Sign in to follow this  
NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

Will Aaron Rogers Pony Up?

Not sure how to insert the full article showing the tweets, but heres the link....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aaron-rodgers-put-salary-ryan-braun-being-clean-235553423.html

Pay up Aaron!

Aaron Rodgers, who ‘put my salary on’ Ryan Braun being clean, probably regrets that now

By Frank Schwab– 11 hours ago

(USA Today Sports Images)

Aaron Rodgers was so sure his buddy on the Milwaukee Brewers, Ryan Braun, didn't use performance-enhancing drugs, that he told a skeptical Twitter follower last February that he would put his money where his mouth was.

Well, Braun has been suspended by Major League Baseball for the rest of the season after dropping an appeal, and somewhere Todd Sutton is wondering how he can collect the Green Bay Packers quarterback's $4.5 million base salary for this year.

When Braun had a positive test for PEDs overturned on appeal, Rodgers publicly defended him then as well.

Might be a bit awkward the next time the two Wisconsin sports stars talk.

Rodgers probably should be regretting being so defensive of Braun, now that Braun has dropped his appeal and said he made "some mistakes" and is willing to accept the consequences. Rodgers once backed out of a jersey bet with the R&B group Boyz II Men, and we really don't figure he will "pony up" on his Braun bet either.

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

First comment on that article:

So…. you are using tweets that were made a year ago for a completely different PED scandal involving Braun and saying that Rodgers should give up his 2013 salary that wasn't even signed when he made those tweets defending his friend. Hmmm… Also, that particular tweet for that particular "scandal", in which Braun was found not guilty – albeit a technicality – was proven to be true.

The tweets are from Feb 2012… not 2013. Though I acknowledge what Braun did is terrible, Rodgers only came to his friends defense and has been mute this year during Braun's second PED "scandal"; taking the wait and see approach. Way to hold on to old irrelevant stuff and attempt to stir controversy where it doesn't exist. Maybe TMZ or Access Hollywood has an opening for you!

lol

While the tweets were old, he still said he'd put his salary up. I'm hoping he'll send it to me.

He should split it up between everyone who hates Ryan Braun. The majority of it, going to me, because nobody hates Braun more than I do. :D

We need news out of training camps SO BAD...

Edited by KempBolt
  • Upvote 1

Damn right we need more real news. Training camp starts soon!

FWIW, it looks like the author of the article is wrong. Here is the tweet A-Rod supposedly deleted. https://twitter.com/...814847518572544

Edited by NaTaS

I'll give him a pass for it. He was just sticking up for his bro. :yep:

Ya. Imagine how Aaron feels. These two are best friends, they own a restaurant (more like finance it) together... Betrayal runs deep. I am sure he is more disappointed than just about anybody.

LOL...not a great situation for him. Rodgers was getting slammed on twitter and based on the tweets he had sent last year, I genuinely think he had no idea Braun was doing PEDs, and now those tweets defending Braun are biting him in the ass! But I doubt it he'll pony up. It was last seasons salary and it was about the appeal in 2011/2012, not the biogenesis case. I wonder if he'll tweet about it or wait until training camp.