Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

Top 10 NBA players at each position

This is pretty tough, especially since some positions are weaker than others. Center and shooting guard especially...yuck.

Point Guard

1.Chris Paul, Clippers

2.Tony Parker, Spurs

3.Russell Westbrook, Thunder

4.Derrick Rose, Bulls

5.Rajon Rondo, Celtics

6.Stephen Curry, Warriors

7.Deron Williams, Nets

8.Kyrie Irving, Cavaliers

9.John Wall, Wizards

10.Ty Lawson, Nuggets

Shooting Guard

1.James Harden, Rockets

2.Kobe Bryant, Lakers

3.Dwayne Wade, Heat

4.Monta Ellis, Mavericks

5.Manu Ginobli, Spurs

6.Eric Gordon, Pelicans

7.JR Smith, Knicks

8.Klay Thompson, Warriors

9.Joe Johnson, Nets

10.JJ Redick, Clippers

Small Forward

1.LeBron James, Heat

2.Kevin Durant, Thunder

3.Carmelo Anthony, Knicks

4.Paul George, Pacers

5.Andre Iguodala, Warriors

6.Luol Deng, Bulls

7.Paul Pierce, Nets

8.Rudy Gay, Raptors

9.Nicolas Batum, Trail Blazers

10.Chandler Parsons, Rockets

Power Forward

1.Tim Duncan, Spurs

2.LaMarcus Aldridge, Trail Blazers

3.Kevin Love, Timberwolves

4.David Lee, Warriors

5.Zach Randolph, Grizzlies

6.Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks

7.Pau Gasol, Lakers

8.Blake Griffin, Clippers

9.David West, Pacers

10.Chris Bosh, Heat

Center

1.Dwight Howard, Rockets

2.Marc Gasol, Grizzlies

3.Al Horford, Hawks

4.Andrew Bynum, Cavaliers

5.Joakim Noah, Bulls

6.Brook Lopez, Nets

7.Tyson Chandler, Knicks

8.Al Jefferson, Bobcats

9.Nikola Vucevic, Magic

10.Larry Sanders, Bucks

I'm open to criticism and honestly I'm sure I'm forgetting at least one person somewhere lol.

Great lists, I agree with a lot of it. Some things I'd like to point out:- I dont consider Duncan a PF, as just about all of his minutes were played at C last year. Even if he was a PF though, I wouldn't have him as the #1 PF in the league, he's simply too old and isn't even the best player on his own team anymore

- After last year and his Finals performance, I'm not sure you can rank Ginobili in the top 5 anymore. I have him around 8 or 9

- I personally think Tyson is overrated, as his post game is nonexistent

- SF has easily become the deepest position in the league. This one isnt criticism, I was just pointing that out

Other than that, nice work

JJ Reddick top 10 SG ? naw and you missing some good SF . Also Mike Conley > Lawswon

Great lists, I agree with a lot of it. Some things I'd like to point out:- I dont consider Duncan a PF, as just about all of his minutes were played at C last year. Even if he was a PF though, I wouldn't have him as the #1 PF in the league, he's simply too old and isn't even the best player on his own team anymore

- After last year and his Finals performance, I'm not sure you can rank Ginobili in the top 5 anymore. I have him around 8 or 9

- I personally think Tyson is overrated, as his post game is nonexistent

- SF has easily become the deepest position in the league. This one isnt criticism, I was just pointing that out

Other than that, nice work

I've always considered Duncan a power forward, I know he plays a lot at the five too I just like to list him at the four. He also had his best season is years last year, practically averaging 18/10. Hoopstat.com's efficiency rankings had him as the best PF in the league and the 8th best player in the league last year. Not saying that is an end all, be all stat or anything just a combination of these things plus his legacy made me pick him #1. He's still as good as any big in the league IMO.

I agree that Manu is washed up and not that good, but the SG position is just so damn weak right now. There is a massive drop off from Harden, Kobe and Wade. You have guys who are either washed up, struggling to stay healthy or just are too young to really judge. I also think Chandler is overrated too, but center is really weak. Every guy on their have serious flaws, even the elite guys.

• Upvote 1

JJ Reddick top 10 SG ? naw and you missing some good SF . Also Mike Conley > Lawswon

Who else should be in the top 10? There are some candidates, but none of them are for sure better than JJ.

OJ Mayo? Good scorer, but JJ is more efficient and plays better within the team IMO.

DeMar DeRozan? Maybe, but JJ is a better passer and more efficient player. He'd be my #11.

Arron Afflalo? He was teammates with JJ for most of the season and I thought JJ clearly stood out as the better player.

Ray Allen? Not these days, still useful but I'd easily take JJ.

I'm not trying to say Redick is elite or anything, but the SG position is very weak and JJ is a player who will give you efficient scoring with solid playmaking abilities, no ego, always plays within his role and works as hard as anyone. The fact that he is a solid defender after being considered a joke defensively early on is a testament to how dedicated he is and how hard he works.

PG

1. Chris Paul

2. Derrick Rose

3. Russ Westbrook

4. Tony Parker

5. Steph Curry

6. Kyrie Irving

7. Rajon Rondo

8. Ty Lawson

9. Deron Williams

10. Jeff Teague

SG

1. Kobe Bryant

2. James Harden

3. Dwyane Wade

4. Joe Johnson

5. Kevin Martin

6. Klay Thompson

7. Arron Afflalo

8. Monta Ellis

9. OJ Mayo

10. Eric Gordon

SF

1. Lebron James

2. Kevin Durant

3. Carmelo Anthony

4. Paul George

5. Danny Granger

6. Andre Iguodala

7. Danillo Gallinari

8. Luol Deng

9. Paul Pierce

10. Nicolas Batum

PF

1. Kevin Love

2. Tim Duncan

3. Lamarcus Aldridge

4. Pau Gasol

5. Kevin Garnett

6. Josh Smith

7. David Lee

8. Dirk Nowitzki

9. Blake Griffin

10. David West

C

1. Dwight Howard

2. Marc Gasol

3. Al Horford

4. Joakim Noah

5. Roy Hibbert

6. Chris Bosh

7. Demarcus Cousins

8. Brook Lopez

9. Al Jefferson

10. Tyson Chandler

PG

1.Chris Paul

2.Derrick Rose (If fully healthy)

3.Rusell Westbrook

HM: As a huge Irving fan, I honestly believe that he can be as good as Westbrook next season if everything goes well for him.

SG

1.James Harden (I think Kobe was better this season but not next season)

2.Kobe Bryant

3.Dwyane Wade (If he doesn't get back to shape, Paul George will take this spot)

SF

1.Lebron James

2.Kevin Durant

3.Carmelo Anthony

PF

1.Tim Duncan

2.Kevin Love

3.Blake Griffin

C

1.Dwight Howard

2.Andrew Bynum (Only if he finally can manage to stay healthy)

3.DeMarcus Cousins (Yeah, this is a bold pic, but I'm confident that he breaks out finally)

Edited by Jay24

I've always considered Duncan a power forward, I know he plays a lot at the five too I just like to list him at the four. He also had his best season is years last year, practically averaging 18/10. Hoopstat.com's efficiency rankings had him as the best PF in the league and the 8th best player in the league last year. Not saying that is an end all, be all stat or anything just a combination of these things plus his legacy made me pick him #1. He's still as good as any big in the league IMO.

I agree that Manu is washed up and not that good, but the SG position is just so damn weak right now. There is a massive drop off from Harden, Kobe and Wade. You have guys who are either washed up, struggling to stay healthy or just are too young to really judge. I also think Chandler is overrated too, but center is really weak. Every guy on their have serious flaws, even the elite guys.

