Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Al-Qaida developed liquid that turns clothes into explosives

It just keeps getting weirder and weirder out there....

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.540045

One of the U.S. officials described the new generation explosive as "ingenious," while another said it would be undetectable under current security processes.

The liquid explosive is believed to be the brainchild of the Yemen-based affiliate Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), the officials told ABC News. This affiliate is home to Ibrahim al-Asiri, a master bombmaker, who was on the 25 "most wanted terrorist" list published by the Yemeni government.

A number of U.S. embassies in the region were closed Sunday after the U.S. intercepted communications between the leadership of AQAP and Al-Qaida's remaining leadership in Pakistan, which suggested a major operation was underway, according to senior U.S. officials. The diplomatic posts are expected to remain closed this week.

Edited by Jules

I get the feeling that this discovery will be used to further justify spying on Americans.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

How did they figure out that kind of technology before the US government?

I get the feeling that this discovery will be used to further justify spying on Americans.

only one possible solution: everyone flies naked

How did they figure out that kind of technology before the US government?

Good question which I have no answer for. I will try to speculate loosely for a second:

1) We are losing steam.... :panic:

2) U.S. and/or Israel developed it first and it was stolen/leaked somehow and now we are in some deep shit because of it. :eek:

Note: What if "clothing" isn't the only thing it works on? What about any fabric which is sometimes on any seat on a plane or even a bus?. :eek: Or fabric on suitcases/bags?

Remember they did issue a terror alert for all Americans, especially going overseas.

Hmmm.....

Edited by Jules

Right now the spying is already much worse then the average person realizes anyway.

only one possible solution: everyone flies naked

I think this new development stands to deliver the greatest damage among the female demographic. This policy might actually be necessary. :shifty:

It is fun to joke about but post 9/11 it has already happened at times. There have been reports of women AND men AND children being stripped, felt up, probed anally and vaginally. Not common though but it HAS happened.

Christ, years ago I was flying and they took an elderly black woman in a wheelchair to the side and searched her. I saw it with my own damn eyes. What the F kind of threat was she? :yep: It was sad to see.

Yeah my breasts have been felt lightly but nothing major since they always say the underwire in a bra can set off security, sigh. But, you better bet I would raise a little hell if they told me to take off any clothing when I fly or they wanted to put their hand down my pants.

My dad has often joked we will someday all be flying with g strings on. :rofl:

Granted I only believe things will reach dangerous levels like this to us if/when we have another attack that warrants them further security.

Im pretty sure this technology has been around for quite some time. Even on Mythbusters they developed a liquid that you could soak clothes in which made them explosive. Probably where these dipshits got the idea.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

Well the liquid mythbusters used made the pants highly combustible. The pros made some concoction that made the pants explode though. All you would have to do is develop a clear version. Which I'm sure is not that hard.