DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Offseason thread

Nope. They're not better than Miami, Indiana, or Chicago.

I'd agree, but down the years experience shows that it is not always the best two teams in the west and east that win their respective conferences. In 2010-11, the best team in the east was the Chicago Bulls, and in the west it was the Spurs - but the finals that year was contested by the Heat and Mavericks. Now sure it is one thing to dominate the regular season, and a totally different thing to dominate in the play offs, but there is a history of teams that make the finals that are not the best team in their conference, nor have been throughout the season.

In regards to the Nets, they have a stacked line up with Williams, Johnson, Pierce, Garnett and Lopez. They have a one of the best benches in the league with Kirilenko, Jason Terry, Andray Blatche, Reggie Evans, and Shaun Livingston. The big question mark is if they can gel as a team. The Lakers gamble last season did not pay off, and I think we may end up seeing the same with the Nets. But if they do gel as a line up, and their bench plays to its potential, then they have a very good chance at making the finals.

Now obviously I back the Heat to win a third straight title, but I wouldn't rule out the Nets. They have a chance this coming season, and for me it would be very naive to rule them out.

Nope. They're not better than Miami, Indiana, or Chicago.

The Nets are better than your precious moral victory Pacers and the Bulls until Derrick Rose proves that he isn't a huge pussy.

zh8Xa.gif

Pierce sucks. They should start AK47 ahead of him.

Garnett's minutes need to be managed

The Nets will be lucky to get a 4 seed and out of the second or first round.

The Nets are better than your precious moral victory Pacers and the Bulls until Derrick Rose proves that he isn't a huge pussy.

zh8Xa.gif

Wait and see that you're wrong.

Rockets should start Asik over Howard. Howard's post game sucks.

• Upvote 1

Pierce sucks. They should start AK47 ahead of him.

You suck at trying to sound edgy. AK47 is not better than Pierce... who are you trying to kid? :yao:

Garnett's minutes need to be managed

Should be no problem considering the Nets have pretty good depth at the PF position.

The Nets will be lucky to get a 4 seed and out of the second or first round.

Lulz.

2/3 seed and ECF. Be mad, brah.

Wait and see that you're wrong.

Wait and see and you'll realize that the Pacers are nothing special and that Derrick Rose will still probably be on his recovery plan next April.

It's really funny that with all the eastern conference arguments, no one is pretending that the eastern champ won't be the Heat.

• Upvote 1

It's really funny that with all the eastern conference arguments, no one is pretending that the eastern champ won't be the Heat.

I think they are more vulnerable than people realize, but it just is LeBron's time. He is the best player in the world at his peak, he is going to collect hardware. The only question going forward is will he continue to do so in Miami past next season?

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Pistons are offering Brandon Knight and an expiring contract for Rajon Rondo.

That's obviously not going to be enough. Knight shot just 40.7 percent from the field and before Jose Calderon took over at point guard, Knight ranked dead last in assist: turnover ratio among starting point guards. The Pistons should be better, but there's no way they'll be able to pull off this deal with offering Greg Monroe or Andre Drummond. Jul 14 - 4:56 PM

Source: Boston Globe

There will be major lolz at the ego crashes of Rondo and J-Smoove if he were to go to Detroit.

Heat have decided to amnesty Mike Miller, they have something up their sleeves like a Oden or Dalembert?

Heat have decided to amnesty Mike Miller, they have something up their sleeves like a Oden or Dalembert?

This is good news for everyone else. I wouldn't mind seeing him in CHI

The Magic signed Jason Maxiell, I'm not sure why though lol.

The Magic signed Jason Maxiell, I'm not sure why though lol.

I think the Magic are preparing to tank once again. On their roster they have a few question marks over players being there at the start of the season:

- Al Harrington, SF/PF

- Glen Davis, PF/C

- Arron Afflalo, SG/SF

- Hedo Türkoğlu, SF/PF

All four of those guys could be moved. The Magic are already talking about a buyout with Türkoğlu, so he'll be gone. The same could happen with Harrington, though they might trade him if someone wants to take on his contract, either way he probably won't remain a Magic player long. Those two don't have much to offer them.

The issue with Afflalo and Davis is that if they are healthy, then slotting them into a line up with Nelson, Harris/Harkless, and Vučević could be enough to see them be too good next season. Heck, throw in Oladipo, Harris/Harkless, Nicholson etc off the bench and they could be a very solid outfit in the 30 or so wins range. So for me it would make sense for the Magic to try and move these two players for draft picks and/or young talent in return. That way they can slot Oladipo into the starting line up, and continue the Harkless (SF) and Harris (PF) experiment, and all the while not be too good and miss out on a top pick.

With those four gone, the addition of Maxiell gives them a guy that can play three positions, and brings decent defense off the bench. Granted right now they have a crowded front court, but in if they make moves for the above four players Maxiell could be a useful option off the bench with limited minutes.

I wouldn't mind having Glen Davis on CHI

I'd like him at the Bobcats too, but with Zeller I don't think Baby would be considered. He should be a good fit for a play off team. Decent scorer and good defense. Not sure what his market value would be though.

Turkoglu and Harrington are being bought out, the team is just waiting to iron out specifics. I don't see Afflalo or Davis being moved. I think we'd love to move Big Baby, but he's currently hurt and it is lowering his trade value. Afflalo just appears likely to stay put unless we get a nice offer.

Offseason bored stuff. Rose made a claim for best player in the NBA.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-sports-minute/derrick-rose-says-best-player-nba-084757352.html

There's nothing wrong with him saying it IMO. But it's not close to being true. Especially when he *cough cough* wasn't the most deserving MVP candidate *cough cough*.

Yea yea, I'm a bitter hater.

Offseason bored stuff. Rose made a claim for best player in the NBA.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-sports-minute/derrick-rose-says-best-player-nba-084757352.html

There's nothing wrong with him saying it IMO. But it's not close to being true. Especially when he *cough cough* wasn't the most deserving MVP candidate *cough cough*.

Yea yea, I'm a bitter hater.

He was the only player in the league who averaged 24+ ppg & 8+ ast, while at that time having one All-Pro around him, in Boozer. He had(has) an injury-prone Deng and Noah, and an ineffective SG in Keith Bogans. He led this group to the ECF, where he was the only scorer (due to injuries) that they could count on. He absolutely deserved it that year

Except in the ECF he got obliterated by LeBron. It was foolishness of overreacting to the anger over The Decision.

Of course even in the heat of the moment, I still thought Howard deserved it over Rose.

On the other hand, the last two times in football someone made an outrageous claim about their talent, they've went on to win the super bowl so maybe itll work here too.

Except in the ECF he got obliterated by LeBron. It was foolishness of overreacting to the anger over The Decision.

Of course even in the heat of the moment, I still thought Howard deserved it over Rose.

On the other hand, the last two times in football someone made an outrageous claim about their talent, they've went on to win the super bowl so maybe itll work here too.

I'll be pretty damn impressed if Derrick Rose goes on to win the Super Bowl this year.

• Upvote 1

He was the only player in the league who averaged 24+ ppg & 8+ ast, while at that time having one All-Pro around him, in Boozer. He had(has) an injury-prone Deng and Noah, and an ineffective SG in Keith Bogans. He led this group to the ECF, where he was the only scorer (due to injuries) that they could count on. He absolutely deserved it that year

:nope:

they were winning that year because of great defense. Something that he was above average in. A lot of his stats on offense came off of high usage and being the #1 option.

He had nowhere near the impact on his teams success then Howard and LBJ.

• Upvote 1

Bucks/Pistons do a Brandon Jennings for Brandon Knight swap. Can't say that I like it for Detroit.