BroadcastinMayne

Is Moss good enough for Canton?

If they can hold Cris Carter out for years, they can do the same for Moss.

If they can hold Cris Carter out for years, they can do the same for Moss.

It's a large jump from Cris Carter to Randy Moss.

This is pretty fucking crazy lol.

Ya know what people love about the game ? Potential. It is the reason teams hang on to people who have not produced (Sanchez), why we defend underachievers (Finley) and overdraft people who have all the tools (Tannehill).

Very few times are there people who reach the end of their career and we still see potential. Not so much in the twilight years, but when they are in their prime and do it as well as he did and you still say hmmmmmmmm...I bet he still could have done better. That was Randy he is the second leading receiver of all time and you say to yourself... Meh, he could have done better.

That is the case with Randy Moss. I think people more or less live vicariously through highlights or what others say who watched him and that is the opinion of where his greatness comes from. For those who actually did watch them you remember how ridiculous he was. It was insane sitting on the couch or sitting on the floor watching the game and just KNOWING that at some point Randy was going to break the game and most times he was going to do it multiple times, it was incredible.

I think when it is all said and done he will be the 3rd best to ever play. I think it will end up being Calvin>Jerry>Randy. Now as yourself, when that is his only competition in a game that has over a century of legends would you feel right leaving the dude out of Canton on his first opportunity. Even window lickers and coat hanger dodgers know this.

Yeah. People may not like players for whatever reasons but I always respect their game. Moss is the 2nd all time leading receiver and he wasn't even full time. He was the first freak that the league saw at his position. What he did to the game, the league never saw anything like it; revolutionary. His effort definitely came into question throughout his career if he didn't like a situation he was in but Moss put his stamp on the game already. That can't be taken away.

Hey i respect what Moss did in MIN as a player, i respect his game when the man put his heart into it... what i won't respect is that Moss has halfed assed about half his career, and he'll make it into canton. But he was a freakish wide out no doubt

This is pretty fucking crazy lol.

Ya know what people love about the game ? Potential. It is the reason teams hang on to people who have not produced (Sanchez), why we defend underachievers (Finley) and overdraft people who have all the tools (Tannehill).

Very few times are there people who reach the end of their career and we still see potential. Not so much in the twilight years, but when they are in their prime and do it as well as he did and you still say hmmmmmmmm...I bet he still could have done better. That was Randy he is the second leading receiver of all time and you say to yourself... Meh, he could have done better.

That is the case with Randy Moss. I think people more or less live vicariously through highlights or what others say who watched him and that is the opinion of where his greatness comes from. For those who actually did watch them you remember how ridiculous he was. It was insane sitting on the couch or sitting on the floor watching the game and just KNOWING that at some point Randy was going to break the game and most times he was going to do it multiple times, it was incredible.

I think when it is all said and done he will be the 3rd best to ever play. I think it will end up being Calvin>Jerry>Randy. Now as yourself, when that is his only competition in a game that has over a century of legends would you feel right leaving the dude out of Canton on his first opportunity. Even window lickers and coat hanger dodgers know this.

Ay man i know what he did, i watched those same games as you im sure, with the same feeling and i know he'll be a first ballot HOFer.. but in my opinion to have some one in the HOF, they had to work to be the best everyday and Moss didn't i take a grip of people on my ultimate football team before Moss

I understand what you are saying and most fans of a team with that sort of player all wish they would have worked to perfect there craft. That being said just because they are out of this world talented does not really discount what they have done.

This is how I look at it.

People like Wes Welker who are born without those amazing physical traits but work there ass off everyday are hall of famers, maybe not first ballot but hall of famers. Guys like Waybe Chrebet are guys who dont always have the most awesome skill sets but they still produce solidly.

Then there are your guys like Moss who break into the league and whether not you see it work their ass off. Think about it like this, Brock Lesnar who have all the physical attributes to be great but dont make camp, and then dudes like Mandarich who are drafted super high but blessed with genetics and still fail. Now it is definitely easier for guys like that to succeed but there still has to be some work put in whether you believe it or not. Moss's hands, you are not born with that. How many hours did he spend honing that craft ?

Whether or not you saw it he put in work, he put in a lot of work. The fact that he is talented makes you less apt to see it because he came into the league as a phenom. As for his effort, did he give up on plays ? Sure. So does just about everyone. When a QB throws a pick and you see him jog to try to catch the dude he has given up. When WR's are blocking non playside they give the guy a shove but rarely do they finish blocks.

This is just how it goes.

As far as him not being on your list, that is hardly empirical proof of anything. The thread was will he have a bust in Canton and your last post says that even you believe he will so that should /thread.

He's Randy effing" Moss. Hellz yeah he is...Even given character and discontentment issues the effects of which I think are perceived as greater than they really were, Moss is still a first-ballot Hall of Famer...without even a doubt! The quality of his play has earned him that distinction!

moss-moonin-o.gif GIFSoup

I understand what you are saying and most fans of a team with that sort of player all wish they would have worked to perfect there craft. That being said just because they are out of this world talented does not really discount what they have done.

This is how I look at it.

People like Wes Welker who are born without those amazing physical traits but work there ass off everyday are hall of famers, maybe not first ballot but hall of famers. Guys like Waybe Chrebet are guys who dont always have the most awesome skill sets but they still produce solidly.

Then there are your guys like Moss who break into the league and whether not you see it work their ass off. Think about it like this, Brock Lesnar who have all the physical attributes to be great but dont make camp, and then dudes like Mandarich who are drafted super high but blessed with genetics and still fail. Now it is definitely easier for guys like that to succeed but there still has to be some work put in whether you believe it or not. Moss's hands, you are not born with that. How many hours did he spend honing that craft ?

Whether or not you saw it he put in work, he put in a lot of work. The fact that he is talented makes you less apt to see it because he came into the league as a phenom. As for his effort, did he give up on plays ? Sure. So does just about everyone. When a QB throws a pick and you see him jog to try to catch the dude he has given up. When WR's are blocking non playside they give the guy a shove but rarely do they finish blocks.

This is just how it goes.

As far as him not being on your list, that is hardly empirical proof of anything. The thread was will he have a bust in Canton and your last post says that even you believe he will so that should /thread.

Very true, and i see what your saying as well and i should've reworded it defferently and put as much thought into the topic's question as i did with the description. We all know he'll get in sooner or later but i wanted a discussion on how Moss has represented himself and if it would have a impact on the HOF decision in one way or the other. I'll get better at this, trust me

• Upvote 1

I'll get better at this, trust me

No worries.

There is always merit in discussion.

However like most I think yes, gonna have some legit competition as a first ballot but he'll get in quickly enough.

Nobodys perfect, but he's done more than enough to get in.

There is always merit in discussion.

However like most I think yes, gonna have some legit competition as a first ballot but he'll get in quickly enough.

Nobodys perfect, but he's done more than enough to get in.

I'm pretty sure whoever is eligible the first year that Moss is, he's done more at his position than they have done at theirs. He is the top 2-3 at his position of All time.If he retires this year, Ray would be the only exception but both of those guys legacies are enormous and both locks for first ballot Hall of Famers.

I was just saying there's a possibility he has stiff competition and the voters might give him a slap on the wrist. It happens, feels like they'll give Randy a slap on the wrist if they have any excuse.

honestly hes going to the hall of fame no questions asked for the years he's put in! but because he lost his heart i doubt he be a first time bid!

ABSOLUTELY! Randy Moss is a first-ballot Hall of Famer. For most of the last 14 years, nobody could keep Moss out of the end zone. How can you keep him out of the Hall of Fame? This guy routinely embarrassed NFL defensive backs. Whether he out-jumped them in the red zone or streaked by them on a deep fly pattern, in his prime, Moss was a threat to score on every play. He was also one of the most athletically gifted NFL players in the history of the league. He is one of the all-time best receivers, and the most dangerous deep threat the game has ever seen. Hey the numbers don't lie!

(9th)982 rec./ (3rd)15,292 yds/ avg 15.6/(2nd) 156 tds

Every statistical measurement of Moss's career indicates that he is a first-ballot Hall of Famer. Though for some strange reason something tells me the old-school voters might make him wait. They will look at his history of taking plays off and looking out for himself and hold that against him.

Eventually, though, the Hall of Fame voters will have to accept what fans figured out and NFL teams reluctantly accepted..Like him or hate him, Randy Moss was just too damn good. They made him wait until the 21st pick in 1998, there should be no reason at all to make him wait again. They will have to let him into the Hall. And it should make for a fascinating ceremony. Especially if he skips it! LOL!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!

Of course he is good enough to get into Canton. That's a silly ass question! Yes, Moss was a Diva. Yes, Moss had a bad attitude. Who cares? When it comes to Canton, we aren't voting for man of the year. We're voting for talent and production. Randy Moss has both of those.

We're talking about a guy who underachieved his entire career and is still the #2 receiver all time to Jerry Rice. How could anyone ever debate if he belongs in the hall of fame? If he isn't a first ballot, I'll be pretty surprised.