Yeah, I wont lie, SG and C are both very weak positions right now. It says something when Dwight has his worst season in years yet he's still unquestionably the #1 center in the league lol

This makes me want to change my name to LoveFTW, but I'm going to avoid going down that road again.

I like the lists, especially since K-Love is representing the T-Wolves. :D

These are kinda based on who I'd take with future potential considered.

PGs:

1. Chris Paul- Obvious choice. Best PG in the league, and I'd argue that it's not close at this point.

2. Derrick Rose - This is based on me believing he's going to come back to pre-injury form.

3. Russell Westbrook - He's still got ways to go as a passer, and was efficient at times last year. But still, he's extremely valuable to the Thunder and he's just getting better.

4. Deron Williams - Everyone knows how high I am on Williams, I'd take him over both Rose and Westbrook personally. Pre-injury and post injury Williams were two different people. He looked great in the second half of the season. He's becoming criminally underrated imo.

5. Tony Parker - Underrated by some, overrated by others. I think he has a spot in the top 5.

6. Stephen Curry - Opened a lot eyes last year. Playmaking is still a work in progress and at least he tries on defense. But he's already arguably one of, if not best shooter in the NBA today.

7. Kyrie Irving - Issues with Irving starts and kind of ends at this point with having no defense. He's a great scorer, and as smooth as they come. Playmaking and decision making with the ball is also a work in progress.

8. John Wall - By the end of next year he might leap frog a lot of guys and end up somewhere in the top 5. He was a machine, and completely turned around the Wizards when he got healthy.

9. Rajon Rondo - Eh, he's great on defense but he sometimes handicaps himself by taking too many risks. In the grand scheme of things, he just doesn't impact the game enough for me to put him any higher.

10. Mike Conley - I was wrong about him. I thought he had peaked, and wasn't going to get any better. But he looked great on both defense and looked much improved on offense.

SGs:

1. Dwayne Wade- Ranking is kinda conditional because he's never actually healthy. But when he is there isn't a SG who can impact the game as a whole like Wade can.

2. Kobe Bryant - Looked great last year before injuries got him. Almost looked like an MVP candidate.

1. James Harden - Can't put him any higher just because his game isn't complete or consistent enough yet. But he'll probably be #1 by the end of the year.

4. Eric Gordon - He just can't get healthy. Which sucks because he's got all the potential in the world.

6. Andre Iguodala - The SG list is just too weak. And in a weak list where a lot of them can't play defense, a great defender like Iggy gets the nod.

7. JR Smith - Say what you want about him, but when he's on, he's extremely deadly.

8. Wilson Chandler

9. Clay Thompson

10. Bradley Beal

SFs:

1. Lebron James - Obvious choice. Far and away the best player in the NBA.

2. Kevin Durant - Howard's decline + his continuous domination puts him at #2 in the NBA.

3. Carmelo Anthony - Was the MVP of the Knicks this past year. Multi dimensional scorer.

4. Paul Pierce

5. Kawhi Leonard

6. Paul George

7. Tobias Harris

8. Rudy Gay

9. Nicolas Batim

10. Manimal

PFs:

1. LaMarcus Aldridge

2. Kevin Love

3. Tim Duncan

4. Blake Griffin

5. Dirk Nowitzki

6. Chris Bosh

7. David West

8. Paul Milsap

9. Greg Monroe IDC WHAT YOU SAY!!! HE'S A POWER FORWARD!!!

10. Anthony Davis

Cs:

1. Dwight Howard

2. Marc Gasol

3. Joakim Noah

4. Larry Sanders

5. Brook Lopez

6. Roy Hibbert

7. Al Horford

8. DeMarcus Cousins

9. Nikola Pekovic

10. Andre Drummond

Wanted to do write-ups for all of them but got lazy towards the end...

• Upvote 1

I'm not a big fan of Chandler. He was lucky to be in such a good system in Dallas for once year. Call me a homer, but I'd take Asik (with his recent developments) over Chandler.