DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Offseason thread

Guest Phailadelphia

RT @Jonathan_Feigen Rockets contingent pile into very large Mercedes van on their way to meet with Dwight Howard in Los Angeles. Hakeem, Clyde, Harden, Les, etc

Rockets trying to buy a championship?

No never :troll:

Guest Phailadelphia

BUT THEY'RE TOTES DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY BECAUSE THEY DRAFTED ALL THEIR BEST GUYS

Wait, they only drafted ONE guy that's on the roster? Well this is embarrassing...

Guest Phailadelphia

RT @SpearsNBAYahoo Thunder G Kevin Martin expected to get interest from OKC, Milwaukee, New Orleans, Minnesota, Dallas and Detroit, source tells Y! Sports.

RT @InsiderJayNBA Hawks hoping Howard goes to Houston if its not them, plan on offering to s&t Smith for Asik or get Asik outright.

Edited by Phailadelphia

@basketballtalk

Andrew Bynum won’t work out for teams as a free agent http://dlvr.it/3bVCfM

:rofl: Wonder what GM will get desperate and give him the max contract. He doesn't deserve it and things like this prove it. He should be 100% fine and capable of doing workouts at this point.

NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion 33m

Report: Warriors plan to offer Andrew Bogut and Klay Thompson to the Lakers for Dwight Howard.

NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion 33m

Report: Warriors plan to offer Andrew Bogut and Klay Thompson to the Lakers for Dwight Howard.

Fuck that, don't do it Golden State. Klay Thompson is going to be awesome and Dwight is a douchebag who will probably cry every time Curry shoots instead of getting him the ball.

Heat looking into Greg Oden. How funny would it be if Oden wins a ring before Durant? (kinda like Darko being the first from 03 to win one)

Heat looking into Greg Oden. How funny would it be if Oden wins a ring before Durant? (kinda like Darko being the first from 03 to win one)

It depends on what kind of role Oden has with a Heat championship. If he just wins a ring as a human victory cigar like Darko then nobody will care outside of a few jokes.

• Upvote 1

sam_amick

I've been told 4 years, approx $48 million on Evans' offer. @daldridgetnt has it at $44 million. Either way, doubt Kings would match either.

Also I read earlier today that the Magic are going to try out Oladipo at PG during summer league to see how he looks running the point. Should be kinda cool.

It depends on what kind of role Oden has with a Heat championship. If he just wins a ring as a human victory cigar like Darko then nobody will care outside of a few jokes.

It's more about if he can stay healthy or not. The question is probably not, but... if he can, he brings to Miami exactly what the Heat are and have been missing.

Also I read earlier today that the Magic are going to try out Oladipo at PG during summer league to see how he looks running the point. Should be kinda cool.

He's got a similar build to Russell Westbrook. Westbrook also was a college SG who made the transition to a PG in the NBA. Not saying he'll be as good, but it is interesting. Might also be why Presti liked Oladipo so much. The Magic have no PG of the future so if Oladipo shows some ball handling ability, he can find his nitch there.

I'd say thats the only way it happens. I don't think Oden is all of a sudden going to live up to the hype and be the top player from his class. I just think it'd be funny if after everything, it worked out that way.

I'd say thats the only way it happens. I don't think Oden is all of a sudden going to live up to the hype and be the top player from his class. I just think it'd be funny if after everything, it worked out that way.

All the Heat need is Oden to show that defensive game he had before he kept getting hurt.

Guest Phailadelphia

Three-team trade today. Clippers receive JJ Redick (holy shit dude) and Jared Dudley; Suns receive Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler (F4E should be thrilled about this); and the Bucks receive 2 2nd-rd picks. Seriously. The best they could get for Redick was 2 2nd-rd picks. lolBucks.

Redick was a FA so the Bucks had no real leverage.

Guest Phailadelphia

Redick was a FA so the Bucks had no real leverage.

They could have done a sign & trade.

They could have done a sign & trade.

It was a sign and trade. :shrug:

Kevin Martin agrees to a deal with the Timberwolves. The Harden trade continues to look pretty shaky for the Thunder.

Yeah, Milwaukee would've gotten nothing for Reddick, so it's pretty good on them to get 2 2nds at least. Those are some great additions by LAC. That team is looking nice now.

Dunno why the Suns would want another PG. They just drafted one in round 1 last year and already have Dragic. Bledsoe is good, but it seems the Suns made the trade just to make it.

Dunno why the Suns would want another PG. They just drafted one in round 1 last year and already have Dragic. Bledsoe is good, but it seems the Suns made the trade just to make it.

I am kind of... sort of confused, but am very excited about it. We traded for a player at maybe our only strong position which is why I am a little surprised. But, I like Bledsoe as a player, and this is a good move towards building for the future. Makes us 10x better without a doubt.

My friend texted me that we got Bledsoe, and I was just completely caught off guard. I'll take it though.

How we deal with Goran though will massively effect how I feel about this trade. If he gets shipped out, I would be massively pissed and feel that this move was fail... Even if we got much more for Dudley than we should have :laugh:.

Hopefully Suns management sees what I see with this move... Two headed monster in Goran and Eric running the length of the court and dishing it low to Alex Len. I would be pretty shocked if this isn't what they had planned, but very little could surprise me with the incompetence mgmt. has shown in recent years.

I like the move a lot though... For now.

Kendall Marshall being drafted was a massive mistake. Dunno why we did that to begin with and I would expect him to be on the way out as well.

Now.... We have some aging players with big deals we need to move and it will be a pretty damn successful offseason. Gortat, Scola, and Beasley (rofl. Loser) all need to GO. Need to Goooooooo.

Edited by Favre4Ever

You can have Andy for Kendall Marshall :shifty: