitt's record in 6 years. Right now, A.P is 29. I'd love to see him break that record being one of the best RB's I've ever seen to run the ball (he's gaining on Barry but Barry is still #1). Granted I doubt he can keep this pace for another 6 years but if he last long enough, it's definitely possible to break it.