DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Offseason thread

Chris Broussard: Source: Andrew Bynum has decided to sign with Cleveland Twitter @Chris_Broussard

Marc Stein: To get full $12M in Year 1 from Cavs, Bynum would have to hit loads of contract benchmarks. And Year 2, of course, would be at Cavs' option Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

Back to the playoffs the Cavs should be. Bynum can dominate the East whenever he actually plays. Its basically a 1 year deal, which a chance at a 2nd year if he plays well enough.

Billups is back with the Pistons.

Chris Broussard: Source: Andrew Bynum has decided to sign with Cleveland Twitter @Chris_Broussard

Marc Stein: To get full $12M in Year 1 from Cavs, Bynum would have to hit loads of contract benchmarks. And Year 2, of course, would be at Cavs' option Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

Back to the playoffs the Cavs should be. Bynum can dominate the East whenever he actually plays. Its basically a 1 year deal, which a chance at a 2nd year if he plays well enough.

The Cavs have a pretty good starting line up now, and some decent bench players as well. Irving and Waiters seem to have the guard positions locked, Bynum will probably start at center. Not sure who they'll go for at the forwards but a rotation of Zeller/Bennett and Thompson/Gee could become quite potent. If everyone stays healthy and gels, that could become a decent team.

As for the play offs I think the Heat, Pacers, Knicks, Nets and Bulls should all be finished. It's going to be pretty open for the remaining three spots with the likes of the Cavs, Pistons, Wizards, Hawks, and perhaps the Raptors could have a chance to do well. The Cavs should have a good chance.

Yea, not thrilled about the Billups addition from a personal view of things, but he should be a great locker room pressense and leader for BK7.

Andre Drummond looks like a man among boys at just 19. Its crazy how well he is on just instincts and natural ability. Now that offense though...

Yea, not thrilled about the Billups addition from a personal view of things, but he should be a great locker room pressense and leader for BK7.

Andre Drummond looks like a man among boys at just 19. Its crazy how well he is on just instincts and natural ability. Now that offense though...

That's because he is among boys...

Summer League is filled with a bunch of scrubs.

That's because he is among boys...

Summer League is filled with a bunch of scrubs.

He was fantastic in the minutes he played last year (only 20 a game, smh). I don't know if you're saying he's not that good or what?

• Upvote 1

Kaman, Farmar, and Nick Young all Lakers (Farmar again).

Kaman was meh for me. I like the Farmar signing as I always kind of liked him here.

Fuck Nick Young.

Nets signed Kirilenko for chump change.

Nets staaaaaaaacked

Heat fuuuuuuuuucked

I still think the Lakers need to give Kobe either the option to resign for less money, or find a way to get rid of him. He isn't worth that money.

Oladipo supposedly hit a game winner today in summer league. Good stuff.

Pistons cut Kim English. Now I can go back to not giving a shit about them.

Nets signed Kirilenko for chump change.

Nets staaaaaaaacked

Heat fuuuuuuuuucked

I wouldn't say the Nets are a better team than the Heat. I would still take their starting line up over the Nets. For me the Heat can outlast the Nets over the course of a series. If LeBron continues to play in a dominant fashion, Bosh and Wade support him with all star play, and the rest of the Heat play well they'll beat the Nets. The only players in that Nets line up that would start in Miami is Williams and Lopez, the other three Nets starters would be bench players in Miami.

I won't dispute that their line up is stacked, but they have to gel to have a chance. The Lakers line up never did. The Nets might end up gelling, but I have my doubts about them beating the Heat, Pacers, and a Bulls team with a healthy Rose.

He was fantastic in the minutes he played last year (only 20 a game, smh). I don't know if you're saying he's not that good or what?

I wasn't commenting on his skill level either way, I was just saying that the reason he looks like he is a man playing among boys is because he is actually playing among boys.

The signing of Russian free agent Andrei Kirilenko – a $10 million-a-year player last season – for Brooklyn's $3.1 mini-midlevel exception has transformed rival owners and front office executives into an angry mob of disbelievers. The insinuations are unmistakable: Around the NBA, there are calls for the commissioner's office to investigate the possibilities of side deals and Russian rubles ruling the day – for now, unfounded charges based on circumstance and appearances.

The signing of Russian free agent Andrei Kirilenko – a $10 million-a-year player last season – for Brooklyn's $3.1 mini-midlevel exception has transformed rival owners and front office executives into an angry mob of disbelievers. The insinuations are unmistakable: Around the NBA, there are calls for the commissioner's office to investigate the possibilities of side deals and Russian rubles ruling the day – for now, unfounded charges based on circumstance and appearances.

I read that just now on bleacher report. Until then I didn't realise he had signed on a mini-mid level exception. It does make you wonder how the Nets managed to persuade a $10 million per season guy to join them for significantly less than his market value. Maybe he wants to win a championship and build a dynasty there, and if that's the case and he's forsaken a pay day to win - good on him. But at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if there was some payment made to him off the books.

Kirilenko wasn't going to earn anywhere near ten million from anyone else, rofl.

And he's got no chance of winning a title with Brooklyn lol

Probably wouldn't be a huge deal to him because he gets to play in the biggest market (with Deron again) and is probably getting paid $7 mill under the table (Prokhorov wipes his ass with that kind of money).

Considering those circumstances, it wouldn't be tough to part ways with a shitty team in the bumfuck Midwest lol.

Kirilenko wasn't going to earn anywhere near ten million from anyone else, rofl.

He was in the 6-8 million range without too much trouble. Desperate teams can, and do, over pay for free agents all the time. But my point is that he first of all he optes out of a $10 million deal, and potentially has left money on the table from a team that needs a stopgap starting SF like the Kings for example that could have paid him much more than the Nets.

They have a chance if they gel and play well. I personally don't see them winning. But his reasoning might have been I'll take less to go to the Nets because they have a chance to win, instead of taking more from a team like the Kings or T-Wolves that don't. My point was good on him if he has turned down more money in order to win, most go for the money.

No, but the heat weren't offering him a deal so title-contention couldn't play a role in anything. :troll:

Can't believe the Rockets didn't sign Kirilenko. I mean the team is trying hard to purchase a championship.

• Upvote 2

Kirilenko my have gotten 5-6 million elsewhere, but it isn't crazy for players past their prime to turn down money for a contender. Ray Allen could've gotten more money from any team in the league last year than Miami, but went there because he wanted to add hardware. Plus, he saw the writing on the wall for Boston and knew that was a sinking ship.

They have a chance if they gel and play well. I personally don't see them winning. But his reasoning might have been I'll take less to go to the Nets because they have a chance to win, instead of taking more from a team like the Kings or T-Wolves that don't. My point was good on him if he has turned down more money in order to win, most go for the money.

Nope. They're not better than Miami, Indiana, or Chicago.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Deshaun Thomas looking good per Dmac. What would you do if one of your favorite college players went to a team you hated